Hair rinsing testimony

[ QUOTE ]
Do you use shampoo when you rinse or just water?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do all three....
shampoo, 'conditioner' shampoos and just plain old rinsing with bottled water.

Well I've been spraying my hair daily with Aloe IN23 and African pride braid spray (very good btw) and it's really helped with growth and whe I take it down I'll check the ends to make sure it's still realy working.

Well, in one of the "daily rinsing" threads here on this board I stated that I would give daily rinsing a try and so far this is day 4 of daily rinsing. Sunday the 18th was my shampoo and deep condition day, then Monday through Wednesday I did the conditioning washes with the AA Pantene. The problem that I had initially was that my new growth was so thick and unruly (I'm 8+ weeks into a relaxer, mind you my hair isn't bone straight either) so when it did dry it felt hard. I tried different products, but today's rinse I would say was successful because after coming out of the tub I carefully parted the hair with my fingers and sprayed it with Pantene leave-in, then rubbed in Humectress in each parted section from root to tip. This was followed with a light oil to seal in moisture. I must say that my hair still feels soft. This may be my rinsing routine for now... I'll keep you posted. I hope this helps other 4A/4Bs who are having problems with the daily rinsing.

[ QUOTE ]
Hair rinsing has definitely been a BIG plus for me as well. I've been condition washing daily for about a week and a half and the overall condition of my hair and scalp has done a complete u-turn. My scalp is not dry and scaly anymore and my hair is so soft and moisturized. I won't be able to realize the acual growth until the end of the month (since I just started out) but I know that I'm definitely a believer with this process!!
smile.gif

Pmichael--I am a 4a/b and after I wash, I towel dry, put in some leave-in conditioner, oil, let's jam gel, and sometimes some s-curl activator and slick it back. Then I cover it with a silk scarf overnight. It dries nice and straight for me... I'm hoping it will continue to do so as I get more new growth!
smile.gif
Oh--and I clip on a phonytail to my little bit of hair that I manage to get into a very sorry ponytail since my hair is still short.
smile.gif

HTH,
L2P
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Love2praz:
Please don't worry, just follow a good regimine and your hair WILL grow.
smile.gif

Hi, all. I am really getting inspired by this thread to try this. Esp for the summertime. But I am a little confused and could use some help. To those that do the daily rinsing - how are you styling your hair during the day? I am assuming protective styles. Do you all wear ponytails or buns everyday while you are doing this? I just got to the point where I can pun my hair in a ponytial, but I am nervous about having to brush my hair back every day. I would love to try this as a summer regimine! Just want to get the styling issue down.

Yea styling is my only issue right now. I dont think I would like wearing my hair up all the time (I just might cry) LOL. j/j

Anyway...I figure that if I get a bunch of accesories like chop sticks and decorative bobby pins I can still have fun with the bun and as far as other styles? I'm stuck.
How on earth do you do a french twist?
What other protective styles are there besides a french twist and a bun?
I'm leery about washing my hair with conditioner every day AND then adding more conditioner for conditioning :)) ). I'm thinking build up. Do you think rinsing with plain water or diluted shampoo has the same effect? Also, since this is all about moisture, what about just spraying hair with water and a few oils?

I stopped daily rising, and wet my hair every 3 days, I have noticed that I am getting dandruff something
nono.gif
, So I have cut back but I still have not noticed alot of growth, I did it for the whole month June almost, any one have this problem?

I had something similar. I think it is caused by product buildup. With the increased amount of conditioner in the hair it could tend to weigh the product down causing hair to be grimy. When you shampoo your hair you might have to lather one more time because of the increased amount of conditoner you are using.

Happylocks,

I believe what you are experiencing is product build-up. I would recommend using a clarifying shampoo. Apply the shampoo only to your scalp, do a good scalp massage, then rinse. This should clear up any build-up you have.

i have a question for the daily rinsers..do you apply additional conditioner after you rinse? For example, say you rinse your hair with Sauve Naturals Vanilla, after rinsing the vanilla conditioner out do you proceed to applying another conditoner like you will do when shampooing? If so would you ladies list your favs? i might have to tweak my routine up a little
scratchchin.gif

Last night I did the following:

First, I "washed" with V05 Pear and Mango Conditioner (note: V05 conditioners have a thin consistency). Then I applied Aussie Moist conditioner (Aussie Moist is a thicker, richer conditoner) I let the Aussie stay on for about 45 minutes with no heat. I then rinsed out the Aussie and applied Hot Six Oil followed by the Smooth n' Shine Serum. This morning my hair was very soft and I am 8 weeks post relaxer (with VERY THICK 4B hair).

Before I found out about conditioner washes, my hair turned out very hard and dry and the new growth was unbearable. This is no longer the case!!

I hope this helps!

