Daily Moisturizer Suggestions

Lady Esquire

What are you ladies using to moisturize your hair on a daily basis? In case your moisturizer of choice changes depending on the style you wear, please share.

-Rollersetters?
-Bunners?
-Cowashers?
-Wash-n-go wearers?
-Straight look (blow-dried,flat-ironed, and/or wrapped)?
-Braidout and twistout wearers?

And do you use anything to seal the moisturizer?

Thanks!

GREAT thread!
I have never daily moisturized, but I'd like to start. I think some women use coconut oil or Jane Carter Nourish and Shine.

I use Profectiv Mega Growth Daily Leave-In Strengthener and seal with EVOO. I love this combo. My hair although 10 weeks post is very soft and silky. This combo is best used at night before you tie it down and soft silky morning hair is the result. I got a decent 15 oz container from Wally World for 6 dollars.

Good question. I'm still on the lookout for a good one for myself. So far the best I've used is a concotion that I made myself consisting of glycerin, rose water, and world of curls with a few essential oils added for good measure.

GREAT thread!
I have never daily moisturized, but I'd like to start. I think some women use coconut oil or Jane Carter Nourish and Shine.

I love both coconut oil and JC Nourish. Thing is, I have read that oils do not really moisturize, although this is a topic that has been debated ad nauseum around here. So when I use, I always try to keep that in mind and find a product that is meant to add moisture, and then the oil to lock in the moisture.

I use Profectiv Mega Growth Daily Leave-In Strengthener and seal with EVOO. I love this combo. My hair although 10 weeks post is very soft and silky. This combo is best used at night before you tie it down and soft silky morning hair is the result. I got a decent 15 oz container from Wally World for 6 dollars.

I used to use the Profectiv moisturizers and found them to be a bit heavy for wearing hair out, but great for baggies and buns.

I use conditioner as a moisturizer for my twistouts (Suave Coconut, V05 Strawberries N Cream, Nexxus Humectress). I dont seal b/c I like my result to be fluffy and not weighed down.

My daily moisturizer for dry hair is Darcy's botanicals Transitioning Creme
On wet hair (roller sets, after co-washing..) I use HE LTR leave-in

My sealer is Africa's Best Herbal Oil because it's very light and my hair doesn't get weighed down when I use it daily.

I wear my hair straight 98 percent of the time. Right now I am moisturizing with almond oil and I love it! I have also moisturized with (and loved)
-evco
-evoo
-jojoba oil
-ntm healing serum (made me buy the almond oil) lol

If I am wearing a wash and go, braid out, or twist out, I'll moisturize with something water based like noodlehead, or sometimes just oil and water.

I do know that no matter what, if my hair is straight or not, I have to use serum (and leave in of course) after I wash and DC and before I detangle and style to cut down on breakage and really smooth out the hair. Then after styling I moisturize.

2 days after I wash, I moisturize with Ojon Revitalizing Mist and I seal with Castor oil. I also use Jane Carter N&S on wash days to oil my scalp after my rollerset (I may use this the day after I wash as well). I use Jane Carter Hair Nourishing cream on my edges and nape and seal with castor oil.

I use conditioner as a moisturizer for my twistouts (Suave Coconut, V05 Strawberries N Cream, Nexxus Humectress). I dont seal b/c I like my result to be fluffy and not weighed down.

I was hoping someone would say this. Humectress was my favorite for the longest, as a DC. I'll keep it in mind as a moisturizer. The Suave and VO5 sounds like it would have the hair smelling sweet and lovely all day. :grin: I'll start this on my daughters' hair and go from there. Thanks.

My daily moisturizer for dry hair is Darcy's botanicals Transitioning Creme
On wet hair (roller sets, after co-washing..) I use HE LTR leave-in

My sealer is Africa's Best Herbal Oil because it's very light and my hair doesn't get weighed down when I use it daily.

I've never heard of Darcy's, so I googled it, and it looks extremely moisturizing. But its out of stock. :sad: I just recently bought the HE LTR conditioner, which is great for co-washes. So maybe, I'll try the leave-in too.

I moisturize daily with Hydratherma Naturals growth lotion and seal with Hairveda Cocasta Oil...But I am on the market for a cheaper alternative for daily moisture

I use QP Mango Butter to moisturize and TJ's Vitamin E oil to seal. I usually do this to my ends and I pay special attention to my nape. I usually wear my hair down or braided under a half wig.
If I need moisture on my scalp or the rest of my hair btwn weekly dc's, that's where cowashing with Vo5 comes in.

When my hair is straight I use Mizani Nighttime Treatment as my moisturizer or almond oil because it's so light and smells wonderful..my hair loves it
After I cowash I use KeraCare Conditioner as my leave in, seal with EVOO
When in cornrows to wear under my wig, I moisturize with SCurl and seal with EVOO or JBCO.

