Denser hair?

Aberdonian

Hi Ive come out of lurkdom to ask a question about hair density.

I used to have dense hair but due to neglect its become really thin. Any success stories of regrowing hair?..increasing density back to how it use to be? is that even possible?

im taking biotin and msm and ive noticed newhairs popping up here and there, what I really want to know is will i ever be able to restore my hair to its previous thickness?

All help and advice much apreciated!

genesislocks

MSM might do the trick! From what I've read, it's supposed to extend the anagen phase of hair, allowing it to grow relatively faster and to greater lengths.

southerncitygirl

Aberdonian

tell us about your overall reggie and products you use, perhaps some tweaking is needed

Last edited:

Aberdonian

My regimen is pretty basic, I cowash a few times a week and clarify when i need to...i usually just bun my hair....use a bit of leave in conditioner and coconut oil...the thing is i had some major shedding september -november..i was quite stressed aswell during tht time so it didnt help..but im not sure if it was seasonal shedding aswell? can anyone explain the concept of seasonal shedding? ..anyway i lost nearly 1/3 of my hair...every time i washed it would just come out..eugh..I want to restore my thickness...replace all the strands that fell out..my hair is so thin and pathetic right now :nono:...i hope msm biotin will help..also gonna start silica..

southerncitygirl

Aberdonian

you have not told me what brand of products you use. the reason i'm trying to get you to be more specific is because cones, sulfates, too/much little moisture/protein could all be issues, not to mention if your reggie is lacking ceramides.

southerncitygirl

Aberdonian
many of us have to tweak our reggies once the temps and the humidity dips. i don't like pure evco for the colder months i would cut it with 2-3 other oils like castor, and a ceramide based oil. isolated nutrienst don't ever appear in nature and you hair/skin/nails require more than biotin, msm, and silica to be healthy and flourishing. i am a proponenet of taking wholefood, plant based or inonic supplements only.

what is your diet like? healthy is a vague umbrella term in the western world and it usually means that most eat terrible. are you eating tons of dairy, meat, refined sugar/starch, things out of pks/bottlers/cans, minimal salads and cooked to death veggies? if so let the tweaking of your diet begin. hair and nails get the last of everything after thing either bdy part and system get what it needs. what other vitamins are you taking? how much water do you drink?

Seamonster

During a seasonal shed a person can expect to lose a larger amount of hair then they do the rest of the year. Say a person losing 50 hairs a day in summer; they might lose 100 per day during the winter. Both levels of hair loss are within the normal range of 50 - 100 strands per day. Most people that have seasonal hair loss also have seasonal growth spurts, so they wouldn't notice the additional hair loss unless they just began their hair journey.

That being said stress is a major cause of alopecia. Losing a third of one's hair is beyond seasonal hair loss. I would strongly recommend you see a doctor for that level of stress. It can effect more than your hair. Stress related hair loss usually grows back once the trauma is over.

Seamonster

Aberdonian

what is your diet like? healthy is a vague umbrella term in the western world and it usually means that most eat terrible. are you eating tons of dairy, meat, refined sugar/starch, things out of pks/bottlers/cans, minimal salads and cooked to death veggies? if so let the tweaking of your diet begin. hair and nails get the last of everything after thing either bdy part and system get what it needs. what other vitamins are you taking? how much water do you drink?

:amen: This is so true, we don't have a clue on what health is in the western world. It cracks me up when people say read the ingredients to eat healthy. If there is a list of ingredients-it ain't healthy.