DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

Aggie

Ladies, look at this... I don't know if the progress is from mega tek or improved hair care. Either way I'm very happy!

Ahhh! not only is it growing longer but it sure looks thicker too future. Congrats on your progress so far honey.

Aggie

I'm in. I need to shop for my conditioner. Right now I think I'll use motions CPR. My avatar is my new starting point. Which is great b/c I just chopped off a bunch of NG. Now is the time to get my swagger back!

Welcome belleza, I'll add you in now. Thanks for joining us.

Aggie

Today I used Duo Tex mixed with Elucence Extended Moisture repair and Nioxin conditioner and left it on for 10 minutes without heat, followed up with my DC mix of AO honeysuckle rose, Biolage conditioning balm and white camellia conditioners.

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
This challenge is a miracle worker. Thanks for adding me Aggie. My starting pic was taken in Nov, 08. My hair has grown since but I haven't taken a new pic. Will do.

DCing right now using Thermal Spa Thermal Heating Cap for 30 minutes, using Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture and Suave naturals as a base :lick:.

Attachments

• DC Challenge 3  Nov 08.jpg
    DC Challenge 3 Nov 08.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 11

SCarolinaGirl

Ahhh! not only is it growing longer but it sure looks thicker too future. Congrats on your progress so far honey.

Thanks! My hair is noticably thicker, I'm so excited! :yep:

I am dcing with ORS replenishing pak mixed with Jason's Biotin for an hour with no heat. I dusted my ends last night and my hair looks good.

Vonnieluvs08

This challange is just what I need to it start my hair journey. I'll take a starting pic this weekend when I do my next cowash and d/c. I need this type of support since I've been very frustrated with my transition and lack of growth but I can feel my roots tingling and ready to grow. Let's get it growing ladies!

Aggie

This challenge is a miracle worker. Thanks for adding me Aggie. My starting pic was taken in Nov, 08. My hair has grown since but I haven't taken a new pic. Will do.

DCing right now using Thermal Spa Thermal Heating Cap for 30 minutes, using Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture and Suave naturals as a base :lick:.

You're welcome Lisaaa Bonet, your hair is really blingin'in your siggy by the way.

Last edited:

Aggie

This challange is just what I need to it start my hair journey. I'll take a starting pic this weekend when I do my next cowash and d/c. I need this type of support since I've been very frustrated with my transition and lack of growth but I can feel my roots tingling and ready to grow. Let's get it growing ladies!

You've been added Vonnieluvs08, and welcome.

J Glazin

Hi Aggie,
Im sorry I took so long to answer. Working and going to school really takes a lot of you. Anyhow, I have really bad try scalp and that is the reason why I oil my scalp. I dont mind changing it up but how can i came my scalp from getting so dry

youwillrise

i havent posted in this DC challenge yet!!!

i keep disappearing lol.

i currently have some aubrey organics white camellia in my hair for the first time. it's been on since about 715pm...it's 12:10am now

i slept for a little bit
i want to rinse, but i'm nervous. lol

i hope i like it.

Jaxhair

I did an ayurveda oil rinse. Saturated with my homemade, probably over-cooked oil, rinsed, applied rhassoul and conditioner, left for 10 minutes and rinsed out, detangled and put in 10 twists. My hair's soooo soft! Can't wait till I get my AO conditioners for DC-ing each time I do this - it can only get better! I do love this challenge!

Chocsmile

I havent posted in a while....but I have been washing 1X week faithly w/ DC. I have been a little discourage w/ this hair journey. In the month of December I experienced a really bad perm that was very straight and experienced constant breakage after. I used Aphogee 2 step and washed with Aphogee 2min every other wk. I would use Queen Helen Cholesterol and Kera Care Humecto every wk ( I think my hair likes thick cond. so I mix it for thick ness.

So in January exactly six weeks post perm I got another perm. The hair dresser also gave me an unwelcomed big chop, she said that my hair was porous and that she wanted to cut of all the damaged parts. Since that perm and cut and I hope with my DCing efforts, I must say that the breakage decreased tremendously, but just not enough for my liking. At first it was long and small strands but know it is primarily long strands. I look at the strands and hope to see the white bulb (hoping that it is normal shedding) but I would say only 25% of the broken strands areshedded hairs. Not to mention that around 4 wks post I usually get serious breakage in my left nape are. This has happen on and off for yrs. in the winter months.

