Daily Moisturizing Necessary for Co-washers?

vtoodler

Do you need to moisturize and seal your hair everyday if you co-wash many times a week?

Or would that be too much moisture?

That depends wholly on what works for your hair lol. I still moisturize but I don't do it as thoroughly. And I still seal. Idk if it's necessary that I moisturize, but I do it out of habit more than anything. It feels wrong to not apply my leave ins after washing lol. It's just one of those things

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I cowash often and If my hair is dry I just moisturize and seal as needed. I'm trying not to put my hair on a schedule and just observe it. :yep:

I cowash twice and week and Seal Twice a Day, primarily because I am under both a Wig & Durag.

So I try to keep it mositurized underneath.

It depends on your hair. I find that cowashing doesn't moisturise my hair as much as I would like it to, so I oil rinse during the cowash as well and after the cowash I like to use a creamy leave in and seal the moisture in with coconut oil.

If my hair is dry, I just moisturise and seal, if it's wash day, I will cowash then.

I moisturize and seal even though I co wash. I don't know if it's out of habit or not. But, my hair feels moisturized. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

My hair is chronically dry, so I need to moisturize as much as possible. :yep:

Since I cowash every morning, I usually moisturize at night. I take down my bun, which is usually still pretty moisturized, but I give it a good overall spray (especially the front and top of my hair, where I use gel to slick my bun) and stretch it in a braid or twist for bed.

Back