Hair Typing Help!

Ebonygurl00

I'm transitioning, and I have no clue what hair type I am! I think I'm 4a-4b, but maybe a little 3c? I just put some pics of my NG in my Fotki. No password needed. I took these pics in late August, and I was about 8 weeks post. I know I may need more NG to determine my hair type, but I would like at least a guess. Thanks in advance!

Ebonygurl00 said:
I'm transitioning, and I have no clue what hair type I am! I think I'm 4a-4b, but maybe a little 3c? I just put some pics of my NG in my Fotki. No password needed. I took these pics in late August, and I was about 8 weeks post. I know I may need more NG to determine my hair type, but I would like at least a guess. Thanks in advance!

wow - your waves are really pretty!!! It looks a lille 4a /3cish in my opinion but they say when you are first transitioning you have "scab" hair which is a little different in texture than what's really to come. But even if that is scab hair, let me tell you baby, that natural hair will be absolutely beautiful!!!

Thanks, ladies!! I have no idea if it's scab hair, but my NG has grown that texture ever since I can remember. I always thought that I had 4b-4z (lol) hair, but the hairtyping system confused me. Thanks again, and thanks for the compliment, nomoweavesforme!! I'm so excited to go natural!

Last edited:
It's hard for me to tell at this stage. But if I had to guess based on how it looks now, I'd say 4a or 3c. :)

Ebonygurl00 said:
Thanks, ladies! I'm glad that I have an idea of what hairtype I am now.

Hey Ebonygurl
Your hair looks great!!! I was just checking out your fotki how the heck do you get your hair to dry so straight, especially in the center. My hair dries beautifully but in the center it's a HOT MESS!

Back