Detangling 4A hair?

IntoMyhair

Either a lite bulb just went off or i am slow. The hair on my head that is hardest to detangle is my 4A hair.
With my hair my halo and nape is all 4B but that big ole circle in the middle of my head is 4A.

What are 4A ladies using for slip to detangle your hair. What are your routines.

I ask because i had a really bad detangling session some days ago and i am still seeing pieces of hair from it.
I am all so texlaxed.

TIA

I do the majority of the detangling in the shower while I still have loads of conditioner on my hair. I use a wide tooth comb and start at the bottom.

I use Redken Detangling Cream or Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner.:yep:

I detangle in the shower with my goodie brush, or a wide tooth comb.

In the shower under the running water with paddle brush followed by using my shower comb or large wide tooth comb.

Maybe this is my problem. I always detangle after washing. Once i have applied my leave in. And the 4b area are a breeze to get through but that 4a NO SR there ois something about them ZZzs
And all this time i thought 4b was the Z pattern and it is 4a. lol

Thanks ladies.

Either a lite bulb just went off or i am slow. The hair on my head that is hardest to detangle is my 4A hair.
With my hair my halo and nape is all 4B but that big ole circle in the middle of my head is 4A.

What are 4A ladies using for slip to detangle your hair. What are your routines.

I ask because i had a really bad detangling session some days ago and i am still seeing pieces of hair from it.
I am all so texlaxed.

TIA

I co-wash regularly and only detangle in the shower with heavy conditioner under running water with a wide tooth shower comb. If i get out of the shower and i want to use a more narrow comb, i make sure i put on leave-in conditioner first.

I co-wash regularly and only detangle in the shower with heavy conditioner under running water with a wide tooth shower comb. If i get out of the shower and i want to use a more narrow comb, i make sure i put on leave-in conditioner first.

Thanks i guess i will have to change up my wash routine.

Detangling under the water or with loads of conditioner are two of the best methods. The under the water method was the best for me. However, I hate being in the shower for too long.

So what I do most of the time is finger comb and section my hair while in the shower. After my wash and condition, I put Kids Organics Moisturizing Detangling lotion on each section of my hair and begin combing from the bottom up. I take my sweet ole time and watch TV or movies while doing this.

Back