Do I need to seal in twist extensions?

nebulanorton

Hi gang!

This is only my second post on these boards. I've been reading and finally decided to take the plunge today. Here's my background... I've been natural for about 15 years, most of that time was in locs, but last year I decided it was time for a change so I cut the locs off and combed my hair hair out. I have been wearing twist extensions as a protective style while I learn about caring for my hair while it's loose.

So here's the question:

I've been reading about moisturizing and sealing. I've been spritzing my hair with water while in the shower or spritzing with a Sheamoisture moisture mist spray (the pink one). But I was wondering, when I mist with just water, should I seal? Is that something that you do in braids or twists, or will it cause buildup?

Thanks for the help! Nebula (I included a pic from the last time I re-braided. I blowdried on cool before I started braiding. And It looks like there are fuzzballs in my hair, but I think I just got something on my phone lense :lol: LOL)

Attachments

• avatlhcf.jpg
    avatlhcf.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have senegalese twists now, and i spritz with plain water every day. From time to time (maybe every week or so, depends on how my hair feels) I will seal with sweet almond oil or shea butter, but I mostly do that after I wash the twists (i cowash once or twice a week after the first 2/3 weeks of having the twists in) HTH

Back