Great Lengths 2009 6 Month Challenge

missnurselady

Checking in
So far so good, although this week is not looking too good. I have a stomach virus so I dont know how much exercise I will be able to do but I am dcing right now hope to wash it out tonight....if not in the morning for sure. I plan on doing a sew in next week. im currently 8wks post. oh yea I gotta touch up my roots with my Bigen cause I look crazy

ddean

I've been going to the gym 3 times per week. I do one hour strength training on Mon & Wed in addition to 30 min of cardio. I do a one hour step aerobics class on Sat. I try to do 30 min on my treadmill on the days I dont go to the gym.

So far so good with my hair regimen. I relaxed on Christmas day and haven't used any direct heat. I DC/'cowash/bun on Wed and wash/DC/rollerset on Sat or Sun. Moisturize everyday and pincurl at night. I had a setback over the last few months (too much heat and manipulation) so hopefully this new regimen will get me back on track. I alternate my products, using UBH, Design Essentials or Humecto Deep Conditioners. Moisturize with UBH Dew or NTM. For oil I use castor oil and WGHO.

mrsmercery

I know that it's late but I'm in! I have been following the hair regimen, I will start with the water and workouts today. This is perfect, I can grow my hair and get in shape. I'm an "involuntary" stay at home mom now and I need to be occupied while my family is out and about during the day.

bermudabeauty

sounds like a good challenge. But sorry I can't stretch relaxers that long. When my hair starts shedding got to relax. But you girls go and do the dang thang!

LivingDol1

how does one avoid combing their hair after a roller set? i never wear my hair in the curls b/c i just don't like how it looks on my head. so i comb it out. and then throughout the day it frizzes and separates and it's just a mess! so i have to comb it to "fix" it.

maybe i'll just wear my hair up more often. it is protective after all...

bermudabeauty

I'm down except......I have to relax as needed. If my hair starts to shed...I got to put in my creamy crack.:grin: Other than that I'm game. Here are my starting pics well I just cut about 4inches my hair yesterday so this is where I am. 16.jpg

lunabelle

I'm late, but still would like to join. This will be awesome and it's very necessary since I've been abusing heat A LOT! June 30th is my Birthday so full BSL will be the best present ever!

MissMusic

You ladies just made it in. As of February 1 the challenge is now closed to new members.

WELCOME LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I'm loving this challenge as usual! My next retouch will be at the beginning of July so I expect a good surprise then! So that's twenty weeks then from today...don't know what length I'll be but I'll be closer to WL:drunk:

MissMusic

Sorry ladies but the join date has passed. However that doesn't mean that you can't do your own personal great lengths challenge. Keep us updated on your progress with this challenge!

MissMusic

I'm loving this challenge as usual! My next retouch will be at the beginning of July so I expect a good surprise then! So that's twenty weeks then from today...don't know what length I'll be but I'll be closer to WL:drunk:

Yay!!!! I'm also shooting for the end of this challenge as my next retouch. I didn't really think of it as 20weeks from today, wow, now that sounds like a lot, lol!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Yay!!!! I'm also shooting for the end of this challenge as my next retouch. I didn't really think of it as 20weeks from today, wow, now that sounds like a lot, lol!

Great! Well we can help each other out then because it does sound like a lot. We can keep each other motivated because I'm sure there will be challenging days.