Gentle permanent hair color for relaxed hair??

goldensugar23

Hey ladies

I have streaked highlights in my hair that are healthy and strong.I currently have them colored a pretty intense red color that I have gotten from a rinse called adore.

However It lasts maybe 3 shampoos and I'm tired of putting it in all the time.Is there a gentle permanent color I can use on my highlights.

I use almost no heat in my hair(braid-outs)So i know as long as its formulated for relaxed hair I should be ok!

tia

i would love to use bigen but i'm looking for a color in a bright pretty red hue.Bigen only has browns...thank you anyway

any other suggestions ladies??

I and my cousin use Adore... she uses a redish tintand I use a cooperish color... It does the job, and is a reasonable price (~under 5)

I have light auburn streaks in my hair from March. I used Creme of Nature (the old one, not the new intense formulas). From my own experience and from coloring my mother's hair with them, the old formula was always very gentle. Some beauty supply stores still carry them.

Goldensugar,

A little off topic, but I love your braidouts in the updo hairstyle. How do you get your edges so straight/smooth. Also how do you make sure your hair doesn't have too much volume when you do your braidouts? Details please!!

goldensugar23 said:
i would love to use bigen but i'm looking for a color in a bright pretty red hue.Bigen only has browns...thank you anyway

any other suggestions ladies??
Actually, Bigen has reds too. I haven't colored my hair yet but I learned from the people at Bigen that the reds begin with Light Chestnut. The colors are grouped and coded numerically for black, brown, red and blonde.

From the posts here it looks like Bigen is gentle for relaxed hair.

A couple of years back I used Textures and Tones (permanent and gentle). I got that recommendation from Tracy (our LHCF hair color guru).

Try Hi Rez by Sheen Carson ( I think) They have some pretty intense reds.. I heard some bad things about Bigen and Relaxers used together...

Isis said:
Actually, Bigen has reds too. I haven't colored my hair yet but I learned from the people at Bigen that the reds begin with Light Chestnut. The colors are grouped and coded numerically for black, brown, red and blonde.

From the posts here it looks like Bigen is gentle for relaxed hair.

I agree with Isis...Bigen does come in shades of red...why don't you give that a try and see if you like it...I've never used their reds, but I did try their oriental black a few weeks ago...and I haven't experienced any problems so far...and I love the color.

A really gentle hair color I've used was by Affirm and has to be applied at a salon. I've colored my hair mulitple times with semi permanant afterwards and my hair's still in decent shape, not that I'd necesarilly recommend multiple colorings like that though! If you're going darker, wouldn't a semi work too...? Because I love meh Stargazer hair dye! Its a semi, but lasts a while, is concentrated, gives me a nice gloss, and comes in lots of funky colors. It's tricky to find though since its made in Britain. Those are my two favorite formula's though, HTHS.

Back