Dark and lovely six week anti reversion cream

Hmmmm I'm tempted to buy. Please report back if you do. Seems like something I would try after a rollerset. I would use it as a heat protectant to my new growth when I flatironed them. Also it says that it lasts 6 weeks? Does that include washing? I'm assuming not.

Sounds like BKT. It says its for relaxed hair, so it suggests the relaxer isn't doing its job. I thought the relaxer was supposed to keep the hair smooth and "frizz free" for 6 weeks until next application.

Looks like something that would work with relaxed hair. Once a drop of water hits my natural hair I'm pretty much done.

I just saw that in the ad space on the side here and went :perplexed: :ohwell: when I saw the name...

Glad I wasn't the only one....:lol: :look:

I was curious enough to look up the ingredients and the bolded is why this product will never touch my hair:

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CETYL ALCOHOL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL, ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, POLYQUATERNIUM-11, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIS-PEG-12 DIMETHICONE CANDELILLATE, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR, AMODIMTHICONE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, TRIDECETH-5, STEARYL ALCOHOL, MEYRISTYL ALCOHOL, ARGININE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, TRIDECETH-10, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLIONONE, GERANIOL, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL ALCOHOL.

Sorry Dark & Lovely, that's too much junk for me to use this as a leave-in. Straight hair ain't that serious for me. :look:

I was curious enough to look up the ingredients and the bolded is why this product will never touch my hair:

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CETYL ALCOHOL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL, ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, POLYQUATERNIUM-11, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIS-PEG-12 DIMETHICONE CANDELILLATE, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR, AMODIMTHICONE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, TRIDECETH-5, STEARYL ALCOHOL, MEYRISTYL ALCOHOL, ARGININE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, TRIDECETH-10, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLIONONE, GERANIOL, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL ALCOHOL.

Sorry Dark & Lovely, that's too much junk for me to use this as a leave-in. Straight hair ain't that serious for me. :look:

:lachen: LMAO @ ALCOHOL ALCOHOL ALCOHOL

For comparison, here are the ingredients in my beloved Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Polyquaternium 37, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Meadowfoam (Limnanthes Alba) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Fruit Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Admittedly, I don't know what half this stuff is :look:, but what I DON'T see is that mineral oil junk!

I don't know about this. Seems that you have to use heat for it to work so I don't see the point in not just deep conditioning your hair and then flat ironing as usual.

Seems like a marketing ploy.

The ad I saw wanted you to apply the cream, blow dry, and then flat iron. If I have to do all that. What is the cream doing? It's the heat hiding the new growth.

I just signed up for the sample so i cant wait to try this. I see the ingredients and all the work i have to go through but i want to see if it works. This should be interesting.

Those are all fatty alcohols which are good for the hair.

LaToya28 said:
Those are all fatty alcohols which are good for the hair.

Tell me more about fatty alcohols. I had no idea such a thing existed.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

The products stop hair from reverting. Whether my hair was relaxed or natural when I straightened it it would poof up at some point before the first week

OMG, all that alcohol.. WOW

Hmm, all I'm getting is a coupon for $1 off. Whatevs. I'll stick with my Sabino Moisture Block which I don't even use anyway, lol. Best anti-reversion technique I use is winter.

I'm really tempted to try it this weekend. I have a texturizer though. I wonder if my hair will come out straighter. :scratchch

I signed up to get a free sample, I just wish I could use it on dry hair, and not have to wet my hair to use it.

For comparison, here are the ingredients in my beloved Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Polyquaternium 37, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Meadowfoam (Limnanthes Alba) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Fruit Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Admittedly, I don't know what half this stuff is :look:, but what I DON'T see is that mineral oil junk!

sunnieb, does NTM prevent reversion?

shockolate - I have no idea. Although I relax bone straight, I don't care about my hair reverting and I don't use heat.

NTM is very moisturizing for my hair though. I use it daily! :yep:

Back