Last night I prepood with garlic oil on my scalp and Aphogee Essential oils on my hair...I washed with garlic cond and Nexxus therepy...DC'd with my two min Aphogee...then I moisturized w/ GVP condition balm mixed w/Aussie Moist. I put my leavins and am sitting under the dryer now. I will check back in to see it the breakage has reduced. If it doesnt I was thinking of doing a hardcore protein treatment, maybe Duo Tex..the one that Aggie used. I want to see if maybe that would help. I was also considering the Blackstrap molasses pre poo treatment which I have read on the post is good for breakage. I am willing to try anything right now. I am open for suggestions.

Sorry for the long post guys, I was just frustrated and had to vent. I feel better already, its like therapy.

silentdove13

I dc'd last night for 2 hours with ORS. But I have a question if' anyone gets this in time. I decided to rollerset my hair and let it air dry. Well I leave in 20 minutes to start my day and it is still slightly damp, what do I do. I only have a blow dryer. Can I set it on cooler and do a quick blow dry or should I wrap my hair, wrap it with a paper towel and my scarf, then put my winter hat over it so come out when I get into the city an hour or so later? I am trying to avoid heat.

Healthb4Length

Did a biolustre treatment under dryer until it got hard, rinsed and applied a mix of AO White Camellia and Ojon Ultra hydrating mask over night. Rinsing it out today and plan on doing a blowout.

msdeevee

I pre-pood last night with a mix of Amla oil, MT and last drops of ORS. Slept with that overnight with a plastic cap.

Today I shampood that out cowash'd to soften and then applied the last of my Queen Helene cholesterol to DC. I'm now sitting under my heat cap.

This was my 2nd DC this week. My first full week on this challenge.

Aggie

Hi Aggie,
Im sorry I took so long to answer. Working and going to school really takes a lot of you. Anyhow, I have really bad try scalp and that is the reason why I oil my scalp. I dont mind changing it up but how can i came my scalp from getting so dry

If you are using jojoba oil, then that should be okay as it is very close to the natural sebum of our scalp. A lot of oils on the scalp would start to cause shedding over time. Only apply oil if it seems too dry for you. But I never get dry scalp because I wash often. Even a quick and simple co-wash would help to keep your scalp from drying out, okay. Have you tried WEN products yet? They are perfect for what you need right now. I would recommend the WEN tea tree, fig, lavender and/or Sweet almond oil. If your scalp is sensitive then you might want to use the WEN cucumber instead.

ETA: If you can't find WEN, then go to Sally's and pick up some Hair One Conditioners - I really like the Olive oil one for dry hair.

Aggie

I did an ayurveda oil rinse. Saturated with my homemade, probably over-cooked oil, rinsed, applied rhassoul and conditioner, left for 10 minutes and rinsed out, detangled and put in 10 twists. My hair's soooo soft! Can't wait till I get my AO conditioners for DC-ing each time I do this - it can only get better! I do love this challenge!

I too love this challenge and agree totally with yo Jax. I just love those AO conditioners and look forward to using them all the time. I had to literally tear myself away from them this morning:yep:. They are like a magnet, pulling me into them:grin:.

Aggie

I havent posted in a while....but I have been washing 1X week faithly w/ DC. I have been a little discourage w/ this hair journey. In the month of December I experienced a really bad perm that was very straight and experienced constant breakage after. I used Aphogee 2 step and washed with Aphogee 2min every other wk. I would use Queen Helen Cholesterol and Kera Care Humecto every wk ( I think my hair likes thick cond. so I mix it for thick ness.

So in January exactly six weeks post perm I got another perm. The hair dresser also gave me an unwelcomed big chop, she said that my hair was porous and that she wanted to cut of all the damaged parts. Since that perm and cut and I hope with my DCing efforts, I must say that the breakage decreased tremendously, but just not enough for my liking. At first it was long and small strands but know it is primarily long strands. I look at the strands and hope to see the white bulb (hoping that it is normal shedding) but I would say only 25% of the broken strands areshedded hairs. Not to mention that around 4 wks post I usually get serious breakage in my left nape are. This has happen on and off for yrs. in the winter months.

