GROW YOUR HAIR WITH L-CYSTEINE & EGGS CHALLENGE!

Ok will do...

how often are we updating?

I think taking pictures from the beginning and throughout are is another tip just to keep focus and see the results.

This is true! taking pics would really help to document of course! So the ladies that are up to that and want to document should start with a beginning pic now. let me add that to the front page too :yep:

I'm gonna take my 'before' pic tonight or tomorrow. I hope this can push some more hair out of my head :grin:

if this doesnt nothing will!

Ok will do...

how often are we updating?

I think taking pictures from the beginning and throughout are is another tip just to keep focus and see the results.

I'm thinking of an update in 2 or 3 months I couldnt decide which one lol

you ladies are free to let me know what you think would be best

I'm thinking of an update in 2 or 3 months I couldnt decide which one lol

you ladies are free to let me know what you think would be best

Since I'm so impatient I think every 2mth/8wks is good for me. I will take my pics to night.

I have a isolated area that is recovering from going bald, its fuzzied in almost where I can grab it & hold it....no near enough to make a pony or anything like that. This is an area I will definitely be able to measure if its working for sure.

I had mentioned this prob a while back, and got awesome suggestions and since then have been workin' it. So we will see.

Great Post today Iris...like you said anything to push more hair out of my head...:lachen:

Since I'm so impatient I think every 2mth/8wks is good for me. I will take my pics to night.

I have a isolated area that is recovering from going bald, its fuzzied in almost where I can grab it & hold it....no near enough to make a pony or anything like that. This is an area I will definitely be able to measure if its working for sure.

I had mentioned this prob a while back, and got awesome suggestions and since then have been workin' it. So we will see.

Great Post today Iris...like you said anything to push more hair out of my head...:lachen:

ok 8 weeks it is then! I am sure this will help, staying consistent is the key! This is said to also make the hair thicker so thats another thing we are going to see :clap:

Iris, you are awesome! I use egg whites as a protein deep condish. I think I'll give this challenge a try since my hair and raw eggs are old friends! Nice to see you around!

Hi Iris!!

You can add me to this challenge. I was just reading about L-Cysteine last week while looking for ways to thicken up my ultra thin, fine hair.

So here is my plan of action..

1. I will start off with the egg and olive oil treatment weekly, con-wash and then deep condition under a dryer for 30 minutes.

2. Since I love eggs this should be easy. I usually only eat egg whites but to maximize the benefits I'll eat the whole egg. I will eat two eggs (scrambled, in an omelet, boiled or with tuna) daily.

3. Vitamins I take
a.biotin (2000 mg)
b. multi vitamin
c. silica (880 mg)
d. flaxseed (2 x 1200mg)

4. I will add
a. L-cysteine (500mg)
b. Vitamin c (1500 mg)
c. B-complex

I really wanted to drop the silica and pick up msm. Do you think this is too much? I will have to go pick up the L- cysteine but I will have it by next week.

I'm egg-cited about this challege :grin:

I took viviscal and it is actually one of the only supplements that improved my hair growth I recieved an inch a month. But what I noticed is after the second month I would ony get 1/2 inch the effects wore off just like with all supplements. At first my results were immediate. You only need to take 500 mg of cysteine 2 times a day for growth results at least 8 to 10 hours apart. I took the cysteine about 2 years ago and my hair was growing 1/2 inch a week but I had to stop because it started to making me abnormally dehydrated. You should not take single amino acids no longer then 4 weeks at a time then try and take a 4 week break.

Found this.

Found this.
Yeah thats why we have to increase our protein intake with whole protein by Eggs or Supplement or both for the l-cystein to work best it needs the other amino acids to go with it. So for me I will be doing both, eggs, and supplement. Thank you for sharing that! :yep:

I took my vitamin and I ate my 2 eggs today...
:clap: your off to a good start , a head start even :grin:

Hi Iris!!

You can add me to this challenge. I was just reading about L-Cysteine last week while looking for ways to thicken up my ultra thin, fine hair.

So here is my plan of action..

1. I will start off with the egg and olive oil treatment weekly, con-wash and then deep condition under a dryer for 30 minutes.

2. Since I love eggs this should be easy. I usually only eat egg whites but to maximize the benefits I'll eat the whole egg. I will eat two eggs (scrambled, in an omelet, boiled or with tuna) daily.

