Found the solution to my scalp itching

zailless

For the past couple of months it felt as if my scalp changed. It used to itch so badly that I had to avoid putting conditioner and moisturizers on my scalp. Or find some way to apply the moisturizer without touching my scalp. Today, i picked up a bottle of nizoral and ran home to wash my scalp, it was itching so badly that i just wanted to tear out the cornrows and dig. my scalp calmed down immediately. I left it on for 5 minutes. I was afraid to put the conditioner in my hair afterwards. I use mane and tail mixed with glycerine. the conditioner made it itchy a bit but it stopped after rinsing it out thoroughly. I had to stop using all other products like surge and organic root stimulator aloe shampoo. Does anyone know what is in hair products that can cause the scalp to itch?

I don't know the answer to your question but..., maybe you should start cleansing your scalp every 4-6 weeks. That has helped tremendously with my itchy scalp. ORS has a scalp cleansing product that is very good.

my stylist coated my hair w/ sea breeze then washes w/ paul mitchell tea tree.............I could immediately tell the difference!

Could you be allergic to lanolin? That ingredient in hair products causes me to itch REALLY bad so I avoid it at all costs. If you have in extensions, it could be the hair too -- diffrent brands make me itch. I try not to get cornrows down on my scalp because I never know which brand the shop is using. Individuals work better since it doesn't touch my scalp.

Back