Hair stretching techniques for buns

CurlyDiggy

During the week I usually wear my hair in a phony pony because my shrunk hair does not cover the donut in order to make a bun. On Friday I blew out my hair (didn't last long) I Attempt my bum today and it came out great because my hair was still stretch at the ends.What methods can I use to stretch my ends so it will wrap around the donut with out using heat??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SCH-I500

During the week I usually wear my hair in a phony pony because my shrunk hair does not cover the donut in order to make a bun. On Friday I blew out my hair (didn't last long) I Attempt my bum today and it came out great because my hair was still stretch at the ends.What methods can I use to stretch my ends so it will wrap around the donut with out using heat??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SCH-I500

You can try doing a braid out to stretch your hair.

Once I wash my hair I airdry it in a banded ponytail and tie it down with a scarf.

I hope that is helpful. I don't actually use a donut but I think it should still work.

Twists and braids can really stretch the hair out and also avoid getting too much moisture when trying to style your hair as it'll cause your hair to shrink.

You could try banding. I usually do two ponytails. My hair comes out like a blow-out but w/o the heat.

I just starting doing bantu knots to help stretch mine out and this works very well, but most of the time I do two poney tails and braid them so that the length of them comes out stretched so that I can bun the next day.

Thanks girls. I have some flexi rods I haven't used in a while I might try a roller set my next wash day to stretch my hair

I never liked donut buns on my hair, don't like the way the ends look. I use a hair ball to secure my hair, then moisturize the excess hair, then twist the hair, then wrap the twisted hair around the ball, then add 1 or 2 scrunchies to secure the hair. To moisturize the hair I take it down and do it again then apply scarf.... Works perfect for me... My staple protective style.. ;)

Back