DISASTER!!! Hair coming out after "TEXTURIZER"

Chaya

DISASTER!!! Hair coming out after \"TEXTURIZER\"

On Saturday Carefree Curl cold wave SUPER STRENGTH was put on virgin hair that has been growing in its natural state for 5 years. The hair was about to my shoulders!
Now six days later my hair is coming out in clumps when I comb it, wash it or even run my fingers through it! I told my beautician that I have NEVER used a "super" on anything EVER!!!!
She ofcourse said "TRUST ME!"
I just wanted to relax the curl just a bit, not straighten it! Now its straighter than I wanted it to be and its coming out and I am pissed?
HELP! WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP IT!
We need suggestion on:
*shampoo
*conditioner
*deep conditioner
*hairstyles
*LEAVE IN
*SPECIAL TREATMENTS
* Advice on how not to be mad at her!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS LADIES!!!!

Re: DISASTER!!! Hair coming out after \"TEXTURIZER\"

Chaya,

You need to do a protein treatment right away. Try Aphoghee, Nexxus Emergencee or Dudelys DRC28. Any one of them will do. What matters most is the SPEED with which you do it.

None of the other stuff matters as much. You should do a protein treatment as soon as possible.
smile.gif

First off, FIND ANOTHER BEAUTICIAN.

She should never have suggested anything Super without doing a strand test.

Normally, a texturizer on long hair is not the same as the texturizer/wave kit that you use on short hair. Long hair will need a regular or mild relaxer left on for less time than the recommended time on the jar.

Right now, you're going to need protein. Try Aphogee or Nexxus Emergencee. You're also going to need to moisturize your hair at least 2-3 times a week and deep condition regularly. Good leave-ins to try: Elasta QP H-Two, Motions leave-in and Infusium 23 original (the dry/damaged formula has too much protein in it). I'm afraid sulfates would make your hair drier and cause more breakage so I recommend you use CON shampoo or Abba shampoo.

Hairstyles: Buns, french rolls, and loose ponytails.

When ever I hear of someones hair coming out in clumps it makes me wonder if it was ever neutralized to being with???

I would re-shampoo my hair and let it that shampoo sit, then do a protein treatment, followed by moisture.

They are correct you do need a protein treatment, heavy duty DRC28 or Aphogee.

Super strength is the problem. Apoghee might be the answer. Why did she put super in your hair? Sorry about what happened. A beautician did the same thing to my mother.

I agree with everyone in that you need to use a protein treatment immediately ! The Dudley DRC-28 and Aphogee treatments seem to be the strongest and most effective at stopping breakage. Also I recently bought the Joico K-pack reconstructor from Trade Sceret - it contains Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, which is suppossed to be a protein that most closely mimicks that of the protein that hair is composed of, so it is pretty strong as well.
Using a super strength chemical is definitely bad, maybe you should look into finding a new stylist. If they don't listen to you then it will probably mean more problems in the future.
Maybe you should do braidouts, twist-outs, and/or roller sets if you want the texturized look minus the chemicals or go to a stylist who can give you a "corrective texturizer" in a few months after you've nursed your hair back to health.

Why does this remind me of my hair disaster after I went to a beautician (who did hair in her house) who did my jheri curl and didn't completely rinse it out???? My hair was coming out in the comb, shower, running fingers thru my hair, etc.
mad.gif
Talk about flashback!

I would use a neutralizing shampoo cause there may have been traces of the chemical left...besides it wouldn't hurt and follow that up with Aphogee ASAP! Follow the directions carefully though. After that follow up with a good moisturizing conditioner and let that sit for 30 min or more. I think you can use this every week until breakage subsides but read the bottle to double check.

