Favorite Clarifying Shampoo And How Often Do You Clarify??

My favorite is ION clarifying shampoo. It gets my hair squeaky clean... Anytime I use anything else my hair still feels soft like it has product on it. I know we shouldn't get our hair this clean every week but Once a month or every two months won't hurt... I love it! And I don't manipulate my hair afterwards I go straight to conditioner so as not to break my squeaky clean hair.

So far Ouidad Superfruit and ORS Creamy Aloe are my favorites. I didn't like Shea Moisture African Black Soap and right now I'm using Redkin Cleansing Cream. After that's gone I'm trying Ouidad Waterworks and then it'll be either that, the Superfruit, or the ORS.

ETA: I clarify about every 1-2 months.

My favorite is ION clarifying shampoo. It gets my hair squeaky clean... Anytime I use anything else my hair still feels soft like it has product on it. I know we shouldn't get our hair this clean every week but Once a month or every two months won't hurt... I love it! And I don't manipulate my hair afterwards I go straight to conditioner so as not to break my squeaky clean hair.
I'ma co-sign this right here. Nothing gets my hair as clean as the ION clarifyer.

I really love Phyto Phytoneutre. It works well and I like the smell.

I just started using Elucence Volumizing Shampoo which I like as well.

But, I think with all clarifying shampoos, since they are supposed to dissolve all kinds of product residue and also exfoliate your scalp, they ALL can have a tendency to be a bit drying. So, I've always planned to follow with a deep conditioner to which I've added oils to correct that. I've not had a problem as long as I pre-plan my entire routine for that day.

One more observation, most clarifying shampoos have slightly different directions on the bottle. The ones I've encountered require that you leave the product on the scalp for at last a minute or longer. Make sure you are checking the directions to get the most out of the product when you use it.

I really love Phyto Phytoneutre. It works well and I like the smell.

I just started using Elucence Volumizing Shampoo which I like as well.

But, I think with all clarifying shampoos, since they are supposed to dissolve all kinds of product residue and also exfoliate your scalp, they ALL can have a tendency to be a bit drying. So, I've always planned to follow with a deep conditioner to which I've added oils to correct that. I've not had a problem as long as I pre-plan my entire routine for that day.

One more observation, most clarifying shampoos have slightly different directions on the bottle. The ones I've encountered require that you leave the product on the scalp for at last a minute or longer. Make sure you are checking the directions to get the most out of the product when you use it.

I agree. I don't mind my clarfier being drying because I want my hair completely stripped so I can start with a clean slate.

Elucence Acidifying Shampoo - when I use(d) a Clarifying Shampoo.

I have Redken Cleansing Cream and possibly a few others, but I never use them.

As I Am Cleansing Pudding is the closest thing I would probably use for deeper cleansing.

I also use V05 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner on occasion.

No real set schedule. Whenever I feel my Hair needs it.

Last edited:
Redken Cleansing Cream seems to be pretty popular hmm maybe I should try this. I wonder if clarifying my fine hair twice a month instead of once a month would be too drying. I remember back in the day I use to clarify weekly and was like omg why is my hair so dry??! LOL

Elucence Acidifying Shampoo - when I use(d) a Clarifying Shampoo.

I have Redken Cleansing Cream and possibly a few others, but I never use them.

As I Am Cleansing Pudding is the closest thing I would probably use for deeper cleansing.

I also use V05 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner on occasion.

No real set schedule. Whenever I feel my Hair needs it.

I LOVE that As I Am Cleansing Pudding!

Why did you use the Acidifying Poo after Clarifying?

I LOVE that As I Am Cleansing Pudding!
Why did you use the Acidifying Poo after Clarifying?

@mzteaze

No, I was saying the Elucence Acidifying is a Clarifying, Chelating and Neutralizing Shampoo.

I was using it when I was relaxed after Relaxing. Basically, the only time(s) I ever use a Shampoo.

Yeah, Agreed. The As I Am Cleansing Pudding is Great for deeper cleansing.

It's funny how we all want/like different things. I HATED the jar since I don't stick my hands into any product like that. I was happy for the bottle.

@mzteaze

IKR? I always think when they switch from Jar to Bottle it somehow affects performance.:look:

Like I hated when Jessicurl Deep Treatment went from Jar to Bottle. (Although it still performs wonderfully) I hate the Bottle.:laugh:

Ditto to VO5 Kiwi Clarifying shampoo. It's less than $1 and I use it almost weekly to remove buildup from gel, etc.

I spend a lot of money on conditioners so I want my shampoos to be on the cheaper side.

Y'all were tawkin when you mentioned the VO5 shampoo... That stuff is so stripping to the hair that I would use it if I'm in a crunch and can't get the ION... And it's only 48 cents where I am. I just figured it's so cheap its probably really damaging to my hair so I don't buy it... But like I said, if ION runs out and the BSS is closed, VO5 is my go to... Scraw berrys -n-cream..lol

Back