Do you edge up your hairline?

Lotus

I wear my hair up, either in a ponytail or bun 99.9% of the time and I hate my hairline-:mad:. My hairline does not grow in a 'natural pattern' (to me) in the back. I notice hair lines on other women and it seems to have a natural V/U flow to it. Am I the only one that gets/needs an edge up?

I don't, I like my hairline! But if it bothers you then fix it...... just be sure the person knows what they are doing :)

amr501 said:
I don't, I like my hairline! But if it bothers you then fix it...... just be sure the person knows what they are doing :)

I shave mine for 'occassions'... but I have a fear of getting those bumps (you know the kind that men have) on the back of my neck.

Girl, I swear every hair concern I have is brought up on this board!!!!!

I have the same issue and it bothers me.

When I was younger, my mom used to have my dad shape me up back there, but now, I just never do it.

When I wear my hair up, it is NOT cute. I think that is why I don't like wearing my hair up. :( :look: :ohwell:

HoneyDew said:
Girl, I swear every hair concern I have is brought up on this board!!!!!

I have the same issue and it bothers me.
Ok... just wondering I've I was alone on this one-

When I was younger, my mom used to have my dad shape me up back there, but now, I just never do it.

When I wear my hair up, it is NOT cute. I think that is why I don't like wearing my hair up. :( :look: :ohwell:
@the bold :lol: :lachen: Thanks for the post. I did a search, but couldnt find anything.. on the board. I was starting to feel kinda freakish :creatures

I don't edge up my hairline. My stylist used to do it and I couldn't stand it! Each time she would go farther and farther up. I just don't like the way it looks. I like a natural looking hairline on women (unless you have a short hair cut).

I have the "W" hairline and I dont shape it. It never occured to me to do that, except when I had short hair.

I shape up the back because the Eddie Munster look is NOT cute!!:nono: I also shave the sides occassionally as I don't find the Ashanti sideburns attractive either:look:

I'm jealous of you women who have enough hair growing back there on your neck that you actually feel like you have to shave it or shape it. I have a natural W but its kinda high on the neck which means it takes me a longer time to get to shoulder length, etc.

nicki6 said:
I shape up the back because the Eddie Munster look is NOT cute!!:nono: I also shave the sides occassionally as I don't find the Ashanti sideburns attractive either:look:

:lol:. I'm there with ya on that one. I take dem side burns down, 'by any means necessary'.

I've been eying my hairline - I have 'babyhair' around the back - and I'm not sure if it'll ever 'grow' in full enough for me to work with, or if it will always be fine and thin. I don't shape my hair up though....

Mahalialee4 said:
You ladies save off your sideburns and your beck hairline????wow. I only thought our people did that for "fades" and "Mohawks". I have never noticed that anyone did that. ( Must remember to get out more) ....bonjour

Yep! Sideburns... gotta do it, they arent Ashanit'ish... but I can put some Precon gel on 'em, slick'em down and make a small 'S' if I want'ta :lol:. *Dont hate LHCF I know yall want some-:lachen:).

My hairline grows in a 'W' shape.. and I'm cool with that. What bothers me are the 'arms' so to speak of the 'W'. It's like they grow towards my ear a little more than thay should. :mad: If my hair is in a nice up do and the perm not so fresh, that kitchen dont look so clean- :look:

I don't. I like a natural hairline on longer hair. I wear my hair up often. I do like how an edged hairline looks on shorter hair.

I've been complimented on my hair line before. I understand why the front (cute baby hairs) but I don't quite get why at the back. I never see it. I think it's W shaped with some more babies. I wouldn't bother with a shape up, I've never looked at the back of anyones head and thought they needed one. It's just more work IMO and I'm all for LESS.

I feel what you're sayin bout the side burns lol, I got little patches near my earlobe, they're annoyin but not HIGHLY visible so I let them stay. The Indian lady at the Beauty shop tried to thread my forehead once; NOT impressed!!!

Sometimes I want to edge mine up because even though it has a U/V shape, it's just so darn low.

Back