Emu Oil... How long to keep in my hair?

Hey all. I bought emu oil and just received it today! I put some in my shea butter deep conditioner and just wanted to know can I also use emu oil on my scalp as well as a moisterizer before the flat iron - till I wash my hair? I plan to wash 1x week so I hope it doesn't clog my pores... plus grow back my hairline and grow my hair faster.

i assume you can use it just like any other oil. i personally would never use oil to flat iron but i know wome on here do. im sure you can use it on your scalp as it is good for the skin and hair.

Ive purchased a bottle and used it on my scalp w/o rinsing it...it had a light creamy look...it didnt cause build up at all. I would wash my hair once a week at that time.

It's my belief that natural oils won't clog pores, BUT that may be only vegetable oils. :perplexed:

Emu oil is too expensive (to me) to use as a pre-poo or a DC. I use it for the scalp (mixed with a lot of other oils) and not on the hair (it smells :barf:) for its healing properties. I use it on my face, mix it with lotions, etc., it's good for the skin.

I wouldn't wash it out AT ALL! Emu is non-comedogenic, it absorbs through the epidermis deep into the skin layers. It's one of the best oils out there, and happens to be very expensive. Iuse it over my entire body, even on my face, daily, and I've never, NEVER had any breakouts or adverse reactions. People compliment me all the time on my skin and hair. This stuff is the TRUTH! I mix it with all of my hair concoctions like Mega-Tek, or mix it with some peppermint and give myself scalp massages. Emu is good for extending the growth phase of the hair follicles so that's why you would leave it in as well. HTH

ladies who've used emu,

did it cause new hairs to grow or grow in your hairlines? i'm thinking of getting this and i wanted to know how good it was...i'm trying to be cautious of products purchased...but if this works like it says, waking up dormant hair follicles, i'm all over that...

Please, Please share reggies and how long you guys have and/or still used it?

TIA!!!

i might add, those of you who've used it, your skin and hair looks amazing...that sells me right there!

Back