Denman Brushes???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy You Read My Mind :) I Was Just Getting Ready To Ask What Type Of Denman Are The Relaxed Heads Using? What Do You Ladies Recommend for Relaxed Hair? I'm Sold:yep: I Will Be Picking Up One After Work Tomorrow:grin:

Doesnt anyone use the knock offs? I think they are by Annie and are red and white.
They look the same as the Denmans, but are they really different?

I have a D5 and a D3. I mainly use the D3 for wet brushing before product application. The Denman makes my curls clump and it does a great job of getting out stray shedding hair. I think it will work best as my hair gets longer.

I have relaxed hair and I use the D3. I love love love this brush. I will not use any other brush other than my boar brush for the edges.

I noticed I used less products when I use this to smooth my hair into a bun.

Why when I use the D3 (or D4 I don't know which one I have) it pulls my hair out. My brush doesn't detangle but gets tangled in my naps. Am I using this wrong? At Sally's this brush was like $8.99. I didn't know you could use this in the shower, hmm.

Do you think that this brush would help when stretching relaxers?

The only one that I could find in the store is the D14... is this comparable to the D3 or D4? (I know that it is much smaller...)

I NEVER use that brush without something in my hair to help detangling. (in my case I us carefree curl gold)but yes it does in fact help me stretch more.

I do shed a little more when I'm stretching but I don't lose gobs of hair so in my case I consider it norma, but I take more care when using styling utensils so I don't cause my hair to snap and break. If I was losing alot then that would be a problem.

-A

caligirl said:
This brush is like magic. If I brush thru a soaking wet section of hair with conditioner, it goes from bush to defined 3c curls. I think the brush just really smoothes the cuticles of the hair. Plus it doesn't snag or tear my hair out. I only brush thru small sections of hair at a time though.
Same here. I can go from frizzball undefined curls to perfect ringlets w/ one pass of this brush. It is truly amazing.

Cheleigh said:
Love my D4. At first I didn't know what to do with it, so I didn't use it for a couple of months. Once I figured out the technique, it literally saved my hair (natural and relaxed) during my transition.

Now I still love it as a detangler on my natural hair. I use it everytime I CW (which is now 3-4 times a week).

see, i was under the impression that you were not supposed to brush the hair while it is wet...

I just purchased a D4 (they didn't have the D5) from Trade Secrets and all I can is Wow! That brush glides through my 18 weeks of new growth like butter! :lol:......My hair is laying so smooth and the waves just 'pop' now! It was well worth the $12.95.

Hum i was about to get a Mason Pearson brush, but it seems i need to get a denman too:lol: you gals are bad:mad: well it s christmas season :grin: time to splurge question:confused: what type would i need to buy for 4b natural hair and can you only use it on wet hair with cond or even dry hair? i usually finger comb but if i read well and yall say that it also get rid of shed hair:eek: that denman brush sounds like a winner!:D ;) :p

ekomba said:
Hum i was about to get a Mason Pearson brush, but it seems i need to get a denman too:lol: you gals are bad:mad: well it s christmas season :grin: time to splurge question:confused: what type would i need to buy for 4b natural hair and can you only use it on wet hair with cond or even dry hair? i usually finger comb but if i read well and yall say that it also get rid of shed hair:eek: that denman brush sounds like a winner!:D ;) :p
I think Deecoily from Nappturality has used it on dry hair....I remember seeing a pic somewhere. I think the majority use it on wet hair though. From naturals I've seen the most raves for the D3.

Country gal said:
I use it on wet hair. I think I need a bigger brush because my hair is getting so thick.

Which one do you have? The D4 is bigger than the D3, I don't know about the D5 (I'm sure it's even bigger though :lol: )
On the website, it says the D4 is for medium to long hair.

amr501 said:
:eek: Really?! How do you use it? Are you using it on wet or dry hair?

Wet hair. I never have tangles in my hair. I just kind of run my fingers through it in the shower. The Denman just sounded like my hair was being pulled out. There was no visible difference.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Wet hair. I never have tangles in my hair. I just kind of run my fingers through it in the shower. The Denman just sounded like my hair was being pulled out. There was no visible difference.

Oh, well sounds like you don't need it :)
Girl, my newgrowth needed some assistance!:lol:

bmoreflyygirl said:
Am I the only person whos hair this doesnt do anything for? :confused:

My hair is suuuuuuuper dangled. I bought the D5 and it ripped my hair right out. I tried brushing as gently as possible. It did not do the trick for me. There was so much hair on the brush.

amr501 said:
Oh, well sounds like you don't need it :)
Girl, my newgrowth needed some assistance!:lol:

I tried it bc I heard it was good for curl def but idk... :ohwell: Maybe i'll try it on wet hair with conditioner. I tried it on just wet hair before.

I am nautral, and my Denman and I have a love/hate relationship. I love how it reduces my tangles and makes my hair oh so soft and manageable however I do believe it has caused a little bit of damage to my hair shaft. So I will only use it sparingly...

Pokahontas said:
I think Deecoily from Nappturality has used it on dry hair....I remember seeing a pic somewhere. I think the majority use it on wet hair though. From naturals I've seen the most raves for the D3.

Thanks Pokahontas!:D i m get the D3 then and try on wet hair with cond;)

Back