Does anyone like getting their hair played with?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I hear so many hair horror stories of people getting their hair touched but i wouldnt mind someone playin in my hair.I've always felt that if someone wants to play in your hair that is like a high compliment(ie:it looks so good i HAVE to touch)
Is it just me?

ive even had my own stories ie weave checks and one time someone ripped some of my hair and said "HA! natural hair isnt as strong as you say. it still breaks.":ohwell: but i dont let these experiences sour me. one of my goals is to have hair that is touchable and touched.

also I think i hang around people w/ clean hands so im not particularly worried about where their hands have been besides i would probably wash my hair more often.

my only issue is that my hais is always damp or there is some heavy product in it. im trying to reduce my product usage for clean, soft, DRY,smooth, touchable hair

:rolleyes:No no. You can touch it, but don't play in it. One guy, before my Boy friend, twirled my hair around in his fingers and I kept thinking "crunch, crunch!" and I would take his hands away gently and just hold his had. Don't play in my hair, touch it, but don't play with it. This isn't kindergarden!:spinning: You're freaking me out just asking about it.

I love when ppl play in my hair. But, only if I know you and I let you. Other than that, i'm not to fond of strangers or ppl i don't know too well to put their hands in my hair. But for the ppl i let do it, i love the feeling of my hair being played in. it feels almost better than a massage IMO!!

I love it when my girls play in my hair. I give them satin scrunchies and a wide tooth comb and let them have at it! :grin:

My dh doesn't play in my hair, cause he thinks it's wimpy to play with a girls hair :rolleyes: Sometimes I get fed up and TELL him to twirl it, smell it, rub it, poke it, SOMETHIN!!! :lol:

Anyone else, I'll pass. Unless it's a close relative like my mama or sisters. I'm a slight germaphobe and have seen too many people do nasty stuff without washing their hands :nono:

I don't mind people I know playing in my hair. It's actually really relaxing to me. I've never had a friend pull really hard. They're all really soft handed almost like their afraid of hurting it lol.

Now if you're doing a weave check or pulling my hair, we're gonna have some problems. :swearing:

I :heart2:for my family/man to play in my hair. It's very soothing and relaxing. It makes me fall asleep.

No, I don't like it that much unless I'm doing it.

If you touch it the wrong way, it frizzes up. That's really the only reason. I had to teach my man how to touch my hair.

Freaking idiot was trying to run his fingers through my hair while dry at first. :lol:

Sometimes and sometimes not. DH will keep touching my NG and have my hair raised up like Einstein and then it's very tangly.

I love when people play in my hair, but only those that I know. My mom used to massage my scalp when I was little, and I love the tingly feeling it gives on my scalp. When people play in my hair now, I still get that feeling, so I don't have a problem with it. :p

The scalp has lots of nerve endings and I love to have my scalp massaged. Honestly one of the things I miss most about being relaxed is the ability to have someone run their fingers through my hair. ;)

scalp massage or fingers running through it is okay, but playing to me is another thing. It's someone not knowing what they're doing, twirling away, and twisting away, snapping off hair possibly, or tangling it. And that's just:wallbash:

I love it when my SO plays in my hair.

Other than that, if I know you well I don't mind if you touch my hair.

I like when my SO, friends, or family members play in my hair. Fastest way to get me to sleep! But if a stranger touches my head they can expect to draw back a stub

It totally depends on who it is and how it's done. I don't mind people close to me doing it but if we ain't close, back up off me! Even with the people I know it has to be done "right" otherwise it makes me nervous or something.

ETA: Now if it's a REALLY good hair day, can't nobody touch it!

Only when it's family or a really close friend and my hair is clean. There's nothing worse than having someone all up in your head when it's all itchy. But I love how it feels when someone plays in my hair. It's soooo relaxing.

Only when it's family or a really close friend and my hair is clean. There's nothing worse than having someone all up in your head when it's all itchy. But I love how it feels when someone plays in my hair. It's soooo relaxing.

Ditto! In high school this girl who sat behind me used to always play with my hair and braid it. I'd nearly fall asleep in my chair it was so relaxing.

I love when ppl play in my hair. But, only if I know you and I let you. Other than that, i'm not to fond of strangers or ppl i don't know too well to put their hands in my hair. But for the ppl i let do it, i love the feeling of my hair being played in. it feels almost better than a massage IMO!!

Yup! As long as I know the person, Love it, Love it, Love it!!! Especially if it's someone I'm dating. It's such a sweet feeling. :yep:

Touch it yes :yep: Play in it no :nono: Only my husband is allowed to massage my scalp but I am currently teaching my 4y/o to massage my scalp properly. :D

Some people. My mother used to play with my hair or braid it when I was little and it never failed to put me to sleep. Now, if someone touches my hair the RIGHT way, seriously, I'll damn near nod off like I have narcolepsy :lachen:. I loveeeee the hubby playing in my hair, five minutes and I was knocked out snoring last night!

Back