Exclusively for fine, fragile, thinning hair
A metabolic scalp treatment fortified with biotin to stimulate hair growth
Concentrated ingredients strengthen hair
Increases circulation to the scalp
Penetrates the epidermis to benefit thin hair
Noticeable results in approximately 45 days
pH balanced
An integral part of the VitaTress hair revitalization program

VitaTress Biotin Creme is formulated with an abundance of nutrient rich ingredients including Biotin, B-Complex Vitamins, Amino Acids and Proteins to penetrate the epidermis and provide an ideal environment on the scalp for the growth of healthy hair. These regenerative Nutrients are enhanced with DHT inhibitors and anti Demodex ingredients to make Biotin Creme an extremely effective formulation for the treatment of thinning hair.
The addition of stimulating ingredients Swertia Japonica, Red Algae (Palmaria Palmata), Wild Mint, Niacin, Ginkgo Biloba and Ginseng help activate cellular activity, necessary for the delivery of vital Nutrients. Biotin Creme is the advanced solution to achieving full, voluminous, healthy hair.

Directions: Apply Biotin Creme to scalp, specifically focusing on areas where hair is thinning. Massage in thoroughly. Leave in, allowing absorption of vitalizing ingredients. Recommended usage: daily or before bedtime as an overnight treatment for optimal results.

HTH /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
AmilLion said:
LADIES, THIS WAS MY SLICK WAY OF GETTING IDEAS FOR PRODUCTS AS WELL. I should be ashamed of myself....NOT /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no reason to be ashamed of yourself. That's what we're all here for (sharing).

I take natures way nutri juice veggies and nutri juice fruit. I am also taking a Gary null sea vegetable salad supplement and sonnes beet juice.

Thankfully, I've simplied my routine a lot:

"Hair Did" Friday
Add hot olive oil on dry hair and work out for at least 30 minutes.
Shampoo - lather once with Motions Lavish Conditioning and once with Breakthru
Deep condition with Breakthru Deep Penetrating Conditioner with heat for 30 minutes and then 30 minutes more w/o heat
Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer for five minutes or so
Combo of Infusium 23, Natures Shine and a drop of IC Hair Polisher and pull hair up into a ponytail.
I add a little Profective Healthy Ends to the ponytailed hair, braid it and wrap with a silk scarf.

Daily Maintenance
In the a.m., smooth on a little carrot oil or Profective MegaMoisturizer and add d/s ponytail. At night, remove d/s and wrap with silk scarf.

On Tuesday nights, I'll just do a CO wash and either wear one cornrow until Friday or a bun or some other protective style.

Relaxing
Every 8 weeks or so, usually with Mizani but the last time my stylist used Precise and it worked just as well.

Vitamins
One-A-Day for Women and Ultranourishair. I'm not going to replenish the UNH and will only be taking one multi per day. That's it.

i'm glad you created this thread. i have seen so many ladies with healthy heads of hair and it is important to read the routines and regimes that everyone is using in order to devise a plan for yourself. i see that mostly people are washing once or twice a week. i plan to write down the basics of the regimes and devising one of my own. God bless you all.

Currently my regimen is as follows:

Wash Day(s)
I currently wash my hair 2x a week I do one conditioner wash (usually with Keracare but I'm about to start using up some old Mane N Tail) on Tuesday evenings and let it air dry tied down.
Friday evenings I do a hot oil treatment either with my essential oil concotion or one of the Indian oils I'm trying. I leave it in overnight
Saturday morning I shampoo with Keracare Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo then do a deep conditioner with either Kiehls Cholesterol or Mizani Moisturefuse.
Both Wash days I finish up with:
Fantasia IC Hair Strengthener
Fantasica IC Leave-In Conditioner
Either Carrot Oil or S-Curl concentrating on my ends

Daily Maintenance
Every night spray ends with S-Curl or use ORS Carrot Oil.
Some nights I use a Amla/Bringraj oil mixture on my scalp
Some nights I use WGO.
EVERY night I tie my hair down with satin scarves.
My hair is almost ALWAYS in drawstring ponytails or braids. That will probably change in the summer time.

Relaxing
I now texturize every 12 weeks.

Vitamins
My vitamin regimen is in my signature.

