Critique my reggie PLEASE!!!

afrofaithful

Hi! I'm a newbie and after sifting through all these posts trying to find the answers I needed I just broke down and paid for a membership! Anyways I was wondering if anybody willing to help me out would critique my reggie? I haven't had a relaxer in about 3/4 years. For my transition I wore braids for awhile and that worked to help grow my hair out. After the braids came out I became addicted to my flatiron...:wallbash: bad idea...SO long story short I cut off a lot of damaged hair and now I want to grow my hair out! I recently ordered a lot of products since I just stumbled upon this site and wanted to try out some of the methods on here. I still haven't received some of the products I ordered, so I'll put stars next to things I'm GOING to do when I get m stuff! So here's my reggie...

1. DC with Miss Keys 10 en1 at least 2-3x wk

2. Co wash 2-3x wk with ORS packs, I recently bought Suave Humectant because its cheaper...gives my hair a more "clean" feeling and provides some slip. But which one would be better???

3. Leave in condish- Treasured Locks Shea Butter Nourishing Leave In Conditioner, I usu. end up using this after cowashes and dc and everyday really. My hair just drinks it up. I need something a little more moisturizing maybe this stuff is alright. Has anyone else used it? Please give details of your use of it. I was using a mix I made of just ORS packs and OO. Which one do you think would be better? I'm still on the fence...

4. For my protective style I cornrow the front of my hair and leave the back curly I put it up with a banana clip. So it kind of looks like a (my style) mohawk. I'll post pics later. I put moisturizer I made with the ORS and OO and it made it pretty soft. I braided this in a giant braid for sleep then in the morning I just wake up, unbraid it and put on right on curl activator, I like that this keeps my hair moisturized and conditioned. Do you think activator juice is bad? I was wondering b/c I can stop using it I just don't know...

5. Twist Outs- I DC, then use my ORS and OO mix for twist out goo. I add half a tsp of got2b hair glue just for stick, the vat of goo i use doesn't really allow the hair glue to be too concentrated, but do u suggest omitting it? I know it throws off the natural thing. I seal my ends with OO and sit under a dryer for about 20 min. It comes out nice and shiny but what can I use to make it softer?

Here's the stuff I've bought that I haven't received yet...

1. AOGPB just wash with this 2x a month?
2. Oyin Honey and hemp condish I was going to use this for cowash if I like it, but it's $$$
3. I bought Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Tea Tree Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil w/ Lavender, and some raw honey to do hot oil treatments and to add some of these oils to my other products to stretch them out and supplement lack of moisture. Which do u think I should add to each? Do you think I should get more oils? Are these good?
4. I bought some of Kinky Curly Products to use for twist outs, do u all like this stuff? What do u suggest?

So I kind of went PJ crazy when I did all my research but I figured I didn't have ANY hair products and desperately needed to do something. Please critique the things I'm doing any tips or products or anything you have to say please let me know!!!

thanks (sorry for the super long post...) :ohwell:

Here's a pic of my hair straight it's a little longer but that's the only pic I have of my hair straight... It's a little below my neck I want to be apl by the end of the year! Do you think this is attainable???

Ok thanks now...I'm going away:drunk:

Attachments

• faith co 002.jpg
    faith co 002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 5

BlkOnyx488

Welcome to LHCF
Sorry I don't have any advice, but I am sure the ladies around here will be willing to chime in and help.