Faster Drying

Hi all

I am a mostly a lurker here and I thank you all for you helpful tips concerning hair care.

It currently takes me at least 24 hours to air dry my hair in a ponytail bun. If I rollerset it takes me 3 or more hours sitting under the drying.

The products I use after conditioning usually include Surge with Oil on my scalp only, NTM leave in, and R&N setting lotion if rollersetting.

I am in desperate need of tips or products that will speed up the drying process.

Thanks

ETA, I am relaxed with almost bra-strap length hair, but I am not sure of my hair type.

Last edited:
What size rollers are you using when you roller set?

Maybe if you use larger rollers so that you hair isn't overlapped as much on the roller this may help. For example, now the I am using a larger roller it doesn't take my hair as long to dry when I was using one smaller than it.

You may not really have a method to speed up the drying process except maybe putting the dryer on high (which I believe ladies who have similar to your thickness and length do.)

I was also going to say larger rollers might help :) . 3+ hours is insanity. At one point, my best friend was nearly waist length with VERY thick hair, and she was only under for 2 and a half hours. Another thing is that you may be using too many products. A serum or a leave-in should be plenty. Your hair may not feel weighed down, but I am thinking about when I am in the Dominican salon...they usually only put in one product post rinsing. Another possibility may be to use a porosity control shampoo or conditioner. The porosity of your hair might be causing you to have to wait longer for your hair to dry completely. Finally, the poll on post-shampooing might be key--are you getting rid of the excess water in your hair prior to setting or bunning? I wring mine out by hand, but perhaps using your hands or a towel--if you are not already doing so--would help. I can't think of anything else...hope one of these helps :).

I've heard someone in the forum say that mesh rollers dry faster than the magnectic ones. I have never used them myself, but maybe this could help.:wave:

Back