3. Vitamins I take
a.biotin (2000 mg)
b. multi vitamin
c. silica (880 mg)
d. flaxseed (2 x 1200mg)

4. I will add
a. L-cysteine (500mg)
b. Vitamin c (1500 mg)
c. B-complex

I really wanted to drop the silica and pick up msm. Do you think this is too much? I will have to go pick up the L- cysteine but I will have it by next week.

I'm egg-cited about this challege :grin:

hehe@ Egg-cited , that was too cute! Your plan of action sounds complete and like your ready to go, for now I think you should hold off on the MSM as this will also give you sulfur as well as whole protein, or you could still add it just start out in small amounts as you go

Iris, you are awesome! I use egg whites as a protein deep condish. I think I'll give this challenge a try since my hair and raw eggs are old friends! Nice to see you around!
Glad to see your in! :clap: are you going to be adding l-cysteine supplementation as well?

We are doing this by coming at from three angles
1 topically- hair treatments with eggs -giving it a healthy dose of whole protein and l-cysteine
2. Diet, increased and regular whole protein intake by way of eggs, and/or supplementation with a whole protein supplement
3 Supplement , by taking 500mg of L-Cysteine, along with the other vitamins it needs for maximum benefit, vitamin C and B complex.

any of you can do this any way you choose,but I think covering all three bases will give the maximum result! :yep:

I love boiled eggs and this is a great excuse to eat them everyday, but don't "they" say that you shouldn't have too many yolks per week? Anyone?

I love boiled eggs and this is a great excuse to eat them everyday, but don't "they" say that you shouldn't have too many yolks per week? Anyone?

Supergirl I have never heard it , I can eat the whole egg with no problems but many are just eating the white, they said thats where the protein is in the egg anyway. You could do that some of the time if you like -maybe others will chime in with more info

I plan to eat the whole egg-so I hope it will be ok too

Supergirl I have never heard it , I can eat the whole egg with no problems but many are just eating the white, they said thats where the protein is in the egg anyway. You could do that some of the time if you like -maybe others will chime in with more info

I plan to eat the whole egg-so I hope it will be ok too

A boiled egg just isn't as delicious without its yolk. :lick:

The yolk of the egg is high in cholesterol, and eating the whites are your best bet. I prefer to eat the whole egg scrambled anyway. i ue to eat eggs every other day bu my tast for eat wasnt the same. im going to use som on my hair though.

What's a really good multi vitamin to take? and wont get stuck in my throat??

The yolk of the egg is high in cholesterol, and eating the whites are your best bet. I prefer to eat the whole egg scrambled anyway. i ue to eat eggs every other day bu my tast for eat wasnt the same. im going to use som on my hair though.

Yep to the bolded part. But I also thought that *they* have now concluded that the cholesterol in eggs are actually the GOOD ones and no need to avoid.

I remember for a minute there *they* were saying anyone with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolks, but now have revised that maybe egg yolks might actually help bring down high cholesteral because the good cholesterol can counteract the bad stuff in the body. IDK.

It's like now butter is better than margarine. *sign* And we have learned that some fats are actually good and eating them can help you balance or even reduce your weght (omega fatty acids) when back in the day "all oils/fats" were bad. And now also got to worry about whether its transfatty, unsaturated, saturated, fatty . . . *sign*

Sorry for going totally OT!

Yep to the bolded part. But I also thought that *they* have now concluded that the cholesterol in eggs are actually the GOOD ones and no need to avoid.

I remember for a minute there *they* were saying anyone with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolks, but now have revised that maybe egg yolks might actually help bring down high cholesteral because the good cholesterol can counteract the bad stuff in the body. IDK.

It's like now butter is better than margarine. *sign* And we have learned that some fats are actually good and eating them can help you balance or even reduce your weght (omega fatty acids) when back in the day "all oils/fats" were bad. And now also got to worry about whether its transfatty, unsaturated, saturated, fatty . . . *sign*

Sorry for going totally OT!
No! Thank you! because from my understanding your totally right!

btw I used Organix Coconut and it has Egg White Protein , so I guess that was my start! will eat 2 boiled eggs today! and I'm ordering the L-cystein today too and some other stuff!

Well Neroli already cleared up the myth about cholesterol , I guess the myth dies hard! Eggs are also one of the only foods you can eat, offering you 'whole' protein

you could take liquid! that would be the surest bet regarding your concern

Okay. Did my first egg treatment today and my hair is feeling GREAT. I needed to clarify so here is what I did.

