Curlies & Styling Products

inthepink

When you do an updo or a ponytail, when do you apply the styling product (i.e. gel or styling cream etc).? Do you apply it in the same manner that you applied your leave-in? Or do you put your hair in the updo first and then apply the styling product to just that section of hair? Do you comb it through - with fingers? comb? before or after styling product application?

when I do a low ponytail (Im almost there still a few hairs sticking up on the top of my head.) I apply a small amount of product through the hair. Then I take more productand smooth it on the base (edges, sides, back). After It is gathered into a ponytail I take the ends and scrunch the them with a small amount of product. This is all on soaking wet hair though. I cant do a low ponytail with dry hair just yet
smile.gif

When I have my hair blowdried straight and I put it in a ponytail I first apply some oil moisturizer all over my hair. Then I smooth it into the ponytail. Then I apply some oil to the ponytail or maybe just some hair spray all over.

I do it all in the shower, I apply salerm 21 or biolage, and then hair milk and jessicurl's rockin ringlets. I then put my hair up in a loose ponytail on the top of my hair to dry. I try not to dry my hair with a towel cuz I get more frizzies. I just use my fingers, I find the less manipulation the better my curls look. After my hair air drys I leave it up or wear it down now that my sides have finally grown out.
HTH

I'm sorry Hairlove, I didn't pay attention that you said "curlies":(

But if I wear a curly ponytail I smooth my hair into a ponytail first and then apply product to the ponytail.

I put shea butter and a little olive oil in all of my hair and then brush the front of my hair smooth and then do the ponytail or bun. It looks best if it's done on wet hair.
I usually part my hair in 4 parts and then add the product.

[ QUOTE ]
NAY007 said:
I'm sorry Hairlove, I didn't pay attention that you said "curlies":(

But if I wear a curly ponytail I smooth my hair into a ponytail first and then apply product to the ponytail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect! This is what I was wondering! Thanks for re-responding.
smile.gif

I apply my monoi coconut oil or sweet almond oil and aveda elixir leave in conditioner on my damp hair then comb my edges up into a sleek bun with a hair clip.

Back