Desparately Seeking Help Texturizing New Growth

Narla

I am a 4B with 1.5 inches of new growth. Until December, I sported a TWA. AFter my last haircut on 12/10 and after lurking and reading so much about texturizers, I decided to give it a go.

I LOVE MY TEXTURIZED HAIR.

Now for the problem: I need to texturizer the new growth, my ends are curly, soft and wonderful, but my knew growth is very bushy. I originally used Designers Touch Texturizer, regular strength and left it on for 20 minutes with great results.

I know if I do my whole head again, my ends will probably be straighter than I want. But my hair is still very short (only about 2.5 inches long).

Do you ladies have any suggestions of what I can use on my texturized hair to keep it from being straightened when I touch up the new growth?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Just coat the rest of the hair with something. I use a leave-in conditioner. It slows down the relaxer on that part of the hair. Some people use serious stuff like vasaeline.

Leave in conditioner is easier to wash out yr hair than vaseline. It works wonders in slowing down the processing time!

There are some here who recommend using Cholesterol Like LeKair or Dark & Lovely's (my personal favorite) on the hair that is previously relaxed to protect it.

Good luck!

Back