hair removal cream= relaxers

coolsista-paris

hair removal cream= relaxers, almost?

dont you think its almost the same product . hair removal makes hair straight (but then makes hair fall).
relaxers make hair straight (hair can fall only if its used wrong). my neighbor once had sl hair ,3 days after it was bold (she left thé relaxer on an hour to be sûre it comes out bone straight ) omg how stupid that was!

removal cream reminds me thé smell of relaxer .

so,some natural nazis say natural is thé only way to go etc... products must be natural all that. i was wondering if some of those extrême ladies use removal cream or say "thé private hairs must be natural too"

dont shout at me ladies !!! im.natural and was à relaxed too. take it with humor i was just curiously thinking if that point . lol came to my mind just like that ;-)

Last edited:

kimpaur

I do remember reading somewhere that it's basically like the same chemical. I've noticed the straightening effect too.

Theresamonet

The active ingredient in Nair is calcium hydroxide. Which is also the active of no lye relaxers. The hair removal process is also similar as relaxing: breaks down the Keratin bonds. The major difference is that the ingredient the calcium hydroxide works in conjunction with in hair removal creams is a form of Thioglycolate... You would (should) never mix those two when relaxing your head. When you put a curly perm over a relaxer you are basically in the process of a hair removal.

Last edited:

coolsista-paris

The active ingredient in Nair is calcium hydroxide. Which is also the active of no lye relaxers. The hair removal process is also similar as relaxing: breaks down the Keratin bonds. The major difference is that the ingredient the calcium hydroxide works in conjunction with in hair removal creams is a form of Thioglycolate... You would (should) never mix those two when relaxing your head. When you put a curly perm over a relaxer you are basically in the process of a hair removal.

oh i didnt know all that. thanks misses science ;-)

just imagine they make up relaxers in tubes in thé future... would be weard.

Well your information explains why thé hair removal makes hair fall.
relaxer wont (unless abused of course).

coolsista-paris

I do remember reading somewhere that it's basically like the same chemical. I've noticed the straightening effect too.

i find thé smell similar. thats what brought up my questions. i hadnt smelled à relaxer in 5 years so when i opened that tube of hair removal thé memories came back