Curlformer Dupes?????

Aicer

I need these. I just don't know what size to get. I think i like the narrow

What's best? I'm a little below shoulder length type4 natural.
I'm trying to figure out which compliments me better

Blairx0

Aicer

Go extra long and give yourself room to grow! The have long wide and narrow, so whatever kind of curl you want to achieve is the direction you should go in

Blairx0

Rating: Don't buy

Finally got my fake curlformers and installed them. Let me just say never again in hell.

I got two packs hook broke in each packs about 7 curlers in. I had to run to sallys looking crazy to get another one. Some of them were melted shut so I had to cut them open the even get them on. And the short ones are about 3.5 inches unrolled so they were way to short and I had use two on some pieces of hair.

Thank God when I was at sally I picked up some extra ones. The real ones went on great. My advice is do not buy these. It is wasted of time and they will likely snag your hair to death if you can even get them on

Blairx0

Just wanted to report the second bootleg pack I bought on ebay from HappyCurls was fantastic. I can not tell the difference between the Brand New! 12 Extra Long and Wide Magic Curlformers Spiral Curlers I bought from her for 14.50 and the real curlformers I bought at sally's which were 12.99 for 6.

I def plan on buying some more and maybe trying these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-1...=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=36407&cmd=ViewItem

to see if they work like traditional rollers. Either way the pack I bought from her was MILES ahead of the vendor in the OP who ended up refunding me because of all the issues I had.

H0tPinkButtafly

Just wanted to report the second bootleg pack I bought on ebay from HappyCurls was fantastic. I can not tell the difference between the Brand New! 12 Extra Long and Wide Magic Curlformers Spiral Curlers I bought from her for 14.50 and the real curlformers I bought at sally's which were 12.99 for 6.

I def plan on buying some more and maybe trying these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-1...=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=36407&cmd=ViewItem

to see if they work like traditional rollers. Either way the pack I bought from her was MILES ahead of the vendor in the OP who ended up refunding me because of all the issues I had.

Blairx0 Was the hook better too? did it break?

Blairx0

Since I bought the regular hook at sally's for 4.50 I just used that. The other hook certainly felt more stable, but I don't know for sure.

Blairx0

Let's see. I have A LOT of hair. My hair is pretty dense, but only APL so it may vary

I used 12 from happycurls
I used 6 from Sally's
And ended up using 6 of the crappy ones

So that is a total of 24. I need more though because the sections I made were really big. I plan on buying 2 more sets from happycurls, so I have a total of 36 good ones and then getting ride of the crappy ones expect for a few just in case of emergency.

H0tPinkButtafly

Let's see. I have A LOT of hair. My hair is pretty dense, but only APL so it may vary

I used 12 from happycurls
I used 6 from Sally's
And ended up using 6 of the crappy ones

So that is a total of 24. I need more though because the sections I made were really big. I plan on buying 2 more sets from happycurls, so I have a total of 36 good ones and then getting ride of the crappy ones expect for a few just in case of emergency.

Are these real curlformers or the bootleg ones? i see a pack of 36 for $33. i want to make sure im getting the right thing

Aicer

I just bought some generic ones and trying to figure out how many I need.
I bought 60 and I'm wondering is that enough.

I tried them on a couple of pieces and it made my hair so straight, I was so surprised.
I think I might like these :grin:

Blairx0

I think 60 is plenty . I have read of some people using 70 - 90. But realistically who is going to do all that and have to store them. I have like 50 and that is plenty

JJamiah

I use 80 and it is a must for my head and a fresh set...it was my transitioning style and I don't want a strand out of place...my sets are always on point can't wait to do another...

Aicer

I think 60 is plenty . I have read of some people using 70 - 90. But realistically who is going to do all that and have to store them. I have like 50 and that is plenty

That's good. I really don't want to buy anymore.

I use 80 and it is a must for my head and a fresh set...it was my transitioning style and I don't want a strand out of place...my sets are always on point can't wait to do another...

Man I hope I don't have to use that many. What size curlformers do you use JJamiah ?

JJamiah

That's good. I really don't want to buy anymore.

Man I hope I don't have to use that many. What size curlformers do you use JJamiah ?

Aicer

Sorry for side pics
ForumRunner_20121126_073642.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_073708.jpg

Once I seperate them, they last only a few days more so I set them close and leave them for 3 to 4 days before doing, so to get a full weeks hairstyle out of it, or at least 6 days.

Blairx0

^ links aren't working on my phone, but I have purchased for happy curls and hers are very close to the original. I wrote about it in this thread

Blairx0

I'm selling mine so if you're interested check it out in the exchange forum

Last edited: