EKOMBA was not kidding! Silk Worm Conditioner is Great!

CurliDiva said:
Last night, I used ( for the first time) the Conditioner (with heat for 30 mins) and then applied the Rinse as a leave-in -- all I can say is WOW! :eek:

Ekomba was not JOKING! My natural hair is so soft - I've been touching it all day.

I need someone in New York to ship me that Gallon size:clap:

Isn't it the bomb!!!! I loooove praital. I don't even get caught up in trying different conditioners anymore. I can't believe how soft my hair is now. :grin:

I use it whenever I feel my hair needs moisturizing, which isn't as much as before. I mix it with water in a spray bottle to use as a leave-in after washing my hair. I use it as a rinse sometimes, and sometimes I just apply it straight to either dry or wet hair.

you ladies are really making me want to try this out. I might have to make a trip the the hair supply store tomorrow. I gave up on dominican conditioners before because all the stuffed that was raved abou tjust did not work for me. I am willing to give this one a try. And the price is good too.

Because of this thread, I just went on a 2 hour scavenger hunt in Langely Park/Takoma Park MD (the Latino capital of MD) with no luck!!! I want to try this sooooo bad but I REFUSE to pay $8 to get just 1 bottle shipped:nono:. I went to every bss in the area and NO ONE sells Dominican products...with all the damn Dominicans that live in the area, I just can't believe it. So I flirted my a$$ off to get the owner of one of the stores to place an order.:Blush2: I should have it in a week or 2, so hopefully I can come back and join this bandwagon :D

i've been using it.

i honesty can't tell if it's this that's making my hair soft, or everything else i use and do. however, it will be one of my staples going forward.

:)

I bought it last night. I will be trying it out tonight as a co-wash and will report back to let you know what I think.

I know this is an old thread, but I just have to testify about the deep conditioner. I love fact that it has coconut oil and is soooo moisturizing. If I never get another dominican conditioner, I will be happy. My hair is soo soft, and moisturized and I love the fact that it is being strenthened. Thank you Ekomba for helping me find a staple. I hate mineral oil, but I think I gotta try the rinse too.:grin:

deontaer said:
Because of this thread, I just went on a 2 hour scavenger hunt in Langely Park/Takoma Park MD (the Latino capital of MD) with no luck!!! I want to try this sooooo bad but I REFUSE to pay $8 to get just 1 bottle shipped:nono:. I went to every bss in the area and NO ONE sells Dominican products...with all the damn Dominicans that live in the area, I just can't believe it. So I flirted my a$$ off to get the owner of one of the stores to place an order.:Blush2: I should have it in a week or 2, so hopefully I can come back and join this bandwagon :D

Hey, neighbor! :wave: I live in Takoma Park. Go to Wheaton Mall and seek out the beauty supply store in the mall. They have Dominican products of all kind. In Langley Park, try the Beauty Depot on New Hampshire and University Blvd. It's in the shopping strip with the Safeway and Chevy Chase bank. There is a Starbucks as well. That beauty supply store sells Dominican products. Finally, in Hyattsville, there's another beauty supply store that sells Domican products. That's on Queens Chapel Road in the strip mall with the Auto Zone, dollar store and Chinese restaurant. In D.C. on Georgia Avenue, there is a HUGE BSS that has Dominican products of all kinds. It's on Georgia Ave. near two blocks down from Blair Road. In Silver Spring, there are TONS of Dominican beauty shops. That's hard to believe that you couldn't find any. Good luck! ;)

This is my staple product. I have it sitting in my hair right now for a cowash and it is the best conditioner ever. I need to consider getting it by the gallon. :lachen: I know I will have moisture, less tangles and no shedding...

And the rinse is great too!!!!

Ok, I ordered the Crema Humectante Gusano de Seda(Silk Worm) from Roundbrushhair.

That was the only thing I saw. I think that may be the rinse though. Does anyone know?

Evazhair said:
If I never get another dominican conditioner, I will be happy.

I've decided that I do not need to try another Dominican conditoner after using this one...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I've stated on many threads about how it just makes tangles fall out of my hair effortlessly....I don't even have to detangle with a comb (I do anyway)...just apply and immediately the hair is light and tangle free...I really can't explain it but it works so well. I am *supposed* to order the 56 oz very soon as I don't want to EVER run out of it.

Sigh... I can't get enough of it still. I'm an addict. It makes my hair waves pop back in place :( :( I really can't believe I have a chemical dependency to this stuff. I co-wash with it daily :( :( My store ran out of it and I panicked

I know that's right about the 56 oz. I keep remembering the places here who had it. I am trying to wait until next month to buy it, even though I have plenty. The 56 oz is CALLLLLING MEEEEE!!!!:lol:

Serenity_Peace said:
Hey, neighbor! :wave: I live in Takoma Park. Go to Wheaton Mall and seek out the beauty supply store in the mall. They have Dominican products of all kind. In Langley Park, try the Beauty Depot on New Hampshire and University Blvd. It's in the shopping strip with the Safeway and Chevy Chase bank. There is a Starbucks as well. That beauty supply store sells Dominican products. Finally, in Hyattsville, there's another beauty supply store that sells Domican products. That's on Queens Chapel Road in the strip mall with the Auto Zone, dollar store and Chinese restaurant. In D.C. on Georgia Avenue, there is a HUGE BSS that has Dominican products of all kinds. It's on Georgia Ave. near two blocks down from Blair Road. In Silver Spring, there are TONS of Dominican beauty shops. That's hard to believe that you couldn't find any. Good luck! ;)

I'm also in the "urrrea", thanks!!!!

EbonyPerez said:
i unfortunately got temporary moisture from it and it dries my hair out soooooooooooooooooooo bad i thought it would all just break off
but it was only 4 bucks so no waste there

Eep! How long were you using it?
Anyone one using this for a while, what are you long term experiences with it?

Me personally, i love my silk worm but after awhile my hair feels weird. Like kinda hard. When it first happened, I switch to La Bomba for awhile and my hair felt normal and also, I clarified. Hair felt normal and went back to silk worm and it felt WONDERFUL again. Going to alternate ever now and then so I do not get "weird" hair again...

I sat and read this entire thread and you ladies are hilarious! I'm going to give this product a shot. They are in the 3 buck range and that's not bad at all ;)

After reading this post I had to get the silk worm rinse and conditioner. The rinse really preps your hair and I added coconut milk to the conditoner. I am transitioning and detangling my hair has NEVER been easier. I just could NOT believe the result and I had tons of LESS hair that came out!!!! This is a God send...I dont think I EVER want to wash my hair without this wonderful goodness!!! Naturals--transitioners, this is for you!

neenee280 said:
Me personally, i love my silk worm but after awhile my hair feels weird. Like kinda hard. When it first happened, I switch to La Bomba for awhile and my hair felt normal and also, I clarified. Hair felt normal and went back to silk worm and it felt WONDERFUL again. Going to alternate ever now and then so I do not get "weird" hair again...

What is La Bomba?

Nefertiti0906 said:
What is La Bomba?

La Bomba is another dominican line of products. There is a thread of reviews for it. Its a moisture conditioner opposed to a protein conditioner. Do a search for the thread and check it out! I like it!

On sickbay no.. Praital Silk worm but there is a Henna Queen Silk worm Rinse & Capillo Silk worm Rinse...

Anyone know if these are comparable to Praital?

TIA

Back