Regimen (currently in damage-control/mend phase):

Wash (1-2x/wk): Cream-of-Nature Shampoo-Fine Hair
Motions CPR (1x/wk, alt w/Bodiphier conditioner during wk-both w/heat 30 min)
Aveda Curessence Damage Relief Conditioner
Rinse w/Marshmallow-root tea
Salerm 21 Leave-in
Massage scalp nightly w/oil mixture (DooGrow w/rosemary &amp; sage oil)
Aphogee Treatment for Damage Hair (1x every 6 weeks)
Daily: wearing hair pulled back w/pre-con gel to "rest" hair
Vitamins: (Natures Way Hair &amp; Skin PLUS Mason's Hair Formula, plus B-complex, multi, EFA's, C, calcium &amp; E)

Natural-no more chemical relaxers of any kind including bodiphier....)

(just started taking vitamins 1 wk ago, and really never had ANY regimen before coming to these boards a few weeks ago after my hair-damage incident, THANK YOU LADIES) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Washes (2X weekly)
Hot oil treatment: WGO with rosemary oil added
Shampoo: Cream of Nature
Rinse: ACV or Rosemary oil and water
Conditioner: Nexxus Thera...or Motions CPR with Rosemary oil
Style: Wet wrap and under dryer for 45 minutes, tie up hair and let remainder air dry.

Daily Maintenance
Nioxin Bliss
Avocado Oil or Jojoba--depends on if hair is down or in ponytail
Massage scalp with rosemary, lavender, and jojoba oil

Perm (5-6 weeks)
Mild Affirm

Vitamins
No longer taking vitamins, didn't like the additional hair
growth

Amillion what was your vitamin regimen before you discontinued use/images/graemlins/confused.gifjust curious Thanxs! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wash Day
I wash 1x per week, would like to increase it to 2x's a week, but i never quite do it!
Lather 2x with CON shamp or Breathru
apply ORS and process for 45mins w/ heat the I place my spa towel on my head afterwards to trap in the heat and activate my natural body heat. leave that on for however long usually another hour
rinse and spray motions detangler on hair ans use WGO to seal in moisture and braid in 3 braids and sleep!

I'M MAKING CHANGES THOUGH!!!!
adding my forgotten miracle ACV rinse
using condits without heat to see how it impacts my tangling situation.. (I believe when i have a lot of new growth iget shrinkage and that is what creates my tangles)
will start using my silk worm hair rinse condit and will wash at least 2x weekly!!!

I keep daily maintenance simple WGO and ORS acrrot oil to style,
WGO at night and a satin scarf

i wear a bun the whole week

Here is my current regime:

Wash day: Creme of Nature Shampoo or Optimum shampoo 2x a week. Dry Hair Healer mixed with soybean oil, microwaved, and then I sit under the dryer for 30min. Towel dry and spritz with Motions Nourish Leave in Conditioner. I use this and Black and Sassy's Creme Set with some oil (whatever I have) and roller set using the Diane purple rollers with the snap on covers.

Daily maintenance: Since I have become pregnant my hair must really be growing-it has only been a little over four weeks since my last relaxer and I can't do a thing with it! For the past two weeks I have only been able to wear it up in a bun or french roll to keep it tame. This routine has really been working for me so far.

I keep my ends moisturized with Elasta QP Mango Butter and seal with my Shea butter oil.

I've been experimenting with a new routine last two weeks in order to deal with they extreme dryness caused by the harsh cold. Here it is...

Wash
-"Deep Condition" wash daily or every other day with Elucence or Suave Coconut + Honey + Avocado Oil. I slather this concoction on dry hair, put a plastic cap on it, and leave it on for about an hour (half an hour or so if I use heat). Then I rinse it out and do another quick conditioning with Rusk Calm 60-second conditioner or Pureology Hydrate conditioner. By day 3 of doing this, my dryness problem was completely alleviated.
-Shampoo once a week with Pureology Hydrate shampoo or Aveda Curessence shampoo

Deep Conditioning
-L'Oreal Unfrizz conditioner once a week w/o heat for about an hour once a week
-Aveda Curessence protein conditioner followed by L'Oreal Unfrizz conditioner or Frederic Fekkai Protein RX treatment (this is very moisturizing so I don't follow up with a separate moisturizing conditioner) every two weeks

Style
-Put in a bit of Kiehl's Silk Groom and Bumble &amp; Bumble Leave-in or Rusk Smoother Leave-in and air dry.
-Wrap nightly with KMS Silker Leave-in conditioner spray.

Relaxer
Every 10 - 12 weeks. Currently at 9 weeks and I need to find a new hairdresser I can trust pronto!