Currently I use sweet almond oil. It's very moisturizing without being too oily or heavy.

IMO, it aint a moisturizer unless it contains water.

So, I apply my moisturizer to sopping wet hair and it must have water as the main ingredient.

I just use my rotations of leave-ins as a moisturizer on wet hair, then rollerset.

I'll use Salerm21, HE LTR, La Bomba, Garnier Fructis leave-in, HE Breaks Over, Hydratherma Naturals Protein Leave-in, etc.

Everyday, I use B&B Castor Oil Moisturizer. It's the only one I've used so far that actually makes my hair feel softer.

IMO, it aint a moisturizer unless it contains water.

So, I apply my moisturizer to sopping wet hair and it must have water as the main ingredient.

I just use my rotations of leave-ins as a moisturizer on wet hair, then rollerset.
I'll use Salerm21, HE LTR, La Bomba, Garnier Fructis leave-in, HE Breaks Over, Hydratherma Naturals Protein Leave-in, etc.

I agree. Thanks for the suggestions, especially in blue.

When my hair is straight I use Mizani Nighttime Treatment as my moisturizer or almond oil because it's so light and smells wonderful..my hair loves it
After I cowash I use KeraCare Conditioner as my leave in, seal with EVOO
When in cornrows to wear under my wig, I moisturize with SCurl and seal with EVOO or JBCO.

Starranda, on the Mizani website, it says that it helps with frizz w/o weighing it down. So that definitely peaks my interest. Sounds like it might work for my rollersets.

I moisturize daily with Hydratherma Naturals growth lotion and seal with Hairveda Cocasta Oil...But I am on the market for a cheaper alternative for daily moisture

Hydratherma, Godsflowerrr's products, right? A few folks have suggested this, and her hair is a great endorsement.

Its wonderful for frizz also. I use it in my baggie when my ends feel dry. This leaves my hair so soft and silky. Do a search b/c I know a few other ladies loved it also..Try it!:yep:

I agree. Thanks for the suggestions, especially in blue.

Starranda, on the Mizani website, it says that it helps with frizz w/o weighing it down. So that definitely peaks my interest. Sounds like it might work for my rollersets.

Hydratherma, Godsflowerrr's products, right? A few folks have suggested this, and her hair is a great endorsement.

I've never heard of Darcy's, so I googled it, and it looks extremely moisturizing. But its out of stock. :sad: I just recently bought the HE LTR conditioner, which is great for co-washes. So maybe, I'll try the leave-in too.

Yeah, there was a thread on Darcy's Botanicals...a few days later the Transitioning Creme was sold out lol...hopefully it'll be back soon

Now that i'm natural i use a mix. Folicure + Glycerin + water + EVOO + Cconut oil. I don't seal because my hair get toooooo oily.
When i was relaxed i just used the folicure on my hair.

My moisturizer stays the same throughout, NTM Silk Touch on bulk of hair, Hairveda Whipped Cream on ends. Sealed all over with some Seyani Hair Butter.

I just started using Garnier Fructis instant melting conditioner as my daily moisture. Yes it has cones, and I'm open to change. We had a rather sudden climate change and there wasn't enough moisture in the air to use anything with glycerin in my hair, so I had to put my braid spray away for a while. I had the Fructis laying around and gave it a go with good results. I seal it with my shea/mango/castor/coconut mix (I need a shorter name for that).

I usually wear my hair in a pony or pony-puff.

I’m currently transitioning to natural and use Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm and Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream simultaneously. The moisturising combination of the Qhemet Biologics product’s works wonderfully for my hair; it feel’s soo soft and hydrated all day. I seal with black Jamaican castor oil mixed with either Coconut or Jojoba oil.

I'm a 4a/4b natural and Giovanni Direct Leave In works well for me. It softens, moisturizes and defines all in one. To seal, it's either coconut oil, castor oil, or raw shea butter which I use on dry hair because it's so thick.

I'm also transitioning. For a daily moisturizer that does not leave my hair feeling greasy, but leaves it soft and not dry I use Soft and Beautiful Lite Creme Moisturizer. My hair almost feels damp it's so moisturized.

For straight hair and twistouts, I use Silk Elements Silken Child moisturizer.
For bunned hair, I use Hawaiian Silky 14 n1 or some homemade concoction with conditioner, water, oil, SAA, and glycerin.

I've been using ORS carrot cream. The last time I purchased it, it said "new formula" on the label.

With the "new formula", there's a little bit of oil that settles on the top of the cream, but it does make my hair even shinier and I don't feel the need to apply anything to seal it.

I moisturize with Lacio Lacio for roller sets and pincurls

I use Silicon Mix Leave-in for up-dos and protective styles sealed with either coconut oil or Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer is a non Dominican favorite :yep:

Back