DEN1'S GOT SOME INSPIRATIONAL PICTURES!!!!

Nanyanika

DEN1\'S GOT SOME INSPIRATIONAL PICTURES!!!!

Hello
wave.gif

I would like to share my sisters hair progress, to inspire those of you who are feeling a little disheartened in reaching your goals, all her life she was teased about her weak short hair, until I introduced her to the Crown & Glory technique and my after braids treatment regime. She has faithfully followed this regime for nine months, now her hair is the longest it has ever been. Unfortunately, before this her hair was over processed with a no-lye relaxer, it weakened and eventually begun breaking, so I aided her in transitioning to natural. Here are the pics taken two months ago. http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/deniselhaynes/lst?&.dir=/My+sisters+album&.src=ph&.view=t

After removing, her braid extensions, I treated the hair with a hot-oil treatment with olive oil for 30 minutes. I proceeded with a Crème of nature detangling/conditioning shampoo; afterwards the reconstructer Aphogee treatment for damaged hair is applied throughout her hair and blow dried until hard. To neutralise the heavy protein I used motions moisture plus conditioner for 60 minutes, lastly I apply pro-vitamin leave in conditioner, to detangle her hair then I add infiusium 23 Original and Castor oil. I blow dried the hair and flat-ironed on low heat. My sisters doesn’t take any vitamins, besides a protein shake every morning. I hope you find this inspiring
grin.gif

Re: DEN1\'S GOT SOME INSPIRATIONAL PICTURES!!!!

Hey den1 this is dejuan42. You and your sister look just alike!

[ QUOTE ]
You and your sister look just alike!

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone, says that, is it a good or bad thing?

Hard to believe your sister's hair could ever be called "weak". It looks thick and strong. How short was it nine months ago?

your sister looks like you alot. Her hair looks long and healthy looking. Soon she will be sprouting hair as long as yours.

Tell her to keep drinking that protien shake. I believe that this is one of the best things I learn on this board. Jazzangel cued me into a good thing.
fat.gif

you and your sister look so much alike
trampoline.gif

that's great that you are helping her out! i'm sure her hair is going to grow long and heathly like yours. a matter of fact it looks healthy already (since you mentioned it was weak from the relaxer before)! keep up the good work, and i must say its so inspirational and nice to see women helping one another. i can't wait to see some more progressive pics in the future!

She has some really gorgeous hair!

and off topic, I didn't know Yung was Dejuan42 lol I thought we just had another male on the board.
nuts.gif

[ QUOTE ]
She has some really gorgeous hair!

and off topic, I didn't know Yung was Dejuan42 lol I thought we just had another male on the board.
nuts.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep! I guess he needed a fresh not so negative and gloomy start!

Way to pass on the blessings, Den1! Your sister's hair does look quite thick and strong in the pic's.

Den,

Your sister's hair is so shiny and beautiful. She should feel very blessed to have a sister like you to help her and you should be very proud of yourself.

BTW, your hair is so beautiful as well.

Tebby

Like everyone I agree your sister looks a lot like you, both very pretty!

I'm glad you're so keen to share info on obtaining and maintaining healthy natural hair. I needed this encouragement today
smile.gif

Thanks for all your wonderful compliments, you are making me blush, I still don’t think my sister and I, look alike.

Nonie: It is true my sister had thin, weak and short hair, only 4 inches long 9 months ago, even before she had a relaxer. Thank God her hair is the strongest and thickest it has ever been.

Teva: I’m encouraging her to continue taking the protein shake, hopefully I’ll convert she'll become a vitamin junkie like myself (just kidding). I’m always stressing the importance of vitamins to aid the health and growth. She has decided to take folic acid, B-vitamins, I can't wait for her hair growth to accelerate at an incredible rate.

Daughter and Islandgirl: I hope to keep inspiring everyone, that’s what we are here for
bouncy.gif

Den, I have a question about the Crown & Glory. Is it possible to use this technique with you REAL hair? I really hate fake hair but want maybe try braids consistently.

MindyMouse, Yes it is possible to use your own hair, for the technique, I've been wearing my natural hair braided in cornrows for a few months now and I'm still receiving the same great results
grin.gif

God grief I didn't read your post and I thought it was your pics and I was like OMgoodness she chopped off all her hair. WHAT POSSESSED HER?!
rofl.gif
Glad to see it isn't you. WHEW!
tongue.gif

Faith your cracking me up
rofl.gif
girl I aint that crazy, I'd never put a scissors to my hair, its taken me too long to achieve this hair
nuts.gif

[ QUOTE ]
what brand and type of protein shake do you drink??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairfanatic, my sister drinks protein shake, I'm unsure what kind but I think the name brand is Holland & Barratts.

Back