growth aid: HiGHly hIGHLY highly HIGhlLY recommend:: sewINs!!

sweetsuccess

where can i get sum megatek?! maybe i just need to get my sew in.. bring sum mega tek and be on my way?!

Congrats girl!! That's some amazing progress!!

Weaves are the bomb, it's a shame because they get a bad rep, but I'm able to retain so much growth with them. My hair grows the best with weaves, just squrt some Mega-Tek on the scalp, 2 months BAM, 2 inches of growth.

Plus weaves are the most stylish protective style when done right.

sweetsuccess

yea girl... i really owe it to you and bauderldy... im very very happy wtih my results.. i cant wait until the next atlanta meeting. i hope it wont be while im away these next few months. when i get back from spain i WOULD LOVE to be APL.. but i dont think that'll happen. maybe if i was doing my own hair as i planned. but sumone has convinced me to get a net weave.. i was told me i get a net sew in... it can last as long as id like.... as in, id have it in for four months... is that unheard of ?! supposedly having the net would keep my braids to lay flat rather than once they come aloose bcuz of the growth my hair will still look flat....... and if thats the case.. my roots are going to lock up?! hhav u heard of such thing?

by the way, thanks!!! lol.

Tanya....!!!

OMG look at that growth girl!

Yeah, I remember when you were at the Atlanta LHCF meetup you had concerns about the weave. I am sooo glad you did it. Your hair is amazing. So, when you get back from Spain you will be APL, huh?

I understand about the weave and braids while overseas. Why don't you consider a wig. There's a girl on BHM and maybe a member here - Alynxx http://members.fotki.com/alynxx/about/

She grew out her hair with wigs. Just a thought. You can get your hair cornrowed up and keep a wig here and there. I'm sure there's someone in Spain that can do weaves or braids though. Don't sleep...white girls get weaves too.

hehe

sweetsuccess

Wow thanks for this post! I'm planning on using Weave and MT during my school year as my two growth aids! :grin: I am not even more confident that this will in fact work!

As for your four months in Spain, I've heard of people doing sew ins for as long as 6-8 months (which is what I'm planning on doing).. would that be damaging to your hair?

yea, see i dont know what to do. i definitly dont know how those ppl kept the weaves in that long... i mean, it would have to be SOoOoMe GoOOooOOd hair and someone gReAT to do it!...... so as i mentioned before, one of my atlanta stylist have convinced me to get a net weave in- she said shes done it for many clients who have kept it in 3-4 months at a time with no problem. while im thinking.. maybe ur clients hair just dont grow as mine does... cuz i feel like if i keep my hair braided for four months with a net holding it down... my new growth just might nat up! ... and what am i gona do then?! has anyone done this before? if so, let me know.. i really am considering it for the fact that i dont wana have to deal with my hair.. the the growth ive been gettn now with these 4-5week at a time sew ins.. i cant imagine having just ONE sew in for so long. but i will if someone can confirm my hair wont nat up... and can tell me how to prevent it if so... (im thinkn just keep it moistoriized)... right??

TIA

MonaRae

Thanks for the bump! I didn't see this the first time around. Great progress. Keep up the good work!

drjo91

I am going to get a full sewn in weave soon. No hair out. So i am definately happy to read this thread.

bee

So...sweetsuccess, where did you purchase your hair? Please tell me I can purchase this from the BSS! I'm about to start my student-teaching next month and I know I won't have the usual amount of time to style my hair. If I can get some growth while hiding my hair, that'd be even better!