French Bouffant Roller Group Buy

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Ladies, is there any interest for a group buy of the blue 2" French Bouffant Rollers?

I've been blowing up our Sistah that resides in France about finding these rollers :look:

It would be less expensive to spread the shipping stateside out among multiple members.

There's 12 rollers per pack and would cost approximately $15.00 per pack. Possibly more depending on the tax that @Amarilles is charged. We'd PayPal her directly for payment of the rollers and shipping. Once, they're stateside I would ship them to you for the cost of shipping. I think those USPS flate rate boxes are about $6 to $8.

So far, it looks like shipping stateside would be about €45-€55. It would save us each $$, to divide that amount between us. Opposed to paying €40.00 shipping apiece.

:weird:@Amarilles!

Please let me know if you're interested. We need to strike why the iron is HOT. I think the rollers have been discontinued.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
This is what the French Bouffant Rollers look like. The wire is firm, so you'd have them for life. Due to the mesh your sets will dry quicker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-28-09-55-29.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-28-09-55-29.png
    918.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Screenshot_2016-01-28-09-54-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-28-09-54-36.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 400

Amarilles

The pricing so far is as follows: (check Dollars to euros conversion for more accuracy in pricing)

2 inch 12-Pack of Rollers: (as per the exchange rate today, Feb 2)

Each pack: $19.35 (17.76 €)
Minimum of 24: $18.87 (17.32 €)
Minimum of 48: $18.38 (16.87 €)
Minimum of 96: $17.90 (16.43 €)

Pins:
The pins are optional as according to other ladies the regular duckbill metal clips work just fine. However if you want the pins, the recommended size for the 2in rollers is the 3.5in pin. Simply add it to your order.
- 100 metal pins coated in plastic, 9cm (3.5 inches) for $20.39 (18.72 €)

Shipping:
Shipping is still up in the air as the total will be divided, it will depend on how many of us purchase rollers. There's three rounds of shipping:
Round #1. Vendor to me: Free

Round #2. Me (in France) to @MileHighDiva (in the US) - There's two options depending on how many roller packs we have to ship:
- The L (smaller) box: $50 (45 € for 11lbs and under)
- The bigger XL box: $60 (55 € for 15lbs tops)

Round #3. MileHigh to ship individually to ladies in the US:
There's again a few options depending on where the rollers fit. We're hoping that 2 packs can fit in the padded envelope but keep in mind that we're not yet sure.
- USPS Padded Flat Rate Envelope: $6.80 (fits maybe a pack or two?)
- Medium Flat Rate Box: $13.45 (fits maybe two or three packs?)
- Large Flat Rate Box: $18.75 (for larger orders)

• To estimate the roller/pin cost, simply add how many packs you're buying.
  • To estimate the shipping, consider that right now there's some 20 ladies stateside that want to order. If everyone comes through, shipping round #2 will be less than $3. To that you'll add shipping #3 and you'll have a fairly good idea of how much this order will run you.

Shipping Outside of the U.S:
I would use a box from the post office. They offer various sizes but all cost 1.50€, tax included, after which they'll charge by weight. (box options: http://www.laposte.fr/particulier/courriers-colis/conseils-pratiques/les-emballages-a-affranchir)

Below are the prices by weight/destination with the boxes above:
Int. pricing.png
  • To estimate, add 1.50 € + price according to order weight, or what you think the weight may be. Once your actual order arrives I will weigh it and can bill you an accurate price.

Ladies do mention how many packs/pins you'd want to get, if more than one please.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Can someone explain how these differ from the mesh rollers available in the US? These are better quality?

@toaster Can you please post a picture of the ones you are referring to? I want to visualize the differences between the two first. Have you had success with the ones you used? How much did they cost and how many came in the pack?

Help a sista decide! lol

toaster

@lulu97 oh I didn't mean to get you too excited! I've never used mesh rollers (only the plastic mesh rollers).

I went on Amazon and saw that Diane and Annie make mesh rollers as well. The mesh appears to be looser than these French rollers and the reviews suggest they are flimsy and can bend out of shape.

toaster

@MileHighDiva is it possible to get some in a smaller size? Or does the group purchase o my contain the 2 inch rollers? I know I have enough length for 2 inch rollers but I can't figure out how to fit rollers of that size on my head.

I guess if only 2 inch is available I would figure it out.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@MileHighDiva is it possible to get some in a smaller size? Or does the group purchase o my contain the 2 inch rollers? I know I have enough length for 2 inch rollers but I can't figure out how to fit rollers of that size on my head.

I guess if only 2 inch is available I would figure it out.
@Amarilles, did I read correctly that the 1 1/2" red rollers are not available? Or, did I misunderstand?

Amarilles

Indeed most sizes are out of stock. The only smaller size available is the half inch.

There's no group price on this one as I didn't ask for it, but I can call again tomorrow and see if they'll offer something similar if there's enough interest? Otherwise it's 7.20€ per pack of 12.

Edit: The 1/2" isn't available either. Sorry ladies!

Last edited:

tomnikids3

Can someone explain how these differ from the mesh rollers available in the US? These are better quality?
I have had mine for over 4 years and yes the quality is wayyyyyyy better than the ones in the USA. They still look like new the mesh is still in tact on all 12, the wire is strong and has not lost its shape. They are worth every penny. Im tempted to get more just to have but the ones i have are still in excellent shape so i really wouldn't need them.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@meka72
You're right the availability is limited, regarding the sizes because they're no longer being made.

I hope you feel better!

Last edited:

sunkissedbronze

Yes!!!! @MileHighDiva!!! Thank you so much I would like 2 or 3 packs , How many come in a pack? If asked and answered already my apologies and how much do I owe just let me know and I will paypal, monogram, or whatever. Thank you !!

PinkDiamond

I would like 3 packs of the 2 inch roller. Just tell me what the final cost is in US dollars and where to send the PayPal money to.

Please add 1 pack of the 100 count 3.5 inch pins to my order.

Last edited: