Hair coil change?

C

cieramichele

This might be a silly question ... Did any of you naturals start out with a tight coil pattern but ended up with a looser coil pattern as it grew out due to length? If so, can I see pictures?

Like with the big choppers, did you start out with tight coils and end up with looser coils?

This might be a silly question ... Did any of you naturals start out with a tight coil pattern but ended up with a looser coil pattern as it grew out due to length? If so, can I see pictures?

Like with the big choppers, did you start out with tight coils and end up with looser coils?

hi there,

this is not a silly question. I was actually thinking about this yesterday. When I big chopped in 2006, I took msm and remember my texture changing from that of being tightly coiled to almost wavy. Of course, I did not take any pics :wallbash: but taking the msm did change my texture. I knew it was the msm b/c once I stopped taking it back came my tight coils. The msm also made my hair softer. Recently, I ordered silica and a hair vitamin that I plan on taking for 3 months and charting my progress and then adding the msm into the routine.

I was wondering this too. I have tight coils and was wondering if they would become looser as my hair grew out and got heavier

mine coiled up more as it grew
it was very loose at first
but now as i am moisturizing more it is loosening up again
dry = frizzy on my head :nono:

I'm hoping that with length my hair will start growing down a little as opposed to out. I think that comes with time and length.

My hair has gone from super tightly coiled to more frizzy wavy. I 'blame' henna, the caramel treatment, and additional weight from healthier (rather than super thin) ends.....
I was THINKING that my hair would get easier to manage as the weight increased and the coils started to 'hang' a little more - but they didn't get bigger (duh!) they just got wavier, cuz that's what coils do when they are stretched out, and now my two strand twists don't have that adorable little 'tunnel curl' at the end, and they aren't NEARLY as 'boingy' as they were before........ *sigh*

I might start using amla more - that's supposed to help curl your hair back up.

My hair has gone from super tightly coiled to more frizzy wavy. I 'blame' henna, the caramel treatment, and additional weight from healthier (rather than super thin) ends.....
I was THINKING that my hair would get easier to manage as the weight increased and the coils started to 'hang' a little more - but they didn't get bigger (duh!) they just got wavier, cuz that's what coils do when they are stretched out, and now my two strand twists don't have that adorable little 'tunnel curl' at the end, and they aren't NEARLY as 'boingy' as they were before........ *sigh*

I might start using amla more - that's supposed to help curl your hair back up.

i'll have to keep that in mind for the future in case i have that issue

Back