Getting my BC done tomorrow 9-2-2010

Nubenap22

Soooo Im like super nervous!!! Ive had my hair free of braid extensions and I've been playing with natural styles and realized when I want to style my hair as style and go with no heat I cant bc the stringy ends look a hot mess!! So I've given in and Im getting it washed, conditioned, and cut!!!

Its getting done at a local natural salon and shes only charging me 25 bucks which is great some places wanted to charge me 65:sad: negative....

tonight I plan on flat twisting but should i do anything like tonight besides just flat twisting and covering with my silk scarf?

Oh my hair history is last relaxer in May of 2009.....transitioned with braid extensions
air future: getting sew in within the next two weeks.....and for the rest of the winter!!

Hair last night:
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b465/nubenap22/Hair/IMG_0489.jpg
Naked Hair from last week:
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b465/nubenap22/Hair/IMG_0474.jpg
Flat Ironed hair from last month:http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b465/nubenap22/Hair/IMG_0449.jpg
Braidout on straightened hair from last month:
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b465/nubenap22/Hair/IMG_0450.jpg

Well congrats and good luck with your BC tomorrow!

Umm but why are you flat twisting? I know you want to avoid heat, but I would SERIOUSLY recommend flat ironing your hair if you're gonna get it cut.

I'm flat twisting bc i dont like to go to sleep with my hair everywhere...when i wake up it look uhh yea a mess....

Nope...just for tonight.....ahhh Im getting jitters!!! But it supposed to be healthy hair over length right???

Well congrats and good luck with your BC tomorrow!

Umm but why are you flat twisting? I know you want to avoid heat, but I would SERIOUSLY recommend flat ironing your hair if you're gonna get it cut.

I'm confused... why would she flat iron her hair before a BC? How would they be able to clearly see the demarcation line? Or why would she flat iron when it's going to get washed the very next day?

^^same thing i was thinking...but no what were going to do is wash...deep condition and then cut....(while conditioner is still in my hair) and maybe Ill go home and do the rest myself esp if she start trying to get me to do more....funds are low!!!

^^ I feel you completely. When I did mine, I drenched my hair in condish and went at it. To me, it seemed the best way to do it was while wet because I could easily see the line. Obviously it wasn't perfect and I keep my shears nearby when I find a missed piece here and there (they're usually only like 1/8" or so), but I think I did a pretty good job, and the feeling I felt when I was cutting it is nothing like I had ever felt before and was one of the most liberating moments of my life. If you get a chance to even cut a little bit, I suggest it just because of that feeling of freedom and taking charge of a new phase in your life!

yea i hope it will be more liberating instead wtf was i thinking.....but I know my hair is ready for it.....me sometimes im 50/50 sometimes im 95/5 on it but its getting done! I'll be taking pics and maybe I'll do shingling or flat twists to show y'all!

I think it was the best decision. I cut a lot sooner than I wanted to so I didn't have the length I envisioned when I chopped, but I quickly got over it. I have had a day or two when I was like "Wow... it's so short. Why didn't I wait?" (like when my shrinkage is in FULL effect :lachen:) BUT I do not regret it in the least and I easily get through my short days because I am just still so happy to be natural and to be done with always waiting to be natural.
Definitely post your pics! The ladies are really great at making you feel absolutely lovely with their positive comments.

I'm confused... why would she flat iron her hair before a BC? How would they be able to clearly see the demarcation line? Or why would she flat iron when it's going to get washed the very next day?

Well she could snip off the relaxed ends, flat iron then cut it evenly. That's personally how I would do it considering my hair doesn't grow evenly. But OP should definitely do what's best for her or makes more sense to her. I was just sharing my opinion

Thanks Eritre! But yea thats how it would be done best for me.....its more of a bc then evening it all out.....maybe spring i will get an actual cut to help it lay right or something.....but now its just bc with no excess heat

Oh, I thought you were saying she should flat iron her hair and then go to the salon just to get it re-washed, or that she should flat iron and then BC on straight hair. That's why I was confused.

Congrats on your upcoming BC! I am trying my best to last until 18 months. I too plan on BCing myself, and then following up at a salon a couple of months later.

Best of luck and please POST PICS!!!

OMG Ms. KCurly herself!!!:notworthy:notworthy

AND Janet I have been in awe with your hair for a min ma'am!!!:blush3: And your color is gaga!!!!

Only two more hours till I my appointment....I'm going to show up early and watch and If I like what I see then I will stay if not I will hightail it outta and apologize for waisting her time....but I don't think I will bc I know a lot of dreaded people who go here

Back