Da wig thread!!!!

LovinLocks

Me in my signature half wig,

I was just referred to this wig style. Must admit I would never have thought of a half wig. I've been on-line for about 40 minutes trying to find one to match my grey/graying hair. ** Sigh **, any suggestions????

Lovin' yours btw. :yep:

SelfStyled

I was just referred to this wig style. Must admit I would never have thought of a half wig. I've been on-line for about 40 minutes trying to find one to match my grey/graying hair. ** Sigh **, any suggestions????

Lovin' yours btw. :yep:

Hi There:hiya:
I have searched every where, and cannot find a half wig w/ a combo of grey/black hair. Take a look on Especially Your and search for "grey"- they have a bunch of wigs and various combo's that should look great on graying hair, http://www.especiallyyours.com/dept.asp?cid=1&did=257&pg=1&sort=5&attrid=142&mscssid=&adsrc=

HTH.

PuddingPop

How do I get my new wigs to look older and worn in so they can look more natural. I hate how fake and glossy most new wigs look.

tiara76

How do I get my new wigs to look older and worn in so they can look more natural. I hate how fake and glossy most new wigs look.

I usually brush/comb them out and then wash them and let em air dry.....if they are curly...I wash them a few times and pick them out so its more natural looking.....and I always buy either half wigs or mono cap wigs where I leave my hair out and blend in if Im not wearing back with a headband

or I buy the ones off the mannequin......

i can show u a couple of compare shots to original wigs....gimme a few

gabulldawg

One of my favorites is in my siggy and avatar. That's a full wig. I attached some other favorites! Love this thread. Always great to get more wig ideas. :yep:

First pic is my newest short full wig. I'm really starting to like those!
Second pic is my favorite half wig (actually wearing it today!)
Last pic is my human hair full wig. That one's actually pretty old.

I have plenty other wig pics in my fotkis. :yep:

Attachments

• jessica1.jpg
    jessica1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 148
  • jessica2.jpg
    jessica2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 245
  • jessica3.jpg
    jessica3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 207

tiara76

that short wig looks really good on you ^^^

I can't wear a full cap wig..my head is way too big and they all look super crazy...

definitely a fan of the half wigs and blending my hair in

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
How do you wear 3/4 wigs and Insta weaves? I am looking to get some wigs, but I don't know what to get.:ohwell:

mistee11

I just bought a new wig last Thursday -- I'm still stretching my relaxer... I will relax next weekend. I really like this one! Sig pic is a sew-in weave that I removed on Fri. (see pics below):

Attachments

• PIC00396-1.jpg
    PIC00396-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 67
  • PIC00414-1.jpg
    PIC00414-1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 56

tiara76

How do you wear 3/4 wigs and Insta weaves? I am looking to get some wigs, but I don't know what to get.:ohwell:

If you go to a Beauty Supply they usually let you play around with the wigs...sometimes seeing it on a mannequin or on the package isn't enuff and sometimes the newness and over fakeness can throw u off too....thats why I like the Motown Tress brand...usually they have more natural looking wigs....however I still like to have them worn looking vs new so I mess em up a bit

I pull out my own hair in the front....I like the natural ones because I don't have to str8n my hair out to wear them

Original Wig...Motown Tress

Me playing around with different ways to wear it

Original Wig...The picture makes it look really fake to me....

My different versions

Original wig...this is my favorite

My style either pinned up, or a curly bang

Random 3/4 wigs...all with my hair blended in

The blond one...I didn't dye my hair..I used the brown color spray....to blend it more than my darker natural roots.....if one is going to use the spray be careful with it....use it after u style your hair....don't comb or put heat on it with the spray in it...I think it will really tear ur hair up....and when removing wet and wash out/condition before combing or detangling it

tiara76

^^^ Hmph u aint ish!!! Lol No GIRL!! You look so GOOD! U worked the hell out of all of those! Me likey :yep:

I went from wearing weaves all the time, to clip ins....to wigs mainly if I decide to add to my own hair...usually on the norm...I afro fluff my own hair out or braid it up and wear a nice scarf tied around it....but my favorite is the curly one

Im tellin you...those sites I listed got some good wigs that aren't that expensive and can create so many different looks and styles in a few minutes.....

some wigs can cost a grip, but since I don't wear em all the time nor do I like the same style all the time...these wigs make it do what it do....

gabulldawg

I went from wearing weaves all the time, to clip ins....to wigs mainly if I decide to add to my own hair...usually on the norm...I afro fluff my own hair out or braid it up and wear a nice scarf tied around it....but my favorite is the curly one

Im tellin you...those sites I listed got some good wigs that aren't that expensive and can create so many different looks and styles in a few minutes.....

some wigs can cost a grip, but since I don't wear em all the time nor do I like the same style all the time...these wigs make it do what it do....

