Does anyone here NOT have length goals?

jennboo

And yes, i know this is the LONGhaircareforum, lol.

I'm a type 4 natural who wears two-strand twists (my own hair) a majority of the time. As my hair gets longer, the twists do not "fall" to my liking. I just snipped about an inch off of each twist and i can see a noticeable difference in the way my hair falls in the twist style...which i love. I am thinking that i may not even want to grow my hair out long, but simply maintain my current length and continue to make my hair the healthiest it can be so i can continue to rock my signture style :grin:

I guess i can equate it to folks who chose to keep their hair short due to love of the actual style... Halle, Amber Rose, Nia Long to name a few.

So, does anyone keep their hair cut at a certain (shorter) length because they prefer the way their hair looks with this length?

I have "Health" Goals.:grin:

I've rocked short styles for over 20 years.:ohwell: Don't know if I'm ready to give that up or not.:perplexed

But, I'm currently focused on Health.:yep:

Not sure about length right now.:look: Just Health.:yep:

i'm keeping my hair at apl...(well mostly b.c. i'm too lazy to put in work for it to get longer). But apl was my goal when i first came here. after i reached that i was like to hellz with this

My armpits are loooooow. I don't know why. But anyway. armpit length is all I'm gunning for and I have the rest of my life to get there so I'm not TOO uptight about it.

I just want to see progress.

It's weird because I pretty much have longer hair right now than most black girls I meet in my area. I know it makes me a bad person, but I'm proud of that.

Im gonna say I am focused on health. My edges look like something's been eating at them and the front of my hair grows in strange. I would eventually shoot for BSL and call it a day but right now I just want my hair to be healthy looking. Not really worried about the length at the current moment though.

My armpits are loooooow. I don't know why. But anyway. armpit length is all I'm gunning for and I have the rest of my life to get there so I'm not TOO uptight about it.

I just want to see progress.

It's weird because I pretty much have longer hair right now than most black girls I meet in my area. I know it makes me a bad person, but I'm proud of that.

I don't think it makes you a bad person, mainly because I'll probably feel the say way when my hair gets to that point! :lachen:

As far as the main topic, I do have length goals but that's mainly because I'm just tired of having super short hair! I'd like it to be at least medium length for a change!

I have to be honest I want the biggest dumbest afro allowed by law. Matter of fact I want to get ticketed for walking out of the house. Hair grows everywhere (and I do mean everywhere) on my body quicker than on my head.

Seriously I now have healthy hair that is below my shoulders but I want o let it graw and be thicker than thick. So to anyswer ya question YES there are still goals out there

.....BLASPHEMY!!!:laugh:

LOL

I have coarse hair that I've started heat training and so far so good. I notice how a lot of ppl are on heat vacation to meet length goals. I think I'd rather have shorter, combable hair than long hair that's full of tangles and knots.

Also I know from playing with 18" weave hair - this is about waist length for me and I always think there's no way I'd ever wear it out anyway. I'm happier in the 12"-14" range and even 10" is fine with me. So just past shoulder length to bra strap, full and manageable seems to be the right length for me.

I have to be honest I want the biggest dumbest afro allowed by law. Matter of fact I want to get ticketed for walking out of the house. Hair grows everywhere (and I do mean everywhere) on my body quicker than on my head.

Seriously I now have healthy hair that is below my shoulders but I want o let it graw and be thicker than thick. So to anyswer ya question YES there are still goals out there

Yes Ma'am!!! This made me lol because I pretty much feel the same way! Though if my hair ever gets heavy enough to cause neck spasms, I just might have to cut it! :lachen:

I am curious to see how long my natural hair can grow. Once my hair hits its longest potential I reckon I will probably cut it all back to APL or something like that and maintain as I am not the type of person that has the patience needed for super long hair. So yeah i know what you mean.

I don't really have a specific goal. I started my HHJ for health and retention (I did a bad, bad thing by overprocessing a few years ago). I don't have any real intentions of MBL or WSL as a goal, not sure if I could handle it. I'll see how I feel if/when I get to BSL, and then decide how I want to proceed.

At the moment, I have a goal to reach APL at least, but I'm not bothering with dates anymore due to past disappointments; I just want to concentrate on healthy hair for now and see where I eventually get with length. I really do want long hair though, because it would look good on me and I've never really had it before, and APL may be seen as short to some people, but I definitely see it as long hair, so that's what I'm aiming for, for now. I'm not sure I'd really want to be super long like MBL, as that seems like an awful lot of hair, and I think I'm putting in a lot of effort already to look after just shoulder length hair at the moment. But I'll just see how things go.

i have a goal to do hairstyles that i like more than anything else. there are still a few styles i can't pull off b/c my hair isn't long enough. yes, i want to see if i can acquire the 10 inches necessary to be waist length. this is just out of curiosity. however, that means that i'd have hair TWICE the length of the hair in my siggy, which would be a job (to say the least) to detangle. i would probably cut it back to the length that would still allow me to do my favorite hair styles.
who am i kidding? it's almost every little black girls' dream to have WL hair. if i reach it i might just deal with the 6+ hours it takes for me to deal with it each week. LOL.

Back