Supplements
Multi-vitamin
500 mg Vitamin C
500 mg B5 2x a day
3000 mcg Biotin 2X a day
1000 mg MSM
3000 mg Flax Seed Oil
Viviscal (new to my regime)

My current winter regime is as follows:

Pre-Shampoo
Queen Helene Cholesterol w/ honey and jojoba oil (overnight)

Shampoo
Kiehl's Lecithin Conditioning Shampoo
KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
(1 wash and rinse with each)

Treatment
Kiehl's Lecithin &amp; Coconut Enriched Hair Masque w/Panthenol

Deep Condition
Kiehl's Intensive Repairateur Deep Conditioning Pak
(every 2 weeks)

Moisture (after drying hair &amp; also used daily)
Aveda Brilliant Humecant Pomade
Kiehl's Creme de la Creme

I wash my hair twice a week and wear braids. The only time other then washing that I unbraid my hair is for my touch-up.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pre shampoo treatment with olive oil and honey (/images/graemlins/wave.gif at Nay007).

Shampoo once a week with Dax Vegetable Oil Shampoo and Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair (though my hair is not damaged) followed by Motions Oil Moisturizer (every 3 washes) or Motions CPR or Motions Moisture Plus.

I rollerset my hair with Infusium and Fantasia IC serum.
I grease my scalp with Murray's Oil: Hair Revitalizer with Carrot Oil (which I love). Moisturize daily with Pantene Light Conditioner and Motions Oil Moisturizer.

I wear protective styles but am trying to find more. I can't fit my bun under my hat, so I've been wearing ponytails under my bucket hat. I will now try to do french braids and single braids under my hat. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

It's been hard this past week to adjust to my new schedule (school) and so I've fallen slightly from the regime. My hair was starting to get dry, but I just moisturized heavily tonight and I see a difference. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm always looking to improve and plan to purchase more conditioners to alternate with like Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol and L'oreals' Nature Therapy. I would like to try another Protein conditioner (but one that I can find in the beauty supply store)..Can someone PM me with suggestions? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My routine is as follows:

Wash Days - Sundays and Thursdays
Pre-Shampoo Treatment - Warm Olive Oil for about 15 mins.
Shampoo - Elucence Moisture Benefits 2x
Conditioner - Elasta QP DPR-11 w/heat for 30 mins.
Leave-in - Elucence Moisture Balancing

I then proceed to either rollerset, do the ponytail method using the No-Drip curl activator or put my hair in a bun using the activator as well.

P.S. I recently tried an ACV rinse and loved it. It will be a part of my routine from here on out.

*My current (simple)regimen 2x weekly*
Mizani botanifying shampoo
Mizani moisturefuse with heat for 15 minutes
Dudleys styling foam and Procclaim glossing polish for roller setting
To keep my hair moisturized I also use Procclaim glossing polish in between washes. I find that it does not make my hair look greasy.
I get my hair relaxed (Affirm)professionally about every 3-4 months.
I dont do protein treatments cause my hairdresser says that my hair does not need protein, she said to maintain my hair all I have to do is make sure its keeping moisture.

Currently my regimen is...

I wash my hair twice a week. I conditioner wash each time. I use Suave conditioner, VO5, &amp; Pantene smooth &amp; sleek for my washings. I use a clarifying shampoo once or twice a month. I normally use Healthy Hair Plus Emu Oil shampoo and Keeping the Color shampoo.

I deep condition everytime I wash my hair. I use UBH deep conditioner or ORS Hair Mayo.

I follow up w/ an ACV rinse. I then use a miosturizing conditioner. I normally use HeatActivated Moisturizing conditioner or Mizani Moisturfuse or Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek conditioner.
I then use UBH dew, New Image Thernal Active conditioner, and my hair pomade as leave-ins.

Relaxer
I relax my hair every 6 to 8 months. I just recently switched to a Affirm Mild lye relaxer.

Here's mine /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wash 2x per week (sometimes 3) with Lanza Protein Plus or Lanza Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Deep Condition with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner; no heat, 30-60 minutes. If need shine I use Feria. If I need a lot of slip because of rough hair I use the EMB and then Pantene DMR. I often finish my washes with Pantene - for shine.

Other possible conditioners that I use less frequently than those above...

Mane &amp; Tail
Lanza Be Long
Infusium Power Pac

If I need protein (once every two weeks or so and immediately before and after relaxer and permanent color applications) I use Dudley's Hair Rebuilder (Jerseygirl if you are still out there there I LOVE you for recommending this to the board...) and then I follow with EMB. The EMB is growing on me....like seriously... Still testing how I feel about the other Elucence Condtioner as a protein treament - the jury is still out....

