Do I have ro use the Pins when Rollersetting?

bajanplums1

Hi,

When rollersetting my hair, do I have to use the pins to secure the rollers or can I use the magnetic rollers that come with the cover to secure them?

Many tHanks!

Do you know where you get those big magnetic rollers? Sorry to bump in on your post..but I tried a rollerset last night and it turned out like CACA!! lol I need BIG rollers..

I know for sure that you can get the big rollers at Sallys. You can also get the big rollers (purple) with the covers on them from Chatham Beauty Supply ( 87th and Dan ryan) and on 98th and Stoney Island. HTH Rush girl.
To answer the question about using the covers, I prefer using the pins IF I can get them in. But in certain section, I just get those pins in and I have to use the covers. Which ever you prefer!

I use a combination of rollers... /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I use pink and green magnetic rollers (medium size) with covers to secure on shorter lengths of my hair or if I want more curl
I use red magnetic rollers (larger size) with small duck bill clips to secure on longer lengths of my hair or if I dont want as much curl

[ QUOTE ]
I know for sure that you can get the big rollers at Sallys. You can also get the big rollers (purple) with the covers on them from Chatham Beauty Supply ( 87th and Dan ryan) and on 98th and Stoney Island. HTH Rush girl.
To answer the question about using the covers, I prefer using the pins IF I can get them in. But in certain section, I just get those pins in and I have to use the covers. Which ever you prefer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks girl!! I'll check Sally's first.. that beauty supply place would be much further away from me.. I live off of North Ave.. but I'll go there if I can't find them at Sallly's.. do they have alot of other goodies at that beauty supply place?

You can use either one. I use either the silver clips or the roller covers when I roller set my own hair. Which one is easier for you?

I use the metal clips. When I use the ones that you cover w/ the "clamp" thing, I always end up with a big ol print from where the end of the clamp was.

I have no success with the pins, so I use the ones with covers. In fact, I didi a rollerset last night that turned out great. I had to flat iron the roots though since my hair is natural, but other than the roots, my hair turned out great.

Rush girl-
I live not too far from North Ave. Unfortunately I have NEVER seen a beauty supply store on the North side like they do on the south side. Sally's will have the magnetic rollers without the covers!

[ QUOTE ]
Rush girl-
I live not too far from North Ave. Unfortunately I have NEVER seen a beauty supply store on the North side like they do on the south side. Sally's will have the magnetic rollers without the covers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I've never even been to a beauty supply store..besides something like Sally's.. Maybe I should take a drive to the ones you mentioned just to see what one is like.. and drool over everything probably..lol How far away do you think it's from me? I live near North Ave and Ashland..

Oh, you know what..I did call the Surge people once to see who carried it.and there was a store that did..more up North..it sounded like an Asian man that answered the store..I should call again and find out where that was.. that might be a good one no?

Oh really?!? I have no idea then. i have yet to see a BSS in N. Chicago area. If you find one let me know!
But I know exactly where Ashland and N. aveneue is. There is a whole heath foods store over there where I get my Aubrey GPB, but as far as any other BSS i am clueless. I live near Grand ave...
Literlly I have to go way out south for my hair stuff which I hate. But yes, you will drool over everything when you go like I did today!

LOL.. drool is right..lol The street I live on runs right into that Blockbuster on North Ave that looks like it was an IHOP back in the day.. I'm gonna find out what place that was that has Surge and try to go in there sometime in the next week or two just to look around.. I'll let you know..

You aren't that far from me.. my son had to play baseball a few times at a park off of Grand Ave.. I go to the same Whole Foods..and that Best Buy right there..

[ QUOTE ]
I use the metal clips. When I use the ones that you cover w/ the "clamp" thing, I always end up with a big ol print from where the end of the clamp was.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA...I use clips ( metal) look at my profile ( click on name) and I have pics of a rollerset I did at 8 or 9 weeks post...HTH

Be patient with the setting it takes some getting use to /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Back