Do You Wash & Go? Post Your Regimen Here!

Oh, a honey rinse will make the curls POP! 1T honey in a cup of water after cowash. Do not rinse out.
ok this is the 3rd time i have heard this tip. i gotta try it.

i did a WNG today just because i finally CAN and by the end of the day my crown was frizzy...i didnt use gel though so maybe that was the problem. i just sprayed diluted giovanni direct on it then ran some raw shea butter over that. it was cute till the shrinkage attacked.

:lachen:

I have a tut in my fotki from 2006 when my hair was shorter. I do my wng during the summer only. Right now I am currently in the process of taking down my braids and cutting off the last of my ends. I will be wearing the wng again for the next week or so and will post pics and my updated reg in the fotki since my hair is twice as long.

How I do my WnG:
  • daily cowashing in the am
  • while hair is wet smooth in oil and conditioner
  • then smooth and scrunch in gel
I usually either have the front twisted/braided or I put on a headband. It's that simple. I have found that only the cheap products work best for my when wearing this style. I use suave conditioners and smooth n shine curl activator gel.
Oh, a honey rinse will make the curls POP! 1T honey in a cup of water after cowash. Do not rinse out.
Thanks for the tip:yep: I will try this. I co-wash daily then to dripping wet hair I apply Miss jessies curl pudding, s -curl or carefree, then mousse I love wngs just don't know what I am going to do in the winter?:perplexed

I relax but not bone straight. I like to use WNG when I know I will be working out and when I stretch relaxers. I use HE Hello Hydration. If I am washing hair that was previously done WNG style I have to detangle or there will be knots so I apply conditioner and let sit while I finish shower, then detangle/rinse with wide toothe comb and finally add more conditioner but don't wash out.

Sorry my picture taking skills are crap. :sad:

Attachments

• wng 004.jpgcrop.jpg
    wng 004.jpgcrop.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I TRIED it yesterday... ended up looking a HAM... so I pulled it back into banana clip & settled on looking only a half HAM

I have 2 daily wash & go routines; one with my Ovation products, the other with WEN by Chaz Dean. I am relaxed, but not bone straight - you might say I am retexlaxed!
  • Ovation Color Therapy Shampoo or plain water
  • Ovation Cell Therapy
  • Ovation Creme Rinse
  • Mango Butter or Nourish & Shine or End All Hair Balm
  • 2 duck-bill clips and a few hair pins - place clips on both sides of hair then flip hair up in back, roll hair under, place hair pins to secure hair. Viola! Good to go for work and play
  • WEN Fig Conditioning Cleanser
  • WEN Fig w/Fig Oil as a leave-in
  • Mango Butter or Nourish & Shine or End All Hair Balm
  • 2 duck-bill clips and a few hair pins - place clips on both sides of hair then flip hair up in back, roll hair under, place hair pins to secure hair. Viola! Good to go for work and play.
Hair stays moist and neat all day long and no other additional manipulation until the next day.

I occasionally still use some of my favorite products like Nexxus, Ojon and such, but I have been trying to find my KISS products and Ovation & WEN are doing a GREAT job! My hair hasn't felt and looked this good in a long time and it's growing nicely. :grin:

For the relaxed ladies who successfully WnG, is not detangling and scrunching the keys to those curls? Yesterday I had imitation waves and the part of my hair was straight. Any further suggestions on how to avoid the wet mop look? :ohwell:

Here is the combination of products that work perfectly for my shake and go:

1) Pantene S&S or Elucence MB Conditioner
2) Elasta QP Glaze Conditioning Shining Gel
3) Tresemme Curl Care Curling Mousse
4) Ampro Clear Ice Styling Gel
5) Large shower comb
6) Large towel

B0006B3VZE.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

AAAAAlcMb60AAAAAAECL9A.jpg

20030515_lrg.jpg

150172.jpg
13778.gif

Here's what I do:

1) I start by CO washing my hair in the shower. I apply A LOT of conditioner, let it sit while I shower, and my last step is to comb through my hair with a large shower comb while the water is running through it. I try not to wash out all the conditioner, and make sure my hair is SOPPING wet when I get out of the shower (this helps with curl definition).

