Does Henna definitely coat the strand?

Austro-Afrikana

I am feeling so down about my fine hair and really want to try and thicken up my strands. I was going to try a semi permanent colour but then thought of henna because it is also meant to strengthen hair. I have ordered sone jamila and really hope it helps me.

So has henna made your hair feel or appear thicker?

Summer79

Hasn't really made my hair thicker, castor oil has helped with that. But henna has made my hair heavier, added weight to it, and added strength that was noticeable after the second use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Mrs. Verde

I am also trying to thicken my hair. I love red so, I thought I would try henna to thicken. I have henna'd 6 times this year. My hair does appear thicker. However, it is extraordinarily thicker. I do like how henna makes my hair feel, so I will keep doing it. Ask me this question in 6 months and I might have a different answer.

Summer79 - did you apply caster oil to your roots or to the entire length of your hair?

Summer79

I apply castor oil from the roots to the ends when my hair is wet or damp (after a cowash). Then I'll apply it to the ends the days I don't cowash. HTH

luckiestdestiny

Hasn't really made my hair thicker, castor oil has helped with that. But henna has made my hair heavier, added weight to it, and added strength that was noticeable after the second use.

your hair still looks brown...what's your mixture? Afraid of using henna for fear it'll be too red. Thanks a bunch.

Summer79

My hair is brown, you can only see red in natural light/sun, although my husband says different. I mix a box of henna, water or green tea, a little Amla oil and a little conditioner not to make a gloss just to smooth the mixture out a bit. I don't use henna for the color, just love the way my hair feels after I use it. I think alot of ladies add a little acid (lemon juice etc) to bring out the color.

Guitarhero

I'll post this is 2 different threads...but I bought a pack of Desi brand henna (it's BAQ) form the Turkish grocer and that stuff is red as hell! I dyed the soles of my feet (lends softness to callousy areas and soothes my feet as they're in boots all day) and that booger was red as a bright cherry within minutes. I'm doing the raven indigo now but I want to go back to red and thought I couldn't. I'mma try it. Desi releases the dye very easily and it's kinda slimy like the Yemeni one. Can;t find an image of it.

Nasdaq_Diva

I'll post this is 2 different threads...but I bought a pack of Desi brand henna (it's BAQ) form the Turkish grocer and that stuff is red as hell! I dyed the soles of my feet (lends softness to callousy areas and soothes my feet as they're in boots all day) and that booger was red as a bright cherry within minutes. I'm doing the raven indigo now but I want to go back to red and thought I couldn't. I'mma try it. Desi releases the dye very easily and it's kinda slimy like the Yemeni one. Can;t find an image of it.

Learn something new everyday :yep: Where did you learn about that from?

Your Cheeziness

We can trade hair because yours is gorgeous in your siggy!! Check out www.hennaforhair.com they explain the facts and science of henna really well.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
If it's your hair in the siggy, it looks really thick and luscious! I does appear thick, but I've heard that henna can make hair feel even thicker.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
If you're fine haired, its really dense because it looks so full in your siggy :yep: I've done about 10 henna treatments over the last 8 months or so and its definitely made my hair thicker :yep: On dark brown/black hair it gives a auburn cast, which is noticeable in the sunlight, and its permanent.