1. massage scalp with emu + rosemary oil this morning then put in bun while doing errands

2. nexxus aloe rid 'poo once

3. nexxus therapee 'poo once

4. one whole egg beaten into 1/2 cup mayonaise and apply to hair, cover with plastic and leave on 10 minutes -- rinse thoroughly

5. nexxus humectress + honey + olive oil + hyaluronic + glycerin, mix well and apply to hair, cover with plastic, then towel over plastic and leave on 1 hour -- rinse thoroughly

6. apply leave-ins, oil, serum and hang loose to air dry -- my hair is off the hook -- feels strong and soft! Thanks for challenge Iris . . .

I don't "program" my protein, just use more or less or none, depending on how hair feels but normally gotta do a deep protein condish like this about once a month. I plan to do an ayurvedic co-wash next week . . .

Oh, ummmm, haven't eaten any eggs since took the challenge -- just can't seem to get at one -- but will have some for breakfast tomorrow . . .

Okay. Did my first egg treatment today and my hair is feeling GREAT. I needed to clarify so here is what I did.

1. massage scalp with emu + rosemary oil this morning then put in bun while doing errands

2. nexxus aloe rid 'poo once

3. nexxus therapee 'poo once

4. one whole egg beaten into 1/2 cup mayonaise and apply to hair, cover with plastic and leave on 10 minutes -- rinse thoroughly

5. nexxus humectress + honey + olive oil + hyaluronic + glycerin, mix well and apply to hair, cover with plastic, then towel over plastic and leave on 1 hour -- rinse thoroughly

6. apply leave-ins, oil, serum and hang loose to air dry -- my hair is off the hook -- feels strong and soft! Thanks for challenge Iris . . .

I don't "program" my protein, just use more or less or none, depending on how hair feels but normally gotta do a deep protein condish like this about once a month. I plan to do an ayurvedic co-wash next week . . .

Oh, ummmm, haven't eaten any eggs since took the challenge -- just can't seem to get at one -- but will have some for breakfast tomorrow . . .
Cool your off to a good start! Better than me even! I have the eggs just need to eat the eggs and put them on my hair (well the Organix was a good substitute for now). I wil eat 2 boiled eggs before bed , I do love them anyway. placing my order for the l-cysteine and amino acids tonight too :yep: should have it in the next several days, and its on and poppin! I'm wondering if this could take me past where Ive been forever now! Will be cool to find out.

your welcome girl, this is totally effective, safe and will pay off!

This morning, my egg hair still feeling strong and soft and I'm leaving it in the loose I slept in and off to breakfast, I smell eggs cooking out there. . .

This morning, my egg hair still feeling strong and soft and I'm leaving it in the loose I slept in and off to breakfast, I smell eggs cooking out there. . .

Hehe, Neroli! I'm all over it too! I'm bout to get my two eggs as well! welp we well be having some 'eggstra' thick growing hair real soon! :lol:

My hair is feeling wonderful from that egg white protein in the Coconut Conditioner too :yep:

I feel really good about this Challenge for me and others that join! I know its going to be effective and its safe too! and finally I found something I can do safely , without worry, to try to boost my growth ,Ive been wanting to do something like this!

I'm keeping the commitment and look forward to the pay off! I'm glad your with me Neroli! lots of ladies are doing this on my hair group! when this is completed I'm going to include their progress here too (with their permission). I'm happy to see the ladies that are jumping on this! This is going to be a good thing! I'm glad I decided to do this and dang I'm just really looking forward to the results! :yep:

how are you other ladies doing getting started on this?

Last edited:
Hehe, Neroli! I'm all over it too! I'm bout to get my two eggs as well! welp we well be having some 'eggstra' thick growing hair real soon! :lol:

My hair is feeling wonderful from that egg white protein in the Coconut Conditioner too :yep:

I feel really good about this Challenge for me and others that join! I know its going to be effective and its safe too! and finally I found something I can do safely , without worry, to try to boost my growth ,Ive been wanting to do something like this!

I'm keeping the commitment and look forward to the pay off! I'm glad your with me Neroli! lots of ladies are doing this on my hair group! when this is completed I'm going to include their progress here too (with their permission). I'm happy to see the ladies that are jumping on this! This is going to be a good thing! I'm glad I decided to do this and dang I'm just really looking forward to the results! :yep:

how are you other ladies doing getting started on this?

Yep, especially to bolded. I like simple, inexpensive and easy to stick with and this one is it. I like that we can do both internal nutrition boost (love eating me some eggs anyhow!) AND external treatments for little or nothing . . .

