So apparently my hair's thinning?

AmyRose92

Hi LHCF ladies!

So the moms says my hair doesn't look as thick as it used to. I just smiled and walked away, not wanting to confront her or anything. She always has something negative to say about my hair (e.g. "I don't see progress," "Your doesn't have any shine," etc.) I don't really see a marked difference other than increased shedding. But I'm guessing increased shedding = decreased hair density? The only change to my regimen is taking biotin. My dermatologist recommended I work with 5000mcg a day and I've been taking exactly that for almost two months now. But with the increased hair growth, I do notice more shedding. So does that naturally mean that my hair will lose its thickness over time?

Idk. It would make sense if you have increased shedding that density would decrease. What did your derm attribute the shedding too? Have you tried garlic pills/poo/condish? I hear ladies on the board talking about it and decreased shedding. My biggest concern would be why is it increased. And the second would be how can I stop it.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm not sure but my sis has been taking biotin for about a month now and she says she is experiencing a lot of shedding as well.

With any new growth aid, most people experience increased shedding for 4-6 weeks after they start a new program.

How long have you been taking the Biotin?

You might want to consider using some things to try and combat it. I used the Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner which helped. Others take garlic tablets or use sulfur.

Idk. It would make sense if you have increased shedding that density would decrease. What did your derm attribute the shedding too? Have you tried garlic pills/poo/condish? I hear ladies on the board talking about it and decreased shedding. My biggest concern would be why is it increased. And the second would be how can I stop it.

Sent from my DROIDX

I didn't have increased shedding prior to my derm. visit but she recommended biotin for increased hair growth since I have "unspecified alopecia" (I'm pretty sure it's traction alopecia though :ohwell:). I haven't tried anything garlic-related, though I've heard that it does wonders for shedding.

Thanks for the response :)

With any new growth aid, most people experience increased shedding for 4-6 weeks after they start a new program.

How long have you been taking the Biotin?

You might want to consider using some things to try and combat it. I used the Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner which helped. Others take garlic tablets or use sulfur.

I've been taking biotin for almost two months. I noticed while I was washing my hair last week that I didn't shed like crazy compared to first couple of weeks when I started taking biotin. So it'd definitely make sense for my hair to shed a lot during the first month or so. :yep:

Thanks for responding :)

ITA with mizteaze
alot of people experience shedding and then the hair kind of settles. i suspect that this could be attributable to the increased growth rate of strands that were already almost ready to shed on their own, making them fall out faster.

seems garlic really does help to combat shedding though :yep:

ITA with mizteaze
alot of people experience shedding and then the hair kind of settles. i suspect that this could be attributable to the increased growth rate of strands that were already almost ready to shed on their own, making them fall out faster.

seems garlic really does help to combat shedding though :yep:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense since my hair seems to be shedding normally now since I've been taking biotin for about two months now. :yep: Thanks!

good luck with the alopecia. thinks will get better. If you really can't see the difference in your hair, take some pics from month to month. You can really start to see the growth that way.

A relative told me the same thing, and I thought they were just being rude at first. But then I decided to examine my hair thoroughly-- just in case. I had a large mirror in back, and parted hair in small sections from the back, examining the hair row by row. Long and behold, I discovered some breakage---especially in the crown. So, the only way to know for sure is to examine your hair thoroughly...you should be able to tell if its thinned out once you go through section by section.

Back