Flat Ironing Question

angeleyez09

I know that you should not use straight oil on your hair and then flat iron it because it will fry your hair. But heat protectants have silicone and so I like to moisturize before I put on the heat protectant. I use the Silk Elements Silken Child Creme which has coconut oil, olive oil, peanut oil, and castor oil mixed in. I have the full ingredients below. So would I still be burning my hair if I put the moisturizer in and then put the heat protectant over it? And on a side note, I just noticed it has two types of parabens which I heard were bad in general. Is that true?

Silk Elements Silken Child Silk Moisturizing Creme Ingredients:

WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL ,CYCLOMETHICONE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) OIL UNSAPONIFIABLE ,CETYL ESTERS ,ARACHIS HYPOGAEA (PEANUT) OIL ,SORBITOL ,RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL ,PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ,POLYACRYLAMIDE ,C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE ,METHYLPARABEN ,PROPYLPARABEN ,FRAGRANCE ,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) ,SILK AMINO ACIDS ,LAURETH-7

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Yeah it's fine to use the moisturizer and then heat pro.

Parabens are supposedly bad for our general health but I don't know a lot about them. I really don't worry about them in my products.

ajoyfuljoy

I don't see a problem with it. How often are you flat ironing your hair? Is this directly after a fresh wash and dry? If so, definitely shouldn't be a problem.

Remember, go light on the products. You don't want your hair to be greasy :)