Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

***Possible TMI alert!!***

I got one of those really ugly pimples. Just full and not yet come to a head. Usually that's cause for alarm with my skin because it's somewhat thick and it's impossible to extract. Put a mixture of DE and cetaphil (thanks, ChocoKitty!) on it for a few hours. The next day it came to a head, I easily extracted it. Left just plain powdered DE on it over night and woke up to nothing. No scab, no nothing. I guess the DE dehydrated it just like it does those little buggies. And I guess the silica took it one step further and helped it to heal. Simply amazing.

I got one of those really ugly pimples. Just full and not yet come to a head. Usually that's cause for alarm with my skin because it's somewhat thick and it's impossible to extract. Put a mixture of DE and cetaphil (thanks, ChocoKitty!) on it for a few hours. The next day it came to a head, I easily extracted it. Left just plain powdered DE on it over night and woke up to nothing. No scab, no nothing. I guess the DE dehydrated it just like it does those little buggies. And I guess the silica took it one step further and helped it to heal. Simply amazing.

That's good to know. I'll have to remember that when one pops up.

Amazing how everyone experiences different things with DE.
I stopped taking DE for awhile. Curiosity got the best of me and I started taking again. BM's are non-existent! This is one of the main reasons I started taking it. Just cycled off 3 days. Back on tonight. I sleep very well, wake up extra early and my appetite really decreases. No BM's at all. SIGH!!

Amazing how everyone experiences different things with DE.
I stopped taking DE for awhile. Curiosity got the best of me and I started taking again. BM's are non-existent! This is one of the main reasons I started taking it. Just cycled off 3 days. Back on tonight. I sleep very well, wake up extra early and my appetite really decreases. No BM's at all. SIGH!!

Today was my third day taking it. I'm normally regular however I noticed yesterday I didn't have a bm even though I tried to drink plenty of water. I took care of that this morning by having a cup of hot coffee first. Worked like a charm.

Now I'm sitting here debating if I want to try a second dose tonight to reap the benefits of the good night sleep. It's the energy it gives me in the day that scares me from doing it.

I drink tea in the morning and throughout the day (take DE at night) and no BM's. I struggle with regularity. Hate it!

I drink tea in the morning and throughout the day (take DE at night) and no BM's. I struggle with regularity. Hate it!

Tea doesn't work for me in that area, and I'm not a everyday coffee drinker. However it's something about the caffeine in it that works for me within 30 to 40 mins.

I did a salt water flush this morning, and I'm still not satisfied with the results. I'm gonna do a little psyllium in a few, and another SW flush in the morning.

I wanna get back on this stuff 'cause my BP was like 127 over 78. I'm a little closer to borderline now after 3 days off.

Have you tried a probiotic?

Yes, I take probiotics (10 billion). I may need to increase.
I know I'm not getting enough fiber. I need around 35-40g's. Just started increasing again.

Tea doesn't work for me in that area, and I'm not a everyday coffee drinker. However it's something about the caffeine in it that works for me within 30 to 40 mins.
I'm going to try caffeine in the morning and see what that does, but tonight I'm opting for Smooth Move Tea.

Sorry for being so negative Sweetie Pie :kiss:. I think you're totally right, it wouldn't hurt to ask her!
I'm just a little jealous that I never got a discount.... but if I think about it from her point of view, I never bought nearly as much as you have so I prob didn't deserve one.:yep:

Of course you deserve a discount love, I will ask Galina today and will report back to you.
:rosebud:

Took my first dose and then waited 48 hours to observe for any reactions. None so far so I guess I'll take a dose every other day until I run out. I am really encouraged by that lady on the Long Hair Forum that said she got about an inch in 20 days. I am using an external growth aid as well so I'd be ecstatic if I got similar results. I am trying to make up ground from a recent setback so I am going all out.

Yes, I take probiotics (10 billion). I may need to increase.
I know I'm not getting enough fiber. I need around 35-40g's. Just started increasing again.

I'm going to try caffeine in the morning and see what that does, but tonight I'm opting for Smooth Move Tea.