Thanks so much for posting your pics! The wigs look great on you! More inspiration to try different looks!! :yep:

SelfStyled

Work it Tiara- you are way too creative with those half wigs! I stopped weaving a few years ago, and the half wigs have been awesome when I feel like glamming it up. I love the look with the brown headband. Thanks for giving me some new ideas.

tiara76

Thanks so much for posting your pics! The wigs look great on you! More inspiration to try different looks!! :yep:

thnx mama, you got me wanting to go to hair store and try on one of those super short style wigs....just to see if I can pull one off :)

If anybody is like I was a few years ago and thought wigs were for old folks and people with small heads or thought they just looked to excessively fake...then they may be tempted to try them out as an alternative to wearing weaves for short term styles or looks where they don't have to spend a grip of money on the hair, stylist and spend more than a few minutes doing it if they do it themselves

just have to remember with half wigs, and 3/4 wigs that excessive wear can damage your own hair if not careful.... the edges in front and back and if looking for a wig for long term that you can wear alot but still be able to nurture and take care of your own hair investing in a human hair one may be a better option

I think somebody mentioned using wave caps or something vs the nylon caps for better protection early on in this thread

Rapunzel*

If you go to a Beauty Supply they usually let you play around with the wigs...sometimes seeing it on a mannequin or on the package isn't enuff and sometimes the newness and over fakeness can throw u off too....thats why I like the Motown Tress brand...usually they have more natural looking wigs....however I still like to have them worn looking vs new so I mess em up a bit

I pull out my own hair in the front....I like the natural ones because I don't have to str8n my hair out to wear them

Original Wig...Motown Tress

Me playing around with different ways to wear it

Original Wig...The picture makes it look really fake to me....

My different versions

Original wig...this is my favorite

My style either pinned up, or a curly bang

Random 3/4 wigs...all with my hair blended in

The blond one...I didn't dye my hair..I used the brown color spray....to blend it more than my darker natural roots.....if one is going to use the spray be careful with it....use it after u style your hair....don't comb or put heat on it with the spray in it...I think it will really tear ur hair up....and when removing wet and wash out/condition before combing or detangling it
i love these looks
i cant wait to buy me some wigs, i dont know if i can braid it around in a circle. i guess i need to practice:yep:

tiara76

Work it Tiara- you are way too creative with those half wigs! I stopped weaving a few years ago, and the half wigs have been awesome when I feel like glamming it up. I love the look with the brown headband. Thanks for giving me some new ideas.

thank you....I feel you....I have a problem with people doing my hair and when I stopped weaving my hair up people kept suggesting the wigs and I was always like...nahhhhhhhhhh, what can I really do with them....I even bought a few and tried them on and was like...these look a HAM...then one day I just started playin around with them....then went to a store and sat down one day with the chick and she started showin me all different little tips and hints to really make them work...including the making them look worn tips

washing, brushing...making them look a lil more natural....blending, pinning up...etc....I was like a kid in a candy store that day with all the different styles and varieties of wigs I tried on.....

and I can't stress enough how having a great hair do in about 5 minutes at any given time is wonderful

tiara76

i love these looks
i cant wait to buy me some wigs, i dont know if i can braid it around in a circle. i guess i need to practice:yep:

I saw in your other thread where you had your hair braided up before you wore it out....while you are in the process of doing a braidout you can cover your head with a wig cap , leave a little of your hair out in the front and rock a wig for the day...

I do that as well....but I just do two big french braids or regular braids and throw a wig cap over it.....I definitely don't spend alot of time braiding my hair up to wear a wig....I like to at least wet my own hair daily or every other day so I don't do anything that will take more work or effort than necessary for what Im trying to do

Rapunzel*

I saw in your other thread where you had your hair braided up before you wore it out....while you are in the process of doing a braidout you can cover your head with a wig cap , leave a little of your hair out in the front and rock a wig for the day...

I do that as well....but I just do two big french braids or regular braids and throw a wig cap over it.....I definitely don't spend alot of time braiding my hair up to wear a wig....I like to at least wet my own hair daily or every other day so I don't do anything that will take more work or effort than necessary for what Im trying to do
oh im excited now i thought i would have had to braid it as if i had to do a sew in:grin:

this makes me more happier now that i dont have to pay 20+ to get my hair braided in a circle from left to right.
im going to order off gmbs i believe these bss charge a arm and a leg for wigs and wanna lie and say synthetic wigs are human:rolleyes:

tiara76

oh im excited now i thought i would have had to braid it as if i had to do a sew in:grin:

this makes me more happier now that i dont have to pay 20+ to get my hair braided in a circle from left to right.
im going to order off gmbs i believe these bss charge a arm and a leg for wigs and wanna lie and say synthetic wigs are human:rolleyes:

Yea that site is the bomb...I live in arizona so finding wigs that are more natural/kinky is very rare out here....

I like this one too

I never heard of the do me brand but they got really cute short hairstyle wigs on there
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/domecon.html

tiara76

does anyone think these would match well with my braidout
should i play with it to make it more natural?
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/instantweave2.html
my hair[braid out]

synthetic

i forget?

human

human

application process[ ill be braiding it inside though]

I think those two if you play with them a lil, add a lil natural frizz to them and take some of the newness look out would work with your hair

the other two could work if you planned on str8n the front some then twisted it up so that its more wavy when untwisted than tight...or str8n and crimp iron it.....

Rapunzel*

I think those two if you play with them a lil, add a lil natural frizz to them and take some of the newness look out would work with your hair

the other two could work if you planned on str8n the front some then twisted it up so that its more wavy when untwisted than tight...or str8n and crimp iron it.....
okie i appreciate it i think i can separate some of the curls and the fact that its human after i wash it it will look older, and create some type of frizz:yep:

i think ill go with the second pic and its human too