FHI T-REX clips or SBS Croc clips

naturalmanenyc

Anyone using the FHI T-rex clips? or SBS Croc clips (Color Trak)? or Salon Care Croco Clips? or Metropolis Crane Clips? or Silque Croc Jaws Hair Clip?

Are they really any different that traditional hair clips?

31ErPL8Ph0L._AA280_.jpg

SBS-702122

SBS-292422

8224-A8751_l.jpg

sleekhair_2083_136291105

Last edited:
I have never used those but I hear/see that they dont let the hair slip like regular duck clips because of the flexible upper part and the grips

I have the FHI T-rex ones and I LOVE LOVE LOVE...did I Say LOVE them!
They don't snag, they are very secure and they hold alot of hair or a little hair, they work really well. You could even hold a pony tail with them.
I even use them for parting.
I would recommend them.

I have the FHI T-rex ones and I LOVE LOVE LOVE...did I Say LOVE them!
They don't snag, they are very secure and they hold alot of hair or a little hair, they work really well. You could even hold a pony tail with them.
I even use them for parting.
I would recommend them.

I was gonna edit my post and say '' oh im good with my cheap duck clips.. I dont think they're worth it ''

Now Im all like :perplexed........:look:........:yep:

:lol:

I was gonna edit my post and say '' oh im good with my cheap duck clips.. I dont think they're worth it ''

Now Im all like :perplexed........:look:........:yep:

:lol:
:grin: Girl you need them in your life. Believe your whole life will be 10x easier, well maybe not, just your hair styling life:lachen:

THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I broke my T Rex clips by accidentally stepping on them a little while back...and since I'm on a budget this month I ordered the less expensive Croc clips from SBS online yesterday.

They totally spoil you and anything else just won't do. :nono:

They don't cause damage, grip like nobody's business and hold onto tons of hair.

Can you tell that I'm a serious fan? :rolleyes:

THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I broke my T Rex clips by accidentally stepping on them a little while back...and since I'm on a budget this month I ordered the less expensive Croc clips from SBS online yesterday.

They totally spoil you and anything else just won't do. :nono:

They don't cause damage, grip like nobody's business and hold onto tons of hair.

Can you tell that I'm a serious fan? :rolleyes:
T rex fans unite:yep:

I use and absolutely :love: the T-Rex clips; I can’t recommend them highly enough. They are the very best clips that I have ever used; No snagging, damage or pulling of the hair, they are so gentle that it doesn’t even feel like there is anything in your hair. I’m often feeling around my head to find them :giggle:

Last edited:
Are these type of clips better than these 61052B.jpg and if so why? These are like a dollar.

Last edited:
I get the Hot tools brand ones from Ulta (about $3 or $4 for 3 of them) and they really are better than regular clips after I bought my first pack, I went back the next day to get two more.

I have the FHI and TS-2 T-Rex clips and I absolutely love them. Very sturdy and completely snag proof.

Are these type of clips better than these View attachment 53298 and if so why? These are like a dollar.

ooooh girl!:nono:

Those clips aren't even in the same league! That's like comparing a Uni-cycle to a Benz. :giggle:

look at the previous posts for the multitude of reasons why.

The clips you have above tend to rip at hair anyways so they aren't that great to begin with. I used to use them and when I started my HHJ metal hair clips like those were the first things I learned not to use. Even if you dont get the T Rex/Croc clips at the very least switch to plastic ones.

They are the best!!! My hair is very thick and I usually have hair slipping out of clips when I'm doing my hair or the pop off completely, but these hold the hair in place with no slip. They are worth the investment. I own both brands & they both work well.

Oh and don't waste your money on the metal ones. They don't hold a candle to the t-rex/croc ones. Plus they snag and catch the hair. I must say I've lost some strands before using those.

Last edited:
I brought some generic no name clips like these and they are the bomb!

Way better than any other clips, you can clip up an whole half head of hair with one clip. You can also use them to make nice parts wayyy easier than the regular duckbill clips.

These clips are a necessity.

I have these and love them. I have them in my hair now. They hold so much hair and do not snag. I bought 2 packs of two from Sally's.

So far I have seen them at Sallys (on-line & presumably in stores), Folica & Amazon.
Sally's has them too? Oh, I am so getting more....hold on, I don't think I need more, but I am glad Sally's has them, because if and when I feel that I need more, I can get them from there.:grin:

I have the FHI T-Rex clips and I adore them. The advantages is that it prevents tangles, snags and pulling. However, the disadvantage is that two broke easily.

What!!! $7.50 for 2 clips and they break easily. That is disappointing.:perplexed

I have the FHI T-Rex clips and I adore them. The advantages is that it prevents tangles, snags and pulling. However, the disadvantage is that two broke easily.

I have the "Hot Tools" brand of clips and the "Salon Care" ones from Sally's.
They are great!
When I twist my hair in a bun on top of my hair at night, I slide one of the bad boys through the bun and it secures it all night under my silk scarf.
Now I can't accomplish this the the regular ducks ones.

I own the FHI T-Rex clips and love them, I won't go back to the metal ones again. they are good when applying relaxer and holding my hair for whenever I need it held out of the way, easy to insert and remove. They are a little pricey but worth it. I got mine from the ebay, I purchased the FHI paddle brush and it came with 4 of the clips. I've had mine for almost a year now and use them constantly and none have broken on me so I guess I'm lucky.

Back