In addition to what everyone has said, keep all heat out of your hair and handle it extra gently untily you get a handle on the breakage. I'm sorry this happened to you.
frown.gif

Chaya, I am so sorry to hear that. That is a shame! That lady should be condemned from ever doing hair again! As all the Ladies said, use a good intense protein treatment (Emergencee,Agohogee, DRC28) and try to keep your hair moisturized all the time. Most of all while your hair is recovering, wear protective styles. Best of luck.

i am so sorry to hear this. i hate when hairdressers do this, this really makes me MAD!!! i am tired of these incompetent stylists damaging people's hair. It takes forever to have your hair in healthy state, and all it takes it just ONCE, one time for it to be damaged and irreversible. i hate incompetent stylists!!!

back to the subject, it sounds like they didn't neutralize the hair long enough or properly (and also overprocessed your hair). Run for you protein treatments chica. i do mine weekly, because my hair was overprocessed and its helping to keep the hair on my head, gradually i will trim those parts off. just try to minimize the shedding as much as you can through protein treatments and moisturizing the hair twice daily.

It was very poor judgment on the part of your stylist. I am sorry to hear this. Due to the urgency of your situation, I hope by now you have done a neutralizer and an Aphogee treatment (if not, I would suggest doing this tonight). Let us know how you are coming along with this.

perfect peace
Rose.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Chyna Red said:
Since when is a Jheri curl used as a texturizer anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto because I'm sitting here like
huh.gif
at the fact that this "cold wave" was supposed to texturize anything. The fact that it was super strength on top of all that just makes matter worse.
frown.gif

Anyway, Chaya, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Everyone has given you excellent advice: gentle shampoo, strong protein conditioner (Aphogee is always a hit, and this Dudley DRC has been getting lots of attention), and extra tlc. After you do your protein treatment, please manipulate your hair as little as possible by putting it in a protective style (i.e. loose bun) and leave it alone for a few days.

I hope things work out for you.
kiss.gif
Please let us know what you decided to do.

I agree with what everyone else said. I'd also like to add that sometimes a situation looks really bad, but sometimes after a few days, the situation doesn't look as bleak. So, I know you're about ready to spank your hairdresser, and you probably never want to go back to her again (please don't), but your hair might look better after a few days of TLC. Don't feel as if all is lost.

whatever you do, make sure you give that hairdresser a piece of your mind and go demand your money back. too many hairdressers jack up our heads, and it goes unnoticed too often. this could be a much needed wake up call for that stylist and others.

I am so sorry this happened to you. Just follow the advice already given here. I hope everything turns out ok!

[ QUOTE ]
jd_bdfly said:
whatever you do, make sure you give that hairdresser a piece of your mind and go demand your money back. too many hairdressers jack up our heads, and it goes unnoticed too often. this could be a much needed wake up call for that stylist and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!!

so sorry this happened to you. you have gotten some good advice so far. you should sue that stylist's behind

[ QUOTE ]
Chyna Red said:
Since when is a Jheri curl used as a texturizer anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
ohwell.gif

Chaya, I am very sorry to hear this happened to you. You now have a Carefree curl in your hair and you have to treat it as such, by using the proper products to care for it. You have to moisturize your hair daily because if you allow it to dry at all, it will come out in clumps.

What's most disturbing to me about all of this is that this woman could mistake this product for a texturizer.
huh.gif
I had a wave nouveau for 10 years, and to get rid of it, I had to cut it all off. I hope you can grow it out without having to resort to cutting it, but I don't know how much hair you'll lose in the process. It's hard to do.
frown.gif

THANK YOU FROM MOM

I REALLY WANT TO SAY THANKS EVERYONE!!! THIS MESSAGE WAS ACTUALLY WRITTEN BY MY MOTHER BECAUSE SHE WAS SO UPSET ABOUT HER EXPERIENCE! IVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD FOR ABOUT ONE MONTH NOW PROBABLY AND MY HAIR LOOKS BETTER SINCE I HAVE HAD YOU FOR ADVICE! MY MOTHER IS SO APPRECIATIVE AND THINKS THAT YOU ARE AS SO "SWEET" AND SHE LIKES THE WAY YOU ALL "SPEAK". ANYWAYS THANKS AGAIN

Back