I also forgot to add when I was taking the Nutiva Coconut Oilfor weight loss it def. kept things moving.:yep:

I will be trying this along with the DE for added health benefits as well as combating the constipation from it.

I'm still experimenting with it. For October and November, I've had a full inch of growth per month. But I'm also taking GNC Hair Skin & Nails formula, so I'm not exactly sure which of them has boosted my growth of if it's both in conjunction.

With a really clean system your hair and fingernails can't help but grow longer and stronger since your body will be using a lot more of the vitamins/supplements/herbs/nutrients that you take. !

@bolded may have attributed to my hair growth. I mentioned about a couple of weeks ago that I had my dh look at my hair with me to make sure I want not trippin'...anytime I bring up hair to dh he would roll his eyes like "here we go again" .(Lol)

However while I am watching Dreamgirls (of all the times HE want to talk hair)- he states that my hair is getting "bigger" (and presses down on it like he is testing out a mattress or something) and that my straight hair is resting on top of my wavy (new growth):ohwell: (lol). He normally only mentions this when I am around 10 weeks or so...like I mentioned previously - I relax bone straight and don't start seeing any type growth until I am 6 or 7 weeks into my relaxer...

My hair has been irritating me lately as I usually fight with this type of growth right around the time I get a relaxer ..I am glad it's growing but I kinda got deal with it for about another 6 weeks when normally I only deal with this type of growth 2 weeks before relaxing...

I'm gutted but I am going to have to stop taking DE. :sad:

I have only been taking it for three days when on the 3rd day I noticed that my son was spitting up after every BF. Not a lot but he doesn't usually spit up at all. :nono:

I was adding a tblsp to a large glass of water stir, drink then refilling the glass all day. It usually took 3-4 glasses before all the sediment was gone. So I yesterday afternoon I changed to clean water glass and stopped taking DE for 24 hours. The very next feed DS kept it all down and he hasn't spit up since.

I thought that I'd be fine to take DE now as he is on solids mostly but I'm not planning to wean him completely from BF until May/June so.....sigh....I'll have to wait until then.

Good luck ladies with your progress. I'll be lurking.

Did you take coconut oil in capsule form? I don't want think think about drinking it. Seems like I have to take something to go! Sheesh! I'll monitor DE for another month and pray it cleanses me out. Maybe things will move along quicker.

Oh, drank coffee this morning. Had a tiny bit of movement. Nothing to click my heels about, but I'll take it. Yay! Think I'll make another cup, but I def don't want this to be a habit.

I just want to poop like everyone else. Lol!!

I also forgot to add when I was taking the Nutiva Coconut Oilfor weight loss it def. kept things moving.:yep:

I will be trying this along with the DE for added health benefits as well as combating the constipation from it.

Hi ladies,

I'm still taking DE and seeing results. I've noticed that my nails are growing longer and stronger. Still waking up having 2 bm's by 10am. I also will have another 1 sometimes 2 by the end of the day. I haven't weighed myself in the beginning so I can't tell you if I've lost weight (officially) but what I can tell you is that some of the slacks that I wear that were very "fitting" are starting to feel slight looser. Also my skinny jeans are starting to look like saggy jeans. They just don't fit the same.

Today, I measure my hair and took a pic as my starting point. I will measure the same spot in two weeks and provide an update. I want to see if there's any significant changes to my hair outside of normal growth.

I currently do not take any vitamins or any other supplements. Just DE.

I wonder for some of the ladies who aren't experiencing any benefits from DE are taking vitamins/supplements or anything that would cause for them not to see some benefits with DE?

yodie;10418682[B said:
]Did you take coconut oil in capsule form? [/B]I don't want think think about drinking it. Seems like I have to take something to go! Sheesh! I'll monitor DE for another month and pray it cleanses me out. Maybe things will move along quicker.

Oh, drank coffee this morning. Had a tiny bit of movement. Nothing to click my heels about, but I'll take it. Yay! Think I'll make another cup, but I def don't want this to be a habit.

I just want to poop like everyone else. Lol!!

No I took this brand.

About a tablespoon spreaded on toast or bagel. Over oatmeal, rice or a baked potato. I would sometimes slightly melt it and drink a spoonful followed by food. I occasionally drank it in hot beverages but I couldn't get past it floating on top.

