DID YOU GET AMAZING GROWTH FROM BUNNING?? - POST YOUR PHOTOS HERE?

Reecie

Hey Ladies. I was hoping ya'll could help a sister out. I know almost everyone has read the Bunning for Growth Challenge and the thread about a women going from SL to Waistlength in a year, etc. But these posts have little to no photos. I'm a visual person and I need some inspiration for my upcoming personal No Heat/Protective Styling Challenge to help me achieve APL.

If ya'll documented your bunning/protective styling regimen, will you PLEASE post your photo comparisons in here??? I'm dying to see!!!
:kewlpics::thankyou::kewlpics::feedback::goodpost::eh:

I found this video of a woman documenting her growth from 5 months of bunning. Very impressive!!! :wink2::wink2::wink2:

YouTube Link
----------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I DID, I DID!!:woohoo:

I completed a no heat/bunning challenge from Sep 2009 - Feb 2010. Here are my results

SEP 2009

FEB 2010
]​

Last edited:

taz007

Thank you so much for posting this as I was wondering the same thing!

Waiting for responses ...

Reecie

Thank you so much for posting this as I was wondering the same thing!

Waiting for responses ...

Thanks so much for this. I really want to see if I could grow from SL to WL (or at least BSL) in a year, but it would greatly help to see some inspiration.

Girls, you are SOOOOOO right. We need this ladies. Post some pics for us. We are desperate for inspiration. :drool::drool::tantrum::tantrum:

Reecie

I bun mostly...results in siggy

That is great growth. What is your regimen for bunning. I know it is simple enough but little tweaks can equal big changes when it comes to making your hair moisturized, sleek, and preventing breakage. Any pointers you could add would be great!!:grin:

pcRN

I dont know about amazing growth, but here's mine. 1st Jan 2008 -2nd Aug 2009

Attachments

• comic.jpg
    comic.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 688

that_1_grrrl

I think I would be able to strictly bun for a year. I really love the look of buns. If I could find a good co-wash and bun regimen I could do daily or a few times a week, and if I could find something to do with the front half of my hair that I can't bun, I will definitely be up to this.

Any bunners have any ideas?

Mz.Shug

U can always do a cute little hump in the front goes well with hoop earrings. Or just take a small section in the front moisturize and roll at night for a cute swoop.HTH

that_1_grrrl

U can always do a cute little hump in the front goes well with hoop earrings. Or just take a small section in the front moisturize and roll at night for a cute swoop.HTH

Hm, I guess I could use my go-to hump for that. Alright, I'm going to give this a try. I'll have a lot less bad hair days, and I'll stop picking at my hair a lot less if I bun.

BeautifulFlower

That is great growth. What is your regimen for bunning. I know it is simple enough but little tweaks can equal big changes when it comes to making your hair moisturized, sleek, and preventing breakage. Any pointers you could add would be great!!:grin:

NO problem. Well for me this works:

• Doing braided buns over regular buns keeps hair moisturized better.
  • Avoid bunning hair that hasnt been detangled from sheds, it gets worst.
  • MOISTURE of course.
  • If you can stand to blow dry bi-weekly or once monthly, I recommend it. My cuticles lay flat, hair lays flatter, you see less breakage, shed hair dont form knots as throughout hair, and hair stays moisturized. Of course this will last until next wash.

natalie20121

This is a great post. I want to try and keep my hair in a bun 90% of the time to see if it helps me retain my length. Can't wait to see pics for inspiration!

trendsetta25

I'm also 3 inches away from APL. I'm going to "try" this after my last relaxer for the year. I think I'm going to bun till Thanksgiving then weave and braid until my next touch-up at the end of March since I'll be starting Accutane in Oct and can't relax while on it. If I see significant improvement while bunning, I'll bun again for the month of Feb (lol...the shortest month)

Last edited:

Reecie

This is a great post. I want to try and keep my hair in a bun 90% of the time to see if it helps me retain my length. Can't wait to see pics for inspiration!

I'm also 3 inches away from APL. I'm going to "try" this after my last relaxer for the year. I think I'm going to bun till Thanksgiving then weave and braid until my next touch-up at the end of March since I'll be starting Accutane in Oct and can't relax while on it. If I see significant improvement while bunning, I'll bun again for the month of Feb (lol...the shortest month)

Hey Trend, the last (2.5 - 3 inches) are killing me!!:wallbash: So you're going to stretch for around 6 months while bunning? Is that correct? Also, do you wet bun or let it airdry and then bun? Basically, what products and techniques to you use to do your bun.

adw425

I did not have amazing growth, but I had steady growth with great retention. I do not have a recent bun picture or length picture, but I am APL now. I wasn't APL in the January 2008 picture, but the size of my bun did grow pretty significantly from July 25, 2005 to January 2008. The last pix is from September 2008, but my hair was straightened. I honestly thought I would be a straight natural, but I have come to love my bun, so I mostly bun except for formal occasions.

Attachments

• bun0705.jpg
    bun0705.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Bun0108.jpg
    Bun0108.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 174
  • th_Bun0908.jpg
    th_Bun0908.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

Hey Ladies. I was hoping ya'll could help a sister out. I know almost everyone has read the Bunning for Growth Challenge and the thread about a women going from SL to Waistlength in a year, etc. But these posts have little to no photos. I'm a visual person and I need some inspiration for my upcoming personal No Heat/Protective Styling Challenge to help me achieve APL.

If ya'll documented your bunning/protective styling regimen, will you PLEASE post your photo comparisons in here??? I'm dying to see!!!

I did a very similar regimen for the last 6 months because of a major setback I had earlier this yr from using too much heat. I wouldnt say I got miraculous growth but I do see a big difference in my hair. I plan on continuing to bun til summer 2010 to get to bra strap.

Hair before cutting see through ends

After cut 03/23/09 to 09/07/09

keriplz

Could I see pictures of your buns? The one reason why I don't bun is because I can't make mine "glam" enough lol. I like your bun in your siggy OP but I don't know if my hair is long enough to achieve that look bc my hair is short n curly.

Maybe I will experiment some looks with buns. I love the progress pics here!

Anew

I bun and leave them in at night sometimes for days if I wet bun...

I don't really have any progress pics though, just know I don't need a trim often. Maybe once a year

Reecie

I did a very similar regimen for the last 6 months because of a major setback I had earlier this yr from using too much heat. I wouldnt say I got miraculous growth but I do see a big difference in my hair. I plan on continuing to bun til summer 2010 to get to bra strap.

Hair before cutting see through ends

After cut 03/23/09 to 09/07/09

Bronx, Now that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. How is that not miraculous growth? Yeah, it may not be as long as you would like, but look at your ends, girl?? It looks like in 7 months you gained about 2.5 inches and your ends look amazingly thick. What's your entire bunning reggie?? I love it. Exactly what I'm looking for in this post.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I keep it very simple.
I just wash my hair once a wk and let it airdry in a bun. I dont comb my hair except on wash day. I moisturize as needed maybe once twice a wk. In the am i take off my scarf fluff my bun and i'm done. Trust me if you do the no heat and bun reggie you will def get to armit before you know it.