2) The next step is the apply the Elasta QP gel. I dry off, and hang my sopping head down on a towel that I've already placed on the floor of my bathroom. I first dry my hands on the towel (Shine gel is hard to scoop with wet ands), get a big glob of gel, and with my head still sopping and hanging down, I squeeze in the gel in a accordian-like scrunching manner, making sure to apply it from to tip while my head is upside down. I make sure to do this for to the back, middle, and front part of my hair, b/c the shining gel helps provide the moisture for this style so the curls don't dry out.

3) Next, I apply the curling mousse. With my head still down, I squeeze out a huge puff of mousse, and apply to my hair in the same accordian-like manner as the shining gel. At this point, my hair is saturated with mousse, and appears white all over. The mouse helps to define my curls.

4) The last thing I apply is the Ampro Ice. Head still down, I scoop out just a palmful of the ampro, rub it together, and squeeze it on the ends only! This helps to stick the ends of my curls together, which can get very frizzy if they start to unravel.

5) My very last step is the pick up the towel that was on the floor, and start squeezing out the excess product with it. At this point I have stood up, but I'm leaning my head to one side or the other as I use the towel to remove the excess product in the same accordian like srucnhing manner that I applied everything. The last thing I do is shake my head from side to side and go!

This process produces the best curls I've ever had, and it's not time consuming at all! My post is very detailed, but the whole process once I'm out of the shower takes about 5-10 minutes! The result is a nice defined shake and go, pictured in my avatar. HTH

Isnt Ampro Clear Ice like 50% alcohol?? :nono:

Maybe you're thinking of another gel? Ampro Clear Ice doesn't contain ANY alcohol....

Ingredients
Water, Sodium Salt of Carbomer 940, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Protein, Disodium EDTA, Frgrance, Dazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben and Propyl Paraben, FD&C Violet #2.,

Maybe you're thinking of another gel? Ampro Clear Ice doesn't contain ANY alcohol....

Ingredients
Water, Sodium Salt of Carbomer 940, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Protein, Disodium EDTA, Frgrance, Dazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben and Propyl Paraben, FD&C Violet #2.,

THANKS!!

(((((( adds to my to-do list for July))))))

prolly shouldn't have tried this with under 2 hrs before church :nono::nono:

I might have to have personal devotion today

Hi ladies! :wave:

Can you please post your wash & go regimens here? I figured this would be a good resource, especially for those of us who would like to start sporting wash and goes, but may have a few concerns and need a little motivation. :grin:

Be sure to include the products that you use, styling tools, hair do dads, pics (if you can), whether you're natural/relaxed/transitioning, how often you wash and go, and anything else you think may be helpful. TIA!

I'm Natural.

My Regimen 3-4 times a week:
1. Pre-poo my scalp with Aryuvedic powder infused oil.
2. Saturate hair with either protein or moisturizing conditioner.
3. Let pre-poo and conditioner sit for about 2 hours under plastic bag/cap.
4. Rinse out and co-wash.
5. Saturate hair with moisturizing conditioner, finger detangle.
6. Fluff and go.

For the relaxed ladies who successfully WnG, is not detangling and scrunching the keys to those curls? Yesterday I had imitation waves and the part of my hair was straight. Any further suggestions on how to avoid the wet mop look? :ohwell:

I agree, when I detangle thouroughly, the wash-and-go is worse because the waves/curls are more separated, if that makes sense. Also, it has taken practice for me to have a feel for how much scrunching is just right. The products I use make a big difference for me too, my combo of leave-in, oil based moisturizer, and water based moisturizer has worked best for me. Mousses and gels have made it too hard.

For those of you who are just now trying-- you should give it another chance! It takes practice but I am sure you can get it down eventually!

prolly shouldn't have tried this with under 2 hrs before church :nono::nono:

I might have to have personal devotion today

same here... though I think I know what caused me to look like a wet mop... my hair was TOO MOIST... and my leave-in is EXTRA moisturizing... it will literally have my hair wet for 24 hours without adding anything else...

today I didnt use that leave in... I put in a lil gel... let it air dry and then added HE LTR Leave in... it looks a LOT better than yesterday but still not good enough for me to wear anywhere "out" yet

To keep mine shiny, I may add some coconut oil as needed. It usually stays shiny enough though. I don't ever plan on keeping a WNG more than a few days. For those of you who have had a hard first/second try at WNG, are you relaxed or natural? Maybe we could find or put up a simple tutorial. I personally like the more simple way of doing it. I don't like a lot of product which is why I use the soft curl cream. aside from my lacio lacio, it has everything in it to curl your hair.