Last edited:

Does DE constipate you?
Thanks for mentioning coconut oil. I did a little research today and just about everyone said it helped with constipation and weight loss. YAY! Added a heaping tbsp to my oatmeal and it tasted yummy.
I initially tried EVCO in hot water, but the floating on top threw me off as well.

Thanks again.
Hope this works for me.
Just ordered Nutiva EVCO from vitacost. Great reviews and great price.

Last edited:
Does DE constipate you?
Thanks for mentioning coconut oil. I did a little research today and just about everyone said it helped with constipation and weight loss. YAY! Added a heaping tbsp to my oatmeal and it tasted yummy.
I initially tried EVCO in hot water, but the floating on top threw me off as well.

Thanks again.
Hope this works for me.

DE WILL constipate you if you dont drink enough water while taking it! I have a friend who started taking it and started complaining of stomach pains, I told her to drink two glasses of water. As soon as she did the pains went away!
DE is some great stuff! I now have THREE bm's a day instead of my normal one a day and I am never tired during the day!

My sister stopped takking D.E for 3 days out of pure laziness, she regrets it. she felt weak and sluggish. she took it again last night and got a very bad tension headache :(
she drank a lot of water, then her head pains eased away..

I hope she is feeling a lot better today as me and my 6 sisters are celebrating mothers day today (in england)with mom and our babies :spinning: even though its mothers day everyday ;)

I drink just about a gallon a day and no movements at all. Gonna up it to more than a gallon and see what happens.

Skipped DE last night. Didn't want to miss "going" another day. Had a BM this morning and I know there's more to come. I think the coconut oil worked!!! Thank u. I'm taking another 2 tbsps right now in my oatmeal!

Skipped DE last night. Didn't want to miss "going" another day. Had a BM this morning and I know there's more to come. I think the coconut oil worked!!! Thank u. I'm taking another 2 tbsps right now in my oatmeal!

You're welcome, I'm glad to hear it's working. I'm gonna work on upping my water intake also.

I think I'll try my first night dose tonight.

Well I tried it as a mask a few nights ago and it definitely absorbs the oil...I washed my face first then applied the mask and let it sit about 30 minutes....Even when I woke up my skin was not oily and it felt a little "tight" - interested in seeing the long term as I will be doing this once a week.

Glad to hear it work for you Sheba. I thought about you this past weekend while I was battling with some DE eruptions. I hoped that you were doing way better than me. :lachen:

Some itchy ones showed up. I took a detox bath consisting of;
2 cups epsom salt, 1 cup baking soda in a tub of very warm water, soaking for about 20 mins. It stopped the itching and made a few disappear.

My sister stopped takking D.E for 3 days out of pure laziness, she regrets it. she felt weak and sluggish. she took it again last night and got a very bad tension headache :(
she drank a lot of water, then her head pains eased away

I hope she is feeling a lot better today as me and my 6 sisters are celebrating mothers day today (in england)with mom and our babies :spinning: even though its mothers day everyday ;)

Fascinating! I had a similar experience when I took a break from DE last week. I just got back on it later in the week last week after a 3 day break to try and flush my system. Well, on day 3, I woke up feeling like I had been drinking Patron all night or something...just dehydrated and with a nagging hangover headache!

I have been drinking water all day and will continue. The headache is gone but it didn't go away until I drank a diet pepsi. :look: (I know, I know...but apparently, I needed some caffeine - and I only drink caffeine about twice per week).

Anyway, I've upped my water and I forgot to mention something last week...I noticed it before I took my break and it lasted through the break and was really noticeable this weekend...BUTTERY SOFT SKIN all over my body. My skin was feeling more soft and supple than usual...so anyway, last night I showered and went to bed with NO lotion just to see how it would feel....and this morning....my skin STILL FELT buttery soft and smooth like baby skin! I'm sure that HAS to be the DE.

Nails also grow fast. I'm almost 7 mos post so I have no idea what my hair is doing.

As for BM's....I upped my fiber and water intake so I don't know what I could really attribute progress to but I have seen some progress.

Back