Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

I texlaxed my hair yesterday with Mizani BB (mild, lye) relaxer system and used the deep conditioners that came with the system. I also finished off with some Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask for extra moisture. I love this conditioner so I will be repurchasing it and a little of it goes a long way. It is very thick and worked well on my texlaxed hair.

I remembered to post. Plus this is my first DC of 2011.

Sitting here with my DC in. I decided to do a bit of mixing to use some things that are in the stash/fridge.

So I used WDT as a base then added some WGO, Rice bran oil, Coconut milk, MT, PC, SAA, Panthenol, and think that was it. I just put on my heat cap and plan on doing some reading.

For those who were doing the conditioner with salt:

1. It really does work. This was my staple when I was transitioning. I have extremely thick hair and this helped make detangling a breeze.
2. It takes a bit to get the portions right since everyone's hair is different. Always start small since you can add more.
3. Use sea salt or kosher salt it works better in IMHO.
4. Let it sit for a few minutes 5 or so before apply conditioner. This really lets it mix in.
5. I used PC as a final rinse so this may help with porosity issues.

Hope this helps. Happy DCing!!!

I will be DCing today, not using what I will be using easier. I might get this Aussie 3 min deeeep out the way and add some ION reconstructor to it with some oils.

Re: Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

I want in on this one. I will be using Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner

I shampooed with CON (orange bottle) and DC'ed with SE Cholesterol. My hair smells so good! I had planned to do a braid out but I will loosely bun until my hair appointment next week. :)

I will be DCing today, not using what I will be using easier. I might get this Aussie 3 min deeeep out the way and add some ION reconstructor to it with some oils.

Sitting here with the above mixture on my head under my heating cap. I plan to sit here for a while, might even keep it on overnight.....IDK yet. This DC is well needed.

I'd like to join this one if it's not to late, will be DCing once a week using WEN Fig re-moist with some type of heat......hooded dryer, steamer or heating cap.

Did a light protein treatment; Aphogee 2 min + Alfaparf Rigen on my relaxed hair for ~5min. Now Dcing with ORS replenishing 1hr, no heat.

So I DCed tonight with ORS replenishing pack, Skala SOS emergency and honey. All I have to say is :lovedrool: I may have to use this combo more often.

DC'ed last week with Suave condish with olive oil and I added the contents of two fish oil capsules (I usually take them orally but decided to try them in my hair instead,:grin:). My hair was soft to the touch, including my new growth . I used a hooded dryer. This week, I'm trying my daughter's Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner...will post results later/tomorrow.

Last edited:
Last night did a DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm (I love that stuff!!!!). Finished with the Kimmaytube leave in and slept in 4 bantu knots. My hair is soo smooth and moisturized! I think until I stop being lazy and end this stretch (my ticker's two weeks off for some reason, I just reached 6 months yesterday-who hoo! :yay:) that I'm only going to use the Joico Balm and Silicon Mix for DC's, Wen for co-washes, and the Kimmaytube leave in. Those are the only products that keep me from looking like boo boo the fool :lachen:

I did the Aphogee 2 Step yesterday. Hoping this helps with my shedding issues.

Hair felt soft and strong after. My curls definiteyt looked better. Did a quick cowash with Moist 24/7. Then added KBB hair milk (old formula) sealed with JBCO and more KBB.

Will do Aphogee every other month. Henna once a month and lighter proteins as needed.

I am already planning my nxt DC session because I will be doing a Henna treatment on the 1/10....so im thinking about super moisture: SAS Deep Condtioner, honey, and Amla Lite Oil.

Hey, count me in!

I'm still looking for a truly 100% natural, homemade DC recipe to stick with. I'm sort of liking what curlescience, choctaw, IslandDiva08, PositivelyRadiant, and Long-n-Strong_Naturally are doing, so I may adapt something from them. But, as much as I love oils, they gunk up my drain :ohwell: I'll be DCing 1x a week, usually do it for 6–8 hours using my heat cap (maybe I should invest in a hood?). I'll repost with a starting picture and a regimen.

I am not a plumber but I have used dark colas to dissolve acid on my car battery and I pour a liter bottle of coke or some cheap cola down the shower drain every other month. I have not had any problems with the pipes as a result of using oils, conditioners and powders.

Once you determine your 100% natural dc, consider adding a teaspoon of liquid lecithin. It is not expensive in small bottles and will increase the moisture level of any concoction. Liquid lecithin is VERY sticky but your hands will love it too. Good luck with the challenge :yep:

Re: Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

I want in if it's not too late. I'm DC'ing right now in micro braids, and I'm using one 'n only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner. This is the first time that I've DC'd in braids, so wish me Good Luck.

Went to the beach earlier today, came in took some of my trusty Mizani Moisturfusion mixed it with Mizani Renew Reconstructing Masque slapped it on my seasalt drenched hair and DC'd for about 2hrs. After I rinsed, I slathered on a bit of Mizani Coconut Souffle hairdress mixed with Motions Foaming wrap, pinned up my ends, put my scarf on, and I'll be airdrying overnight. My hair feels so soft and silky already, I can't wait to bun in the morning. :yep: Next DC will be on Sun after a clarifying wash.

I will be dcing this weekend with silk elements right after doing a protein treatment with aphogee 2 min.

DC'ed tonight with Aphogee 2 minute mixed with EVOO, EVCO and peppermint and then followed up with HV Sitrinillah.

I'm the worst when it comes to checking in, but I still want to join this challenge on the sideline. My plan is as follows:
—DC 2x week when out of braids
—DC weekly in braids

My hair is fine with protein, but I need more moisture at this time. I do regular co-washing and my hair just always seems to be thirsty by midday! :p if anyone has a remedy, I'm all ears.

I will select from either of the following depending on my hair's mood:
Moisturizing: Lustrasilk Shea Butter/Mango Cholesterol, Suave Humectant, Queen Helene Cholesterol
Light/Medium Protein: Mane & Tail Conditioner, Le Kair Cholesterol
High Protein: Megatek

My DC schedule is a bit off this week because I got a TU on Tues. I'll check in when I DC. I will likely overnight prepoo on Sat and DC on Sunday with something different than my usual AOWC.

I did the Aphogee 2 Step yesterday. Hoping this helps with my shedding issues.

Hair felt soft and strong after. My curls definiteyt looked better. Did a quick cowash with Moist 24/7. Then added KBB hair milk (old formula) sealed with JBCO and more KBB.

Will do Aphogee every other month. Henna once a month and lighter proteins as needed.
You can try using garlic for shedding. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...scussion/516153-wow-garlic-really-stinks.html. I discuss my method in post #17. Going forward, I will use garlic capsules instead of the fresh garlic. I read it works just as good.

I am not a plumber but I have used dark colas to dissolve acid on my car battery and I pour a liter bottle of coke or some cheap cola down the shower drain every other month. I have not had any problems with the pipes as a result of using oils, conditioners and powders.

Once you determine your 100% natural dc, consider adding a teaspoon of liquid lecithin. It is not expensive in small bottles and will increase the moisture level of any concoction. Liquid lecithin is VERY sticky but your hands will love it too. Good luck with the challenge :yep:
Great idea on the coke! I might give it a try; can't hurt.

Back