Does anyone still use Miss jessies (after the formula change)?

I have noticed that the Miss Jessie's curly pudding videos and threads have significantly decreased since they added Mineral oil.

I was just wondering if anyone still uses any of their products (particularly the pudding, buttercremes or meringue).
What product(s) do you use?
How do you use it? Pictures/Fotki link?

I think I want to try it for twist-outs.

No they are over priced!!!.....I used to even go to the salon....it's just too high of a price and there other things out there!!!!...much cheaper and just as good!!!

^^^^Co-signing on the above. I'd much rather use Qhemet or Afroveda or Hairveda or Shescentit or anything much better and cheaper and without ingredients I don't like in them. Miss Jessie's weighs my hair down something ferocious, and do you have any idea how HARD it is to weigh my hair down :nono:?!? It is not for me.

that stuff is sitting under my sink. I think i need to sell it. There are so many other products that perform better with better ingredients and much cheaper. BOO!

Really? My hair didnt like the Qhemet's. It like sat on top of it and never penetrated it.

Was the negative results due to the new formula or did it just not work for you ladies ever?

I hear that Miss jessie's is very good for twists and twist outs as I plan to do some twists when my hair is out of these braids

I was going to stop using CP after I finished up my last batch because I'm not paying $50 for some mineral oil... I also found better stuff too.

Then I met a dude who was turned on by the scent. But we broke up, so back to the original plan, lol

The BEST product I've found that is most like Curly Pudding is Boots Curling Creme. It's a British product though, so I use it only on super-special occassions. I stock up when I go over there or when I have friends going there.

^^^^Co-signing on the above. I'd much rather use Qhemet or Afroveda or Hairveda or Shescentit or anything much better and cheaper and without ingredients I don't like in them. Miss Jessie's weighs my hair down something ferocious, and do you have any idea how HARD it is to weigh my hair down :nono:?!? It is not for me.

^^^^ This comment has me wanting to try Miss Jessie's for the first time. My hair needs to be weighed down because I have a lot of it and it has a mind of its own. I like to product it into submission :lol:

The Buy 1 Get 1 Free Sale is on now but I don't think I will be able to spend any amount of money for mineral oil. :yuck:

I'm gonna check out Boot's ingredients...

^^^^ This comment has me wanting to try Miss Jessie's for the first time. My hair needs to be weighed down because I have a lot of it and it has a mind of its own. I like to product it into submission :lol:

The Buy 1 Get 1 Free Sale is on now but I don't think I will be able to spend any amount of money for mineral oil. :yuck:

Ditto.
That's exactly why I want to use it.
I think for twists and twists out, FOR MY HAIR, it looks better if it is a bit more laid down.
I need my hair to submit to me (Can you tell Im controlling?) lol

I am a 4a/b and for any product to weight it down, it needs to penetrate. Nothing ever seems to get past the penetrate part now days,

Your signature....
LOL!

I have noticed that the Miss Jessie's curly pudding videos and threads have significantly decreased since they added Mineral oil.

I was just wondering if anyone still uses any of their products (particularly the pudding, buttercremes or meringue).
What product(s) do you use?
How do you use it? Pictures/Fotki link?

I think I want to try it for twist-outs.

Don't have much input on the Topic at hand, but Your Siggy Hair is Adorable, Such a Cute style! :yep:

Timely thread OP. I still have half containers each of the original formula baby butter cream and curly meringue. Both products are in my staple rotation. Since both are getting low, I decided to at least try the new formulas before I completely run out of my original stash. I was in NYC last week and went to Ricky's and picked up the small 2 oz sizes of curly pudding, meringue and baby butter cream. I've used the curly pudding twice and to my surprise my hair came out nice. I do think the original curly pudding was more moisturizing and IMO that was because it did not have mineral oil.

Here's my theory or plan if you will for the "new" edition of MJ products. Once my stash of the orig formulas are done I will use the new stuff for when I NEED cute predictable hair. In my experience I can always count on Miss Jessie's products deliver great styled hair. The hair is ALWAYS cute and will last for a few days. I will use the products maybe once or twice a month. In the interim I will continue to use my natural products and continue my overnight conditioning treatments. I will also clarify or use a sulfate shampoo after using MJ products. That will keep away build up.

Thankfully I've never had any dryness issues with MJ products. I think that's because I have always used their products in conjunction with other high quality natural products. IMO that is the key to keeping hair healthy and moisturized.

For example I always seal my ends with an essential oil or unrefined shea butter or regardless of the styling product that I use. This includes Miss Jessies, Kinky Curly Custard, Donna Marie, etc.

SO...I said all that to say I suggest you get a few of the small sizes and try them out. The annual BOGO has just started so you have a couple of weeks to order and try it out. If it works you will have enough time to order the larger sizes at discount.

HTH

Last edited:
Back