Also, I've gotten waaay too lazy about my hair and this challenge is motivating me -- like, I hadn't done a good pre 'poo massage recenntly -- usually just do it kinda blah blah and move on, :yawn: but yesterday, in anticipation of my eggstravagent treatement, I actually added the rosemary to the emu and spend some quality time massaging with head upside down -- now, I haven't had energy to do all that in, well, months. . .

Sooooo, this has *stimulated* my interest in my hair again -- pun intended! :lachen:

Last edited:
Yep, especially to bolded. I like simple, inexpensive and easy to stick with and this one is it. I like that we can do both internal nutrition boost (love eating me some eggs anyhow!) AND external treatments for little or nothing . . .

Also, I've gotten waaay too lazy about my hair and this challenge is motivating me -- like, I hadn't done a good pre 'poo massage recenntly -- usually just do it kinda blah blah and move on, :yawn: but yesterday, in anticipation of my eggstravagent treatement, I actually added the rosemary to the emu and spend some quality time massaging with head upside down -- now, I haven't had energy to do all that in, well, months. . .

Sooooo, this has *stimulated* my interest in my hair again -- pun intended! :lachen:
It is really motivating me too! And I so lack in motivation cocerning my hair and have for a long time now! for shame! I just ate three eggs and my daughter did too! Girl, In two -three months we will have some extra thick, strong, noticable hair growth :clap:

I also have some NAC here and found out its pretty much the same. I might just start taking it instead of waiting on my order of l-cysteine! I'm also going to take a whole protein amino acid supplement. I'm coming at this from every angle! :yep:

i took my vitamin and had my eggs!!

:clap:

go danigurl!

anybody take their before pics? I have recent ones, so I dont really need to, but if you dont , consider taking one so we can really see what this does!

stay consistent ladies! if you need to check in here to get some motivation from some of us please do so!

1. Where is everyone getting the L-Cysteine from? Are you going to take the 500 mg amount?

2. I don't understand the other supplements that have to be taken as well. If I take 250mg of L-Cysteine, I take three times as much vitamin C? And a quarter of the B complex? I guess I'm trying to understand the ration in which it's most effective.

Thank you!!

I also want to add that I want to do this challenge but I have a weave in!! I'm taking it out at the end of the month so maybe I can do the egg treatments then.

1. Where is everyone getting the L-Cysteine from? Are you going to take the 500 mg amount?

2. I don't understand the other supplements that have to be taken as well. If I take 250mg of L-Cysteine, I take three times as much vitamin C? And a quarter of the B complex? I guess I'm trying to understand the ration in which it's most effective.

Thank you!!

I also want to add that I want to do this challenge but I have a weave in!! I'm taking it out at the end of the month so maybe I can do the egg treatments then.

I will be getting mine from online, I usually order from vitaminlife.com or puritanspride.com I meant to do it yesterday but never got to it, I have to place an order for other things as well though. But I am sure this wouldnt be hard to find in a vitamin/health food store either!

as far as the other vitamins the should be taken , the reason is its been said that this is what will give you 'optimal' benefit of the l-cysteine. Just like many vitamins/minerals work together this is the case with l-cysteine. Its said that 2 1/2 times the amount of Vitamin C is best, I just rounded that up to 3x's. Its said the B6 is needed for optimal benefit, well I know that all the B vitamins work together so I suggest a B complex so that your getting them all as B6 needs the other B's as well. I suggested Balanced B 50 or 100 because the B's are always best taken in the Balanced formulas. Also taking just one Amino Acid alone, would not work when you need the other Amino's to go with it, thus upping your 'whole protein' in your diet (eggs provide that plus its a good source of l-cysteine) also possibly adding a whole protein supplement is suggested for people who would want even more whole protein if its not prevalent in their diet. Thus all of this working together giving the l-cysteine the environment it needs to work best in.

I wont be taking l-cysteine at 500mg right away, I will be starting at a lower amount as I suggested for anyone taking this the first time , as is the case for me, just to be safe and to see how you react to it first. although it should be fine, its best to try anything new this way.

you can start with the rest of the challenge and then do the egg treatments when you take the weave just like you said, that will be fine, and in the meantime you will still be getting the other benefits.

welcome to the challenge and any more questions you might have, just ask, hope this helped clear it up for you some!

enjoy the challenge and all the benefits to come!

Back