Happylocks,

Try this. I’m sure that you can get similar results with an ACV mixture in a spray bottle and just spritz your hair and scalp. Here’s what I did: fill a large bowl/bucket with a gallon of distilled water. Add a liberal amount of organic apple cider vinegar, up to ¼ cup. I use a brand called “Bragg’s Organic” and it’s generally sold only in health food stores. It’s important that whatever brand you use contain these words on the label: “Organic” “unrefined” and “with the mother.” “The mother” is just a naturally occurring protein strand from the apples, it’s not pretty but it’s important. Do NOT use regular distilled (clear) vinegar or apple cider vinegar. I basically soak my head for about 60 seconds and then pour the mixture over my head. The ACV rinse has a number of benefits for your hair (clarifying, conditioning, cleaning) but it is also a natural antiseptic, antifungal and antibiotic treatment. In it’s organic form it is even safe to use undiluted w/ cotton or a q-tip. Do not rinse again, the smell will dissipate after 15 minutes diluted, 30-45 minutes undilutited. You may need to use a leave-in detangler afterwards. I part and plait my hair in 4 sections and then squeeze out the mixture. Now you can proceed to your other styling products.
Remember dandruff, itching and scaling are not conditions but symptoms of other conditions, the most common being seborrhea and psoriasis. People prone to either may also have an associated overgrowth of the yeast and if that is the case the ACV treatment will take care of it.

Personally I CO wash daily. I use this ACV mixture daily, weekly or whenever I feel like there is too much product build-up or have an unexplained “itch”. If you try it please let us know your results.

I like doing the avc rinses too...especially after aerobics when I don't want to shampoo. I like the way it makes my scalp and hair feel clean(which is why I did them when I relaxed).

Brook I still have not tried it, I got the wrong ACV, lol, but That sounds great, How does that work for u doing it daily? I think CW has thinned out my hair, my strands seem to be less thick so I have stop doing them daily, Althought my hair looked healther, I did not want to lose my thickness or fullness of my hair, I do plan to do it, I have been useing baking soda for buildup, I did not get that good amount of growth from daily rinsing but I love the look of my hair, and the water I will keep trying but hopefully with a workout plan and some healther eating

kking7777 said:
Well I have tried the rinsing daily technique and the conditoner washes for the whole month of April and I must tell u ladies. It was well worth it! Today I straighten my hair with the curlers and wrapped it and I have so much growth I almost think bra strap length would be too difficult to handle. I am about 3 inches away now. Well I would like to know if any of u ladies that are rinsing daily have any testimonies as well or is it just me that is receiving all this length and added thickness once straightend.

My mother rinses her hair daily and her hair has grown tremendously. Her hair has gained considerably in length from doing this. After rinsing she uses Care free curl activator and spray. She uses this everyday.

I find it hard rinsing my hair everyday so I rinse from time to time but I mainly wet it when I am shampooing. My hair doesn't really like the conditioner only washes for some reason.

I've been CO washing 6 days a week and shampooing and conditioning 1 day a week, and my hair is very manageable. The thickness of my hair has improved dramatically-probably due to supplements, but I will continue my daily rinses from now on...I only lose about 5 hairs a day, even with 1 inch plus of new growth. My shedding has stopped completely since I started my daily rinses. BTW, I'm 8 weeks post today.

Armyqt said:
I'm definitely a believer
smile.gif
. A friend of mine has relaxed tailbone length hair and many years ago she told me the secret was daily rinsing. She rinsed her hair every day and applied conditioner and left it in until the next day. She washed it like once a week. Her hair was amazingly healthy and she just used any old products. I tried this method but not for long. My hair grew very quickly when I did though. Since starting the summer grow out challenge, I've been rinsing daily and applying conditioner. My hair is responding quite well, but only time will tell how it affects my growth factor. I will definitely update.

Congrats kking on your tremendous hair growth. Here's to another inch
cheers.gif

Hi ArmyQT! Let me qet this straight so I understand....your friend and you were washing or rinsing every night and putting in a conditioner and sleeping in that and then rinsing that conditioner out in the morning and wearing it in a protective style all day right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyqt
I'm definitely a believer
smile.gif
. A friend of mine has relaxed tailbone length hair and many years ago she told me the secret was daily rinsing. She rinsed her hair every day and applied conditioner and left it in until the next day. She washed it like once a week. Her hair was amazingly healthy and she just used any old products. I tried this method but not for long. My hair grew very quickly when I did though. Since starting the summer grow out challenge, I've been rinsing daily and applying conditioner. My hair is responding quite well, but only time will tell how it affects my growth factor. I will definitely update.

Congrats kking on your tremendous hair growth. Here's to another inch
cheers.gif

ArmyQT, did she apply the conditioner, let it sit overnight, then rinse it out in the morning OR did she leave it in all day until she rinsed it out again at night??? :confused: and when you said she washed it once a week, is that when she would use shampoo???

Do you ladies every tie it up with a silk or satin scarf until dry so that you have less shrinkage and no frizz? Bonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
Do you ladies every tie it up with a silk or satin scarf until dry so that you have less shrinkage and no frizz? Bonjour

I've been rinsing/CO washing off and on for the past year....LOVE IT!!

I tie it up for however long I need to before I walkout the door (or if it's dry).

After rinsing I apply a leave in conditioner, oil (Vatika or something else I have in my stash, always a liquid though) and then a lite gel to the edges (Fantasia w/Sparklelites) and the topping with coconut oil does the trick.

It always dries soft and shiny and smooth. Most days I wear buns or quick weaves. My hair health is improving exponentially.

Thanks for the bump!

Mahalialee4 said:

I have been cw for years, before I knew about the boards, when I have 1.5" of new growth like I do now, I cw and use whatever product, put it in a bun, then tie a scarf at the front of the hairline to lay down the new growth. Works like a charm. But I don't leave the scarf on until it dries. Just until it lays the nw growth down, maybe 30 mins.

Back