Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

my ends were extra coily today. hair was really soft and springy :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

not too fond of raking, makes my shrinkage worse. but it was a nice change :)

what's this? a style! (sorta lol) I used to wear my hair half up half down a lot back in my relaxed days. I tried doing this a few months ago and it came out really weird because of how short my hair in the front is. The front still doesn't reach all the way to the back, but it's making progress!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the back
picture.php

I know this is really stupid, but I felt really proud of myself today :) Even if this took a kazillion bobby pins.

Man...I'm boring when it comes to styles. :(. I'm at wk 16 post relaxer so with the two textures, not much I can do but braid or bun. This is from today. Last night, I washed with shea moisture shampoo, did a black tea rinse, cond. with Aussie Moist and then airdried with Giovanni direct leave in, a bit of coconut/argan oil and scarf. After it was dry I also smoothed a tiny bit of Shescentit Seyani hair butter and re-scarfed.
picture.php

It was airdried in two braids in the back before I turned it into one braid so you can sort of still see the center part.
picture.php

what's this? a style! (sorta lol) I used to wear my hair half up half down a lot back in my relaxed days. I tried doing this a few months ago and it came out really weird because of how short my hair in the front is. The front still doesn't reach all the way to the back, but it's making progress!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the back
picture.php

I know this is really stupid, but I felt really proud of myself today :) Even if this took a kazillion bobby pins.

This is cute...how much shrinkage do you have? I'd like to do this, but my curls are so tight the shape never looks right.

I apologise in advance for this long-arse post. :rofl:

So.....I went to an exclusive beach party on Jamaica's North coast on Sunday night. It was da BOMB!!!!!! My friends and I had a ball! :grin:

So I decided to try my first twist-out EVER.

I went from this....
IMG_1116.jpg

To this...
IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

Partied the night away.....and my 'fro did her own thang, and just poofed with the humidity
IMG_1158.jpg

When I got home at 2 am I was totally feeling maself and ma fro....so I took MORE pics! :lachen:

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

Oh! and my friend who BCed earlier this yr from APL relaxed to shaved head...this was her funky do, I absolutely LOVED it!

IMG_1154.jpg

The next day was a public holiday...so I shampooed, Dced etc and this is my look for the week.
IMG_1189.jpg

bajandoc86 Were you in the florida keys today? I could have sworn I saw you in Publix! Maybe you have a twin!

Big sis braided my hair Friday night. Good protective style for the winter. Love it =)

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111023.JPG
    Snapshot_20111023.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 109
This is cute...how much shrinkage do you have? I'd like to do this, but my curls are so tight the shape never looks right.

@SelahOco Thank you! And that was a part of my problem before too, the shape would look all wonky because of how much shrinkage I get in the front. My hair was about 75-80% dry in those pics so it ended up shrinking only a little bit more once it was fully dry. I had used more styling gel than I normally do so that it wouldn't super shrink. Plus the parts of my hair that give me the most grief shrinkage-wise were the parts that were pinned back.

ETA: Oh and on average I have like 75% shrinkage in the front, 50% in the middle and sides (my crown is more like 10-20%) and like... 30-40% in the very back. So basically a funky looking mullet. Headbands are my friend :)

Last edited:
I got my hair braided yesterday (the usual rope twist with curly ends) :grin: It took 2 1/2 extra hours this time even though it was the same size and length, she kept saying 'Laawddd, it get THICK eeeehhhh' :yay:

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg
.............Close up to show how neat she did it. I am very pleased!

And this pic is just cause....:lachen:
IMG_1251.jpg

As usual her braiding is the bomb.com.

Itgirl

Hey girlie, it is twisted at the base straight to the ends. Sorry to hear about the bad braiding experiences u had. If I could ship her to u I would. My friend @ home gets her rope twist done by a J'can girl there. I will find out the details and PM you, if you'd like.

@Bublin

How do you keep your twistout looking so nice after a week? Do you retwist everynight?

shermaine_08
My hair is very curly but 'afro' (as opposed to coily/cottony) in it's natural state. Here is a pic.
05jul2011016.jpg

I am convinced this is why my hair keeps it's twist-out so well. When i set it after i wash i do about 12 twists with pillow satin rollers on the ends and of course undo when dry.
The first day it is extremely tight and i usually wear it in a up do. During the week i remoisturise with ORS Olive Oil Moisturiser and re-twist the hair line for definition and the rest is in four big twists and every night i place the satin rollers on the ends. By the end of the week my hair is how want it to look. I have gone 2 weeks and it looks more or less the same but i usually wash after a week as i have product build up. I don't do braid-outs as the results are way to tight for me. Hope this helps.

Back