Growing Hair By Moon Phases

Armyqt

For many years farmers have successfully harvested crops by lunar cycles (moon phases). The general idea behind this is that certain phases of the moon can produce bountiful crop cycles. Personally I follow this method, only cutting my hair when there's a new moon. I don't know if it works or not, but I figure it can't hurt. The moon controls the tides, and since our bodies are made up of 70% water, it is said that the moon controls our activities, moods, hormones and other stuff including the growth of our hair. I have enlcosed a link that gives a little more info on the topic so everyone can get the general idea. I don't understand the calendar he has up, but I know the general rule is cutting or trimming your hair during the waxing (growing) moon or the new moon, speeds up hair growth. If anyone is interested, here's the link.

http.www.morroccomethod.com/artlunar.html

Hey ladies just a point to ponder. Why do roses and other flowers grow back more after they have been pruned or trimmed? (I have a rosebush and have seen this myself). I think it's because the root is connected to the flower. Well... just what if our hair worked by this same concept? What if hair isn't dead protein? What if trimming the ends really promote hair growth, as is believed many? Just wondering. After all, anything is possible and in life there are few absolutes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Have I gone completely insane?????? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlkMane

Armyqt-

That sounds very interesting. I will definitely check out the link when I have the time. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DiamondDoll

This is interesting and very cool since I have already planned to go to the hairdresser on Dec 20th from about a month ago (marked it down on calendar already). I will definately go for a micro trim then!

Valerie

I was told about this method a few years ago. It is one way of us getting in tune with the universe. I don't think it is a bad at all.

NYCchild

Amyqt, very interesting article, i do garden and have to agree with you. mmmmm... lots to ponder.

by the way your hair is so lovely, what relaxer do you use and would u mind sharing ure regime.

thanks

Terri

LondonDiva

Armtqt

To answer your question about the hair trimming and rose bush pruning theory

well this is my take on it
The hair is dead once through the hair follicle. The actual hair strand itself has no nerve endings, therefore when we trim it break it there is nothing telling your scalp that your hair has been trimmed as it can't feel anything. The rose bush however is living throughout from the roots to the flowers. It's more likely than hair to feel when part of it has been cut broken.

Hope that makes some sort of sense

LadyZ

Armyqt said:
Sorry about that. Try this link.
www.morroccomethod.com/artlunar.html

My ends are pretty okay right now. I'm gonna hold off my trim until the Dec new moon. I think it's kinda cool. Another way for me to indulge my hair obsession. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

===========================================================
good reading:D