Getting the Brazilian Keratin Treatment Tomorrow!!!

SouthernTease

I am getting the BKT tomorrow morning. Super anxious and excited. I'll be twitter texting --twexting from the salon tomorrow and of course posting pics on maneandchic.com/facebook/fotki when it's all over.

I am natural and I'm hoping this will show other women another option to relaxing. I have done extensive research and I will be documenting the whole process via my blog/fotki/facebook. I look forward to sharing the experience with you!

Last edited:

Casarela

keep us posted!! Hopefully that will be the cure for single strand knots!!!!!!!!!! If thats the case ill probably take the darn plunge although Im kinda scared!!

Tybi

Oooh please post lots of pics here! I love your hair!

I want to get it done too but am still a little scared. I know it wears off after a few months, but do you think it might permanently straighten the hair the way heat damage can or should it all bounce back?

SouthernTease

Oooh please post lots of pics here! I love your hair!

I want to get it done too but am still a little scared. I know it wears off after a few months, but do you think it might permanently straighten the hair the way heat damage can or should it all bounce back?

No I don't think it's anything like heat damage/training. It just wears off. It's a conditioner so it leaves your hair in better condition than it was before. I don't plan to use heat to maintain it. I plan on doing curlformer sets and silk wraps to keep it straight --no flat ironing. I am hoping at the very least it gets rid of the frizz. If it does that then I'm sold.

Subscribing!! I love your blog and I know you look for low-chem/no-chem options. Can't wait to see your results, I'll bet it will be gorgeous!

AtlantaJJ

I'm so excited for you!!

I'm hoping the BKT can help me be a (sweaty) workout warrior with manageable near natural hair!!:kiss3:

msa

Can't wait to see the pics!

I've been asking others this and getting different responses, but, do you still consider yourself natural?

secretrose

I've been asking others this and getting different responses, but, do you still consider yourself natural?

i visited the webpage of the specific BKT treatment she was talking about, SunPure Straight and it is formaldehyde free. Not sure what other chemicals are in it though.:ohwell:

AtlantaJJ

Well I would call it "near natural" because it wears off with time. There is nothing to grow out supposedly with the BKT. You just go back to your natural state with time.

vkb247

All of the non formaldehyde BKTs that I have seen have ether instead. Is that really a safer chemical? I haven't seen any information about whether or not it is. Sounds just as scary to me.

girlyprincess23

Is there any sharing going on like girls on the board going half on a bottle becauese this stuff is expensive and I am scared of getting a watered down version off of ebay!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I don't know if the liquid keratin thing is the same, but I'm looking forward to your pics. I am debating on doing the same. I wonder if this is less damaging than relaxing.:bookworm: I need more research on this, first.:rolleyes:

sheba1

Is there any sharing going on like girls on the board going half on a bottle becauese this stuff is expensive and I am scared of getting a watered down version off of ebay!

I'd share with you! I'm going to get a 16.9 ounce from Global for $150. I was giong to share with my growth buddy on here, but she's not going to be ready to purchase until January. I'm going to purchase end of next month. PM me if you're interested, ok?

Hope you enjoyed your experience Southerntease! I look forward to your results :)

Hey, MSA, I'll still be natural because the sulfur bonds of the hair are not broken down. Are naturals that color still natural? Doesn't really matter to me, either way, though. I just want to rock may hair straight with ease. And when I'm ready to go back to my curls, I want that option, too, without transitioning.

Some conditoners have sodium hydroxide in it to hold the ph to a certain place. It's a small amount, but if you're natural for years and use that conditioner once are you no longer natural? I ask the question, but I know my answer. Just trying to put bkt into perspective.

Last edited: