Fine 4s Got Some Questions For Ya

Your hair is truly an inspiration. I have fine 4 hair as well. I am currently shoulder length. I have a question. How often do you use heat? How do you blow dry? Has it helped you with your journey with knots. I haven't used any heat in a year, but I'm starting to think about it. Do you PS and if so what is the best protective style you use? Also do you have a fotki or an online photo album? TIA

Your hair is truly an inspiration. I have fine 4 hair as well. I am currently shoulder length. I have a question. How often do you use heat? How do you blow dry? Has it helped you with your journey with knots. I haven't used any heat in a year, but I'm starting to think about it. Do you PS and if so what is the best protective style you use? Also do you have a fotki or an online photo album? TIA

Hey lady,

I sent you a PM.
I'll respond briefly for the others to see...

How often do you use heat?
I used heat for the first time in 2009 and then 8 months later in Feb. 2010.
How do you blow dry?
I've never blowdried my hair myself. My stylist uses a paddle brush to straighten on low heat.
Has it helped you with your journey with knots.
I've always had knots but they got a lot worse starting from 2009 when I hit MBL. I'm learning to accept them.
Do you PS and if so what is the best protective style you use?
I braid (medium box braid), twist (small to medium), flat twist and a couple of time a year bun my hair. On special occasions, I do an 'out' style.
Also do you have a fotki or an online photo album?
My Fotki is still under construction. I'll update you later on when I'm open for business.
And i wanna know how long she's been natural for?
My last perm touch up was in eith 1994 or 1995 I can't remember exactly.
My last perm was cut out in 97?
I starting caring for my hair in 2006-2007. My before pic is my avatar.

HTH!

How long have you been natural? A little under....holy cow, four years, now. I need to update my siggy!

How often do you use heat? I haven't used it at all for over 10 years.

How do you blow dry? I don't, I always air-dry my hair in braids.

Has it helped you with your journey with knots? Heat, you mean? No, I keep my hair in a 'stretched' state almost 24/7, so I don't have many knots, at all. If I start wearing 'out' styles that let my hair shrink, I've got problems. :yep:

Do you PS and if so what is the best protective style you use?
My favorite right now is a half-updo - the front half of my hair is in two flat twists, and the back half is in two strand twists that are tucked kinda like a gibson bun. :yep:

Also do you have a fotki or an online photo album? I have a skimpy album on here. :yep:

Back