Rollerset with Motions Nourishing Leave In and some Monoi de Tahiti Oil on the ends or a serum. Dry under a hooded dryer for 1 .5 hrs /images/graemlins/mad.gif and wrap. Tie with a satin scarf each night. Sometimes I airdry in a bun or curly...

Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer is my all purpose moisturizer. I use it as needed as a rollersetting moisturizer sometimes, as a frizz fighter sometimes (when I aridry curly or in a bun) and as a daily hairdressing sometimes mixed with Diamond Drops serum by African Royale - my new serum find.

Wear in a twisted up updo 2 times a week. This is the most I can do now as I get tired of the look and the headaches. I figure it's better than nothing and it eliminates the need for elastics which sometimes cause brakage on me depending on how patient I am about taking them out that particular day.

Re-touch with Motions Oil Moisutrizing Relaxer with a fully based scalp (base = Elucence). New growth only ALWAYS. No combing or pulling.

Color Rinses every 4 weeks. Brand = Adore.

To add to my regime just as soon as I get ten free seconds....

Preshampoos with left over conditioners that I didn't love mixed with Olive Oil

ACV rinses ( I ran oout my mix and now I'm hooked again - gotta mix up another batch)

My winter routine:

Everyday
Inside: Moisturize throughout the day with water, Profectiv purple and yellow stuff, and at night seal with ORS/WGO mixture combo (thanks, LondonDiva /images/graemlins/wink.gif) or just plain oil. Cover with silk or satin scarf.

Outside: Cover hair - no matter what. The air here will suck moisture out of whatever it can find. We got 8 - 10 inches Sunday/Monday (no biggie for Minnesota) but then the sun came out and the temperature dropped and with the wind chill, if I didn't cover my hair ...[shudder].

Preshampoo
Warm up one of any oils - evoo, monoi, jojoba, etc. - apply, leave in overnight.

Wash &amp; Condition
Rinse hair almost daily.
Conditioner wash with conditioners I don't care for but need to use up (although, Tracy, that's a smart idea you have there about mixing up conditioners w/oil as preshampoo treatments /images/graemlins/wink.gif).

2x/week use Elucence moisturizing shampoo, followed by an ACV rinse and then either by homemade Cathy Howse conditioner or Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment for 20 minutes, and finally Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner afterwards for 30 minutes - always.

Styling
Apply EMB conditioner, Profectiv purple and yellow leave-ins (whatever their proper label names may be /images/graemlins/smirk.gif), Farouk Silk Therapy leave-in, jojoba oil, and either WGO or Sweetcocoa's hair pomade to seal.

With this cold -I've just realized that there are few places that are colder than Minnesota /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif- the only thing my hair can stand are protective styles ... so no more wet setting /images/graemlins/nono.gif till the air is more user-friendly. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Supplements
Solaray B-complex
Pantothenic Acid - 500mgs 2x/day (when I remember)
Powdered MSM

Re: AZjeepgurl\'s Hair Regime

Wash (every 4-7 days, depending on the scalp build up):
1) Creme of Nature detangling shampoo for dry, brittle hair
2) Pantene Pro-V Moisturizing shampoo (not too often - high ph)
3) Elucence Volume clarifying shampoo (recent purchase)

Rinse: Apple cider vinegar mixed w/water, rosemary, lavender and sage essential oils (between shampoo and conditioner)

Conditioner:(always sit at least 1/2 hour under hooded dryer)
1) Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor (Protein)
2) Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner (Moisturizing)
3) Elucence Moisture Balancing Condtioner

Extra special hair treat:
1) Extra-Virgin Olive Oil hot oil treatment
2) LeKair Cholesterol Plus (Deep Conditions)

Relaxer: Affirm (sensitive scalp, I think)

Daily Moisturizer:
1) Profectiv Healthy Ends
2) Essential oil mix: Jojoba, extra virgin olive oil, lavender, sage, rosemary, bottled water
3) S-Curl No-Drip activator

Evening Care:

1) Oil ends in morning and at night before bed.
2) Always sleep with satin scarf/pillowcase
3) Plaits or wrap hair at night when I'm in the mood
4) Mostly I just fold my ends under and wrap scarf around my head
5) Massage scalp when I remember

Morning care:
1) Oil ends
2) Style, sometimes Caruso Rollers, sometimes flat iron, sometimes ponytail, sometimes bun, sometimes wrap &amp; go.
3) Wide-toothed comb, ALWAYS! ( I only lightly brush with boar-bristled brush when wrapping hair at night or if in bun, gently smoothing hairs down.)

