Ever read the warning on Cantu?

QueenFee

Shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream?

Wait 24 hours after coloring to apply any styling or conditioning product...ummmkay

Avoid applying any styling or conditioning product directly to new growth...Ummkay

there were more but these two stood out to me, I usually read stuff b4 I buy it but I was in a rush...What about these ingredients makes it unsafe for NEW GROWTH? That is one of the main reasons I got this...Someone help if you can...Here are the ingredients.

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PEG 9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays (Corn)

Ingredients
Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydrantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum)

okay what really confuses me is that the directions say to work it from root to tip but the warning says not to put it on the new growth? Am i missing something?

Last edited:
I just saw this on mine after you mentioned it... LOL who wants dry NG?

Unless they meant prior to relaxing? Still, i can't see how it would slow down the process more than vaseline would when you base your scalp...

I just saw this on mine after you mentioned it... LOL who wants dry NG?

Unless they meant prior to relaxing? Still, i can't see how it would slow down the process more than vaseline would when you base your scalp...

I know right? I saw that mess after I put that mess on my braids lol ahhh what a world. We will see tomorrow.

Ah well, I like the leave in. Just can't use t more than a few times between washes as it builds up. Love the smell though.

Ah well, I like the leave in. Just can't use t more than a few times between washes as it builds up. Love the smell though.

Me too as soon as I put it on the bf goes...Ummmmmmm you smell NOYCEEE :grin:. Thanx for the heads up on the buildup lol. I was just looking for something to tame the front, I've been gel free and just have been wearing a part down the middle and tying it up at night and hoping I don't sweat too much during the day lol.

I don't color, but I have used this product to do twists on wet hair. I apply it to the hair shaft and comb through with my Denmen I don't put it directly on or near my scalp. I have never had a problem. DMDM Hydrantoin is the one ingredient I really don't like because you are not suppose to apply heat with it.

I read that before. I just dismissed it as a general warning for chemical applications, but not that particular product.

I always figured they put that so nobody would grease their scalp with it because like somebody said it does call build up and could clog your pores. Other than that I dont see another reasonable explanation.

i don't see it on the site anymore, but it's hazard rating was like a 7 or 8 ....out of 10

pretty sure kids organics was as well..... cosmetic database

eta: wish i could find it

Last edited:
I don't color, but I have used this product to do twists on wet hair. I apply it to the hair shaft and comb through with my Denmen I don't put it directly on or near my scalp. I have never had a problem. DMDM Hydrantoin is the one ingredient I really don't like because you are not suppose to apply heat with it.

Really? How come?

i don't see it on the site anymore, but it's hazard rating was like a 7 or 8 ....out of 10

pretty sure kids organics was as well..... cosmetic database

Wow! Just as I find a product that smells good, is light and moisturizes well, I'm going to die from it....:ohwell:
Sure, I'm exaggerating but jeez, I may have to find something else...

Last edited:
I thought it was to keep you from getting it on your scalp and clogging your pores? Also, I read somewhere that we actually don't need to condition our roots, because the hair is new and it's easier for sebum to reach it...I do it anyways though...

I'm allergic but yeah I read it. :look: When my scalp and face hurt from using that just once I gave it away fast and as far as I could throw it.

Back when I was relaxed I purchased some sort of Cantu moisturiser. Well I read the warning so I applied some of the product on my new growth on my nape area as I was doing a touch-up in the next few days. After the touch up I realised that the part where I applied the cream didn't get as straight as it normally would.

Ever since I thought that the warning was there because to a certain degree it blocks the chemical process.

Back when I was relaxed I purchased some sort of Cantu moisturiser. Well I read the warning so I applied some of the product on my new growth on my nape area as I was doing a touch-up in the next few days. After the touch up I realised that the part where I applied the cream didn't get as straight as it normally would.

Ever since I thought that the warning was there because to a certain degree it blocks the chemical process.

Thats understandable, since using this cream my waves and curls are more defined. It kinda makes my hair feel like it has a shell on it which I like...So far this stuff is alright.

I'm allergic but yeah I read it. :look: When my scalp and face hurt from using that just once I gave it away fast and as far as I could throw it.

OMG I'm so sorry that happened to you! Must have sucked, I would be freaking out if that happened to me.:blush:

Back