I am relaxed and I've been doing wash n goes since the weather is warm. I either pre-poo and then shampoo or for more frequent washes I do the following:
  • add oil to dry hair
  • rinse in shower
  • add conditioner, leave on while showering
  • then finger detangle in sections (I wash in braids)
  • afterwards I apply conditioner as leave-in
  • seal w/oil or SheScentIt Nadia Hair Butter
  • apply Fantasia clear gel to edges
  • tie on doo rag and allow roots to set
  • moisturize ends as they dry (VO5 Strawberies & Cream or QB Amla Heavy Cream)
For more defined waves I'll do a braidout.

I agree, when I detangle thouroughly, the wash-and-go is worse because the waves/curls are more separated, if that makes sense. Also, it has taken practice for me to have a feel for how much scrunching is just right. The products I use make a big difference for me too, my combo of leave-in, oil based moisturizer, and water based moisturizer has worked best for me. Mousses and gels have made it too hard.

For those of you who are just now trying-- you should give it another chance! It takes practice but I am sure you can get it down eventually!

Hi :wavey:! I checked out your fotki and attempted my first wash n go. Although mine came out too curly and frizzy - I sat under a dryer on cool for a few minutes and scrunched too much- I was surprised that I could actually get my hair to dry quickly while still looking okay despite being severely style challenged. I'm going to try again tonight and see how it goes, minus the excessive scrunching and the dryer.

well i cowash
moisturize (bb castor oil moisturizer)
and apply leave in (tresseme curl creme or sunsilk captivating curls leave in)

and go.

*i some times put on a head band

I'm texlaxed and I Wash and Go daily.
My system isn't perfect, I'm still learning, so hopefully this thread helps!

I wash my hair every other morning. The second day is falloff of the first day, lol. I tend to like the second day better. It typicalls get really big & full but still has alot of the "curlies" from the first day.

I wash with CON
I condition twice, the second time I leave the conditioner in (dont wash out)
I apply Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Lotion
Then either Motions Moisturizer or Noodle Head Curling Cream
I don't scrunch, I leave it alone & let it air dry. (takes about an hour)

59241864te0.jpg
37774536mm7.jpg

Last edited:
Do any of you wash and go ladies have just above or shorter than SL hair?

Also my hair has a natural part that usually doesn't come out until I detangle and bun, my hair fluffs naturally to each side, does anyone else's hair do that? And if it does do you go with it or fight it?

im natural now but i sported a wash n go as a relaxed head too. when i was relaxed i would co-wash then after rinsing use a leave in conditioner or moisturizer (ie. catwalk leave in moisturizer or conditioner, pink lotion) and apply to my hair and comb with a wide tooth comb to distribute evenly then id scrunch it back up with my hands. id do this every 3-4 days...

now that im natural i co-wash and jus apply a leave in conditioner or moisturizer and finger comb and go i may use sum jam on my edges to smooth them out...and i do this daily

**pics of both results in my fotki

Hi ladies! :wave:

Can you please post your wash & go regimens here? I figured this would be a good resource, especially for those of us who would like to start sporting wash and goes, but may have a few concerns and need a little motivation. :grin:

Be sure to include the products that you use, styling tools, hair do dads, pics (if you can), whether you're natural/relaxed/transitioning, how often you wash and go, and anything else you think may be helpful. TIA!

Co wash, detangle with a denman or seamless comb, put more conditioner in your hair annnnnnd GO!

smooooches :grin:

co-wash daily (or every other day depending on my laziness). Either leave some conditioner in (regular not leave-in) or some SCurl Gel moisturizer activator, throw hair into a banana clip and go.

I co-wash and then add a little noodlehead curl creme. No scrunching or anything. Then I keep my hands out of it until it dries.

I am relaxed about 90%, I guess. Even when I was bone straight, I could scrunch a bit and get a good wash and go going.

Back