Vitamins:
1) Megafoods Women's One daily vitamin (whole food - thanks, Caress for posting that article about synthetic vitamins!)
2) Member's Mark MSM - 1000 mg from Costco
3)Solgar B-Complex-100
4) Sprouts Strawberry-flavored chewable Vitamin C (1000-1500 mg, cause I'm a smoker)

I drink as much water as I can stand daily!

That's about it, folks!
AZ /images/graemlins/wink.gif

It took a while to get this down but hair it is:
My hair is natural

Rinse my hair daily (I workout daily)
Oil scalp and ends of my hair with Jojoba oil
Paul Mitchell The Cream Leave in Conditioner
Spray with glycerin/water or just plain water throughout the day
Deep Condition once a week 60min with a hot towel
I use one of these each week to deep condition:
Sage
Aloe
Olive oil, Castor oil, egg &amp; mayonaise mix
Cholesterol Treatment

I only comb my hair (which is rare) when it's wet.
I always sleep with a satin scarf or cap

I have my hair braided now. So I rinse with plain water every day and then spray with glycerin/water throughout the day. Depending on how my scalp feels I clean it with lemon juice mixed with 2 drops of rosemary oil and warm water.

Vitamins I take:

VitaAdvance Multivitamin w/Iron 1x
Calcium 600mg 2x
NourishHair 2x
MSM 1000mg 3x
Flax Seed Oil 1000mg 3x
EPO 500mg 2x
Biotin 1mg 1x
Cod Liver Oil 3x

1-2 liters of water everyday /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well I have revised my regimen, it has changed slightly

1x or 2x weekly

Mizani botanifying shampoo
Paul Mitchell The Detangler (deep condition for about a half hour or so)
roller set using plain ol' water
moisturize daily with Elasta QP mango butter

Pre-shampoo treatment:
Olive oil, castor oil, aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, rosemary essential oil, birch essential oil, peppermint oil (leave on a minimum of 1 hr)

Wash (every 5-7 days, depending on how my scalp feels):
1) KeraCare hydrating detangling shampoo detangling shampoo
2) Aubrey J.A.Y.
3) Herbal shampoo blend: Pure Essentials (fragrance-free) shampoo, 30 drops rosemary, birch, ylang-ylang, sandalwood, peppermint, 2 ozs. Strong herb tea, ½ oz. vinegar

Herbal hair rinse:
Rosemary, cherry bark, nettle, burdock root, comfrey root, peppermint, ACV mixed w/water, 3-5 drops rosemary, birch and peppermint essential oils

Conditioner:
1) Motions CPR
2) Mizani Moisturefuse
3) Tropical Avocado
4) NACIDIT Aceite de Oliva

Leave-in:
1) Kiehl’s Silk Groom
2) Kiehl’s Leave-in Hair Conditioner

Daily:
1) Spray w/ castor, aloe vera gel, olive, jojoba, emu mixed w/rosemary, peppermint, ylang-ylang (may spray scalp, if dry)
2) Mist with jaborandi herb tea
3) Luster’s S-Curl no-drip activator

Relaxer: Affirm lye - mild

Evening Care:
1) Oil ends in morning and at night before bed
2) Always sleep with satin scarf
3) Plait or wrap hair

Style:
1) Ponytail (plaited &amp; twisted around in a bun &amp; pinned)
2) Hair parted down the middle, ends bumped w/flat iron

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Allandra said:
Your herbal hair rinse sounds wonderful. I need to 'spice up' my little mixture of acv and water.

[/ QUOTE ]

It feels wonderful on the scalp. It doesn't tingle, it just feels refreshing.

AZ your routine sounds deep, I printed it.

About your ACV rinse, what PROPORTIONS of these ingredients do you use I may try it?

Thanks.

AZJeepgurl
Rinse: Apple cider vinegar mixed w/water, rosemary, lavender and sage essential oils (between shampoo and conditioner)

Hey, Cynamon (my favorite little researcher),
Girrrrrl, I have to be truthful, I don't really measure.

But if I had to guess, I would say about 2-3 tablespoons of ACV, 1 cup of water and 10 drops each of my Rosemary and sage.

Hope this helps.
Take care! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back