Last night I prepood with garlic oil on my scalp and Aphogee Essential oils on my hair...I washed with garlic cond and Nexxus therepy...DC'd with my two min Aphogee...then I moisturized w/ GVP condition balm mixed w/Aussie Moist. I put my leavins and am sitting under the dryer now. I will check back in to see it the breakage has reduced. If it doesnt I was thinking of doing a hardcore protein treatment, maybe Duo Tex..the one that Aggie used. I want to see if maybe that would help. I was also considering the Blackstrap molasses pre poo treatment which I have read on the post is good for breakage. I am willing to try anything right now. I am open for suggestions.

Sorry for the long post guys, I was just frustrated and had to vent. I feel better already, its like therapy.

I try to read every post and it's a good thing I do because if I didn't I would have totally missed this. First of all, let me just say I am sorry you are going through this right now. Secondly, when our hair starts to break like this, many times it means that it's been like this for a while and the breakage is inevitable, meaning that we were probably not giving our hair the proper amount of care over a long period of time and now it's simply responding to that lack of care.

Now that you are freshly taking care of it again, it will get better, but unfortunately the damaged hair that you have may now be beyond repair and we can do what we can to hold on to it for as long as possible but eventually, we would need to cut it off, even if you decie to do it gradually. Proteins can only do so much repair and there is such a thing as irreparable damage unfortunately. That's why it's so important for us not to let our hair get to this point of irreparable damage.

You are doing the right things right now. Try the Duo Tex once a week for about 3 weeks but make sure to follow up with some really good moisturizing DC and daily moisturizer and seal with a natural oil. The Duo Tex to me is mild to moderate - not hardcore like Aphogee 2 step, but it really works. Thank God it's wayyyy cheaper than Aphogee too.

I would also recommend some protective styling after the 3 weeeks of treatments, keeping your hands out of your hair for about a month would help a lot too. I would usually use braids for this because it's easier for me to still DC once a week in them without issues. HTH.

Aggie

I Got up and did an ayurveda co-wash right over my MT pre-pooed scalp. Oiled my hair this morning with some shikakai and brahmi oils, applied a co-wash of a tablespoon each of kalpi tone, brahmi, shikakai, bhringraj, amla, henna, and tulsi powders. I also added Tresemme silk protein conditioner and coconut oil to the mix. It was so nice and smooth but felt a little stiff on my hair. It washed out quite nice though and my hair feels a lot strong. Now I'm DCing with Kera Care Humecto mixed with Alter Ego Garlic treatment on my hair for a couple of hours. I'm getting ready to do a sew in early next week so I am making sure my hair is as conditioned as possible beforehand.

Aggie

I dc'd last night for 2 hours with ORS. But I have a question if' anyone gets this in time. I decided to rollerset my hair and let it air dry. Well I leave in 20 minutes to start my day and it is still slightly damp, what do I do. I only have a blow dryer. Can I set it on cooler and do a quick blow dry or should I wrap my hair, wrap it with a paper towel and my scarf, then put my winter hat over it so come out when I get into the city an hour or so later? I am trying to avoid heat.

I know you're gone by now sd13, but either one of these methods would work. It all depends on how you want your hair when you leave the house.

Aggie

I pre-pood last night with a mix of Amla oil, MT and last drops of ORS. Slept with that overnight with a plastic cap.

Today I shampood that out cowash'd to soften and then applied the last of my Queen Helene cholesterol to DC. I'm now sitting under my heat cap.

This was my 2nd DC this week. My first full week on this challenge.

Congratulations msdeevee. You are right oin track sweetie:yep:.

Mandy4610

I was enjoying my hair this week, so I did not want to wet it.
I am so proud of myself because I did a different style on every single day this week:grin:

The weekend is here so it is time to DC. I will go to my closet and see what I want to use for today.

asummertyme

I just relaxed this afternoon , so I am under and DC with some sitrinillah right now..wont be washing out until this evening..

deusa80

Yesterday I tried an oil rinse for the first time and really liked it...Then I co-washed it and after that I DC'd my hair overnight with a mix of Profectiv Deep Strengthening Conditioner with evoo...I've never tried this before either but I really liked it! My hair felt much softer and it seemed more mositurized.

Today I just bought Yes to Carrots hair and scalp moisturizing mud mask...I'm going to try this next week...I hope it turns out well!

youwillrise

currently re-dc'ing on dry hair
i trimmed...and i figured i'd try the white camellia on dry hair
because it was just ok for me on wet hair

the bottle says for deep conditioning to use it on dry hair
so maybe that'll make a difference.

i would have used it on dry hair at first
but i wanted